Computer Information Systems (Illinois) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Computer Information Systems (Illinois) Interview Questions

Interviews at Computer Information Systems (Illinois)

Interviews for Top Jobs at Computer Information Systems (Illinois)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skokie, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Computer Information Systems (Illinois) (Skokie, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

Fairly simple interview with questions intended to find out if you know IT. They must be looking to upgrade their legacy code to .net since they were very interested in that. They also do a lot of basic SQL so if you know that, great. Background check required since the software is law enforcement related. You will be required to do all night call center duty if needed since it is a VERY small company.

Interview Questions

• The Water Jug Riddle (AKA The Die Hard Riddle) and other questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skokie, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Computer Information Systems (Illinois) (Skokie, IL).

Interview

Come on time but not earlier. By federal and state law, you are not allowed in any room alone were a computer is networked. Plan for three hours regardless of skill level or length of time spent on prior phone screens. The interview is also used to gage the type of work they can give you. Do not plan on quick response. The president must approve every hire. Not even the VP (who is son) can expedite requests for hire. The president typically interviews every potential hire. He has also been known to out right refuse hire regardless of qualifications. He has also alright granted an offer in the same week. Sometimes an offer can take months even a year to be delivered. Program and development manager conducts interview. Interview will be uncomfortable. They are looking for dedicated candidates who intend to work long term and weed out those looking to skip out after a few years. Old school courtesy goes a long way. Followup with a formal thank you email and pick items brought up in interview to demonstrate your earnest interest in the position.

Interview Questions

• Will you be needing insurance? Describe a time when you were angry.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Computer Information Systems (Illinois).

Interview

You get interviewed by the VP, Manager and another Software Developer. They want to make sure you know your stuff. Not hard if you know what you're talking about. Once you're done with your interview it takes a few weeks till you get a call back. Once hired your benefits kick in right away. They offer better benefits than I've had at my previous employers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Somewhat negotiable.