Conair Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Conair Interview Questions

Updated Jul 17, 2017

2.4

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Conair in April 2017.

Interview

Too long-- Director said it was because there was "a lot" going on in the department. Come to find out, she left the company and I was not alerted.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Conair (Stamford, CT).

Interview

Long process with little in-between communication. Applied for position and was called for an interview over a month later. Had two rounds of interviews, which I was asked mostly personality based questions. Met with a few people from the team. I was told I was a great fit for the role. After the second interview, I didn't hear from the HR Manager for two weeks, I followed up and was informed that they would be making a decision within the next two weeks and they would let me know as soon as they did. Three and half weeks later, I followed up with multiple people and go no response. After taking the time off work to come in multiple times, I found this to be completely unprofessional and pretty insulting.

Sales Administratiob Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hatboro, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Conair (Hatboro, PA) in June 2013.

Interview

I met with the hiring manager. He asked some questions about how I handle stress, my abilities, nothing too in depth. It was very laid back. I was nervous going in to the interview but was put at ease rather quickly. I was hired shortly after- had to pass drug test and background test.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to do a v lookup in excel?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Windsor, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Conair (East Windsor, NJ).

Interview

I had interned here in the past so it was easy to get an interview because I had already had a positive reputation within the company. I was called in for an interview which lasted about 45 minutes. Was asked the basic interview questions. I was asked to come in the next day to meet with someone else who was not in the office that day. I returned for a second interview the next day, and it lasted about 30 minutes. Two hours later they called and offered me the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't much negotiation; at the time, I was satisfied with the offer.

Inventory Control Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Windsor, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Conair (East Windsor, NJ) in January 2013.

Interview

Received a call for an interview at their East Windsor NJ Distribution Center. I met up with the Inventory Control supervisor, and interviewed for about 45 minutes. I thought it went pretty good. The next day I was called to schedule a second interview early the next week with the dept. manager. Again, I thought that went well. I was familiar with everything the manager said about the job since I have over twenty years experience. They said the position would be filled by the end of the month. I sent a thank you email with references after the second interview, and I haven't heard anything yet. Two weeks gone by, and no call or email. I can understand not getting a call after submitting a resume, or maybe even after the first interview. But after a second interview, a company is definitely showing interest in you. I think the HR Dept should have had the decency to contact me and let me know either the process is still ongoing, or the position has been filled.
    UPDATE: Finally received a reply a week after my last email. Three weeks after my second interview. Their reply was, "The position has been filled, Thank you". That's it. No apology for the delay in responding. No "we'll keep your resume on hand if anything else should open up". Actually this is probably for the better. A company that doesn't have the decency to keep you posted after a second interview may not be a good company to work for.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Conair (Stamford, CT) in May 2012.

Interview

A Conair Talent Manager called me first for a phone screening. She said she was impressed with my background and qualifications, that I was a good match for the role and she wanted me to come in right away to meet with the hiring manager. I explained that I had a busy week ahead of me and tried to schedule it for the following week, but she insisted. I had to take the day off from work to get up to Stamford, CT. I sat in their lobby waiting for 30 minutes before the Talent Manager came to get me. She took me to a gross break room to wait and asked if I wanted some water. She brought me a cup of water in a tiny paper dixie cup. I was then asked to fill out a three page application with all my background information (which is on my resume and which we had already gone over) and reference information. Half way through I noticed the paper cup had leaked and destroyed the first page and a half of my form. I told her and then I had to start all over. When I was done I sat in the break room waiting for the hiring manager for another 20 minutes. When she arrived she asked me for a copy of my resume, started to read it and then said she didn't remember why they brought me in. We talked for another 15 minutes and that was it. I left, sent thank you emails but never heard another word. It was a total waste of time and actually pretty insulting.

Digital Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Conair (Stamford, CT) in October 2011.

Interview

Digital Marketing Manager e-mailed me to schedule a phone interview. He never called. I e-mailed a follow up to see if he was still interested and wanted to reschedule, but he never bothered responding. Really unprofessional, especially for such a well-known company.

Advice to Conair: A phone interview may seem like a very preliminary part of the interview process, but candidates do take time out of their schedule to plan it. If someone else was hired or for some reason you decide to pass over the candidate, at least shoot them an email telling them.

Purchasing, Package Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Conair (Stamford, CT) in March 2009.

Interview

My resume matched up very closely to the job description which stated more purchasing as well as package development, however the position was more package development than purchasing. I met with one person after filling out forms for HR. I did not get to meet with HR as originally advised.
    Interviewer was looking for in depth discussion on package engineering and sourcing which did not happen.

Interview Questions

• There was an opened ended question regarding all of the samples of packaging that was displayed.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Conair in June 2011.

Interview

Takes a long time to get back to you.

Data Entry Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Conair in February 2011.

Interview

Line lead told everyone about job posting. Was going to post in break room, but never did. Had to go to HR and have your name put on a list. Two days later the lead did personal interviews. Asked about prior experience, gave details and minimum job requirements, which I more than met. Did ask about any unexcused absences, and said they need someone already familiar with the system they use. (I am) Then told what the hours are, what is required and that there are several others who are qualified left to interview. Said not to be discouraged if I didn't get it as there are more positions coming up. Still haven't heard anything at all, and that was 2 weeks ago. Lead is a very upfront, likeable person. Office was organized, and comfortable. I have seen and talked with employees in that department, and they all seem to enjoy working there. I also noticed, the lead has a meeting each morning befofre starting work for the day, and actually waits till the start time to begin the meeting, instead of requiring employees to be early (w/o pay) for the daily meeting. This tells me he communicates efficiently with the employees, and cares about them as people.