Connections Academy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Enrollment Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Connections Academy (New York, NY).

Interview

Contacted through email by someone on their talent acquisition team about an digital interview and you have two days to complete it. Digital interview - HireVue - series of questions that you have to answer within 40 mins. Through HireVue your watching yourself on your computer and it's recording so they can watch you as well. Your given 10 seconds to read and come up with an answer for the specific question. Your not able to delete and try again once you start a question. Once you have completed the digital interview you will receive an email confirmation.

Interview Questions

• Have you had any experience in advising students before?   Answer Question

Interview

Did one interview online. Questions asked recorded answer. You have ten seconds to prepare for answer, and cannot change answer once it is recorded. Then moves on to next question.

Interview Questions

• Have not interviewed yet, waiting on my final interview later this week   Answer Question

Content Specialist Interview

Interview

Within a week of submitting my resume and cover letter they contacted me for a screening interview. It went well, but they said the position had been filled. They anticipated an opening in 3 months, and asked me to be in touch. We met for an in-person interview, but that was it.

Instructional Designer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Connections Academy (Dallas, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume and information online. Once my application accepted, I received an email and instructions to complete a video interview. I had three days to complete the video interview. The video interview was timed.

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Connections Academy (Houston, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

3 Interviews all via the telephone. Basic teacher questions such as describe a successful lesson, why am I a good teacher, how can instruction be tailored to fit a student's unique needs

Interview Questions

• Describe a successful lesson and what made the lesson successful   Answer Question

Special Education Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Connections Academy (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2016.

Interview

There is an initial recorded interview where you answer questions using a webcam and microphone. It is one-way, and they ask insightful questions. There are also some short essay questions in this part. Then, there is a telephone interview where you conference with administrators from the different schools (Elementary, Middle, High), and they ask a series of questions about your background and what you have to offer and how you would respond in certain scenarios.

Interview Questions

• They asked me how I would prepare students for high stakes testing.   1 Answer

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Connections Academy (Kansas City, MO) in May 2016.

Interview

First I applied online. About 1.5 months later a recruiter called me to set up an in person interview. The interview went well. Next they asked me for references which is easy to do.( An email is generated and sent to all your references.) I was emailed a technical skills test and now waiting to hear back.

Middle Schhol Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Juan Capistrano, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Connections Academy (San Juan Capistrano, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Online application. Received phone call about 2-3 weeks later. Very casual call. Sent follow up email. In person interview following week with principal and 2 other teachers. Again was very casual. Lasted about 30 minutes. Was given a tour of the offices.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Made original offer, then increased it a little bit a few days later. Took a couple days longer than I was told it would, but after starting work I understand how their process works and why it happened.

Secondary Special Education Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Connections Academy (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

They have you fill out a questionnaire with special education specific questions, and then I did a phone interview with a panel of various people within the special education department. It was a little awkward, but nothing out of the ordinary. Overall they made you feel very comfortable with the process. The process did seem to take a long time. It was 6+ weeks before I heard.

Secondary Math Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Connections Academy (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2016.

Interview

I filled out the online application. Prepared for and completed the online interview recording session. Heard nothing back for several months when they sent an e-mail stating they had selected another candidate. Strange thing is, they are still advertising that position. I feel it was a waste of time as there was no feedback, no follow-up, and I felt there was no consideration of what I said and the intention expressed in the interviews.

Interview Questions

• How would you build a personal relationship with students in an online teaching environment? (Something to that effect)   Answer Question

Course Management Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Connections Academy in February 2016.

Interview

It was a digital interview. I had to answer timed questions on camera. I did not get to see the questions beforehand to prepare. I never received any response regarding the interview one way or another.