Connections Academy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Suring, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Connections Academy (Suring, WI).

Interview

At home virtual interview consisting of 7 questions 2 were in essay format. Questions were appropriate, and answers easily composed. Simple, convenient process. Being able to view yourself providing answers helped to make sure I looked good and reminded me to smile.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Connections Academy.

Interview

Start by applying online, then you will get a phone interview followed by a couple different rounds of in-person interviews.

Special Ed Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasant Grove, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Connections Academy (Pleasant Grove, UT) in February 2019.

Interview

23 questions automated online. Many were very tricky regarding functions in excel spreadsheets. there were also several questions on ppt functions. About half the interview was recorded responses as well.

Interview Questions

• All about excel spreadsheets.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Connections Academy (Harrisburg, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online for the special education position. I was contacted via email then phone for a person to person interview. I was not interviewed via computer self interview like many others . I traveled to Harrisburg for my job interview. Interview consisted of a panel of 3 special education directors asked round robin questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations - offered a salary and accepted

Special Education Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Connections Academy in January 2013.

Interview

Excellent

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions. Typical questions related to special education   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Connections Academy (Columbia, SC).

Interview

I had an amazing conversation with the head of special education. It lasted about 45 minutes. It is stress free and had a great flow. After the interview she asked for a copy of my teaching certificate, but it has been over 2 weeks and I have not heard anything from them yet.

Interview Questions

• There were no unexpected questions. I had done my research and felt prepared.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Connections Academy (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2016.

Interview

There is an initial recorded interview where you answer questions using a webcam and microphone. It is one-way, and they ask insightful questions. There are also some short essay questions in this part. Then, there is a telephone interview where you conference with administrators from the different schools (Elementary, Middle, High), and they ask a series of questions about your background and what you have to offer and how you would respond in certain scenarios.

Interview Questions

• They asked me how I would prepare students for high stakes testing.   1 Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Connections Academy (Baltimore, MD) in February 2012.

Interview

Recruiter got me in contact with them. Interviewed with senior accountant and accounting manager. I think they found me overqualified and didn't get the second interview

Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Connections Academy.

Interview

Very user friendly online interview. Received an email and set up interview time convenient to me. Before interview they provided links and other info that explained the entire process. Questions rested your knowledge of the skills required for the position. For example knowledge of Office was required so I was given short answer and multiple choice questions on elements of word , excel, powerpoint.

Middle School Science Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Connections Academy (Indianapolis, IN) in June 2014.

Interview

Received a call the day after I submitted my application and resume. Had to prepare a 10 minute lesson relating to any middle school science standard. Interviewed a week later. It took 2 weeks for them to get back to me and it was only an email stating that another applicant had been chosen for the job.

Middle School Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Connections Academy in January 2016.

Interview

Started with a phone interview with an administrator and a group of teachers. The entire interview was very positive, often with comments like, "I really like your answer" and "thank you for sharing that with us." I was told they hired someone else because they could fill two positions they needed; but that, they wanted to hire me as soon as a few more students enrolled. I only heard from them, when I followed up with them; and was told corporate still hadn't opened up any other positions. Next, I had an in person interview with the same administrator and another group of teachers. I was asked the same list of questions and received similar responses as I had the first time. I was told they still had four more days of interviewing to do; then, they would let me know what they decided. I never heard from them again. Afterwards, I read several reviews from others who had a very similar experience, including not hearing from them after they were told they'd be contacted with their decision.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you received constructive criticism and what you did about it.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about how you handle problems with parents.   Answer Question
    • How do you engage students to get them to try hard and do their best on high stakes testing?   Answer Question
    • Would you have a problem with traveling for school?   Answer Question