Complex Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

Sort:

Associate Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Complex (New York, NY).

Interview

They wouldn't say what the position was until I got there for the interview, so that resulted in a lot of confusion throughout the entire thing. No real structure to the interview or anything.

Music Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Complex (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

not awful... went pretty easy. Got an email a week after I applied, they asked for 3 writing samples then I got asked in to come for an interview. Had an in-person interview, went pretty smooth. Then I got an offer a few days later.

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Complex.

Interview

Onsite interview wasn't very challenging. It was easy if you have the skills you say you do. The reviews about the company are spot on. They're very disorganized and lack of internal communication is obvious from the outside looking in with how the mishandled my interview process. However, they are professional and won't ice you out like some companies will.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Complex (New York, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

I was emailed first and then they set up an interview. I met with two managers who interviewed me at the same time. One of them left in the middle and then there was just one manager who went into detail about the job.

Interview Questions

• When asked about excel skills, I had said 10/10 and he wanted to hear 4/10.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Complex (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Overall a very fluid experience. Applied online but fortunately did have someone already working within the company. I had an in-person interview with two current employees who spent a good amount of time discussing the company and what they were specifically looking for and needing within their department. I was then asked to discuss my skills and education and what I was able to offer that was beneficial. Overall a very good interview.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Complex (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview was rather short; it seemed as though I already had the job when I walked in. Also, I noticed the interviewer had very casual attire, which initially made me feel out of place because I was extremely formal.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't one.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Complex in April 2016.

Interview

I saw the ad on Indeed and submitted my resume and cover letter. I was actually nearing the end of my search. Then I got an email two days later, scheduled an interview for the next day, and the day after my interview I was emailed that I got the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Complex (New York, NY).

Interview

Met with the manager and discussed why I wanted to work at Complex and other questions. Interview process took about 15 minutes. The hiring manager is nice and straight forward but not intimidating, which made me feel at ease.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Complex (New York, NY) in October 2018.

Interview

One of the most inconvenient and confusing experiences of my entire life. The process started off pretty standard. I applied online and then a week later I received an email from HR looking to schedule a phone interview for the following week. A week later I had the phone interview and it went really well. I don't even think we talked for 15 minutes before the hiring manager let me know that he wanted to interview me in person the following week. I mean he really buttered me up telling me how great of a candidate I was. On the day of the interview I get to the building only to have to wait in the lobby for about 30 minutes because I wasn't "on the list". I end up having to call the hiring manager via cell phone and emailing HR before I was finally let up. During the interview I was supposed to meet with 3 people: the hiring manager (who is a director), another director in the dept, and the dept head. One of the directors wasn't present but I didn't care because he wasn't the hiring manager anyway. So I'm sitting there with the hiring manager and he's doing the same thing on the phone telling me how great I am and we talk for about 15-20 minutes before the dept head comes in. So as I start to recap EVERYTHING I already said, within 3-5 minutes the dept head tells me that he doesn't think "I'm a good fit" and then the hiring manager starts to echo that and I'm like HUH? How? So he starts to give me a basic reason about me not having experience with marketing campaigns when I have over 8 years of experience. After I prove him wrong by diving into specific examples of my experience (I even had documentation of a past project) He goes "OH okay I see that you're a hybrid" So after that the head leaves the meeting... mind you he was there for all of 10 minutes. The hiring manager then gives me a tour of the whole Complex building and I'm feeling good about it all. Later that evening I get an email from the hiring manager asking me to send an example of a presentation I worked on...I send over 3.YES, 3! All within maybe 2 hours of getting the email. Anyways, NEVER HEARD ANYTHING BACK TO THIS DAY. NOT EVEN A GENERIC REJECTION LETTER. I sent a follow up email two weeks later. No response.

Interview Questions

• I didn't really get any questions really more so explaining upcoming projects and talking about my past experiences.   1 Answer

Ad Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Complex (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

There were 3 interviews. Each meeting was 1 on 1. The total process was 3 weeks. The interview room was hot so wear light clothes if it's in the summer.

Interview Questions

• 1. My experience with DFP (Double Click for Publisher) system.
      2. What were my strengths and weaknesses