Connells Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Connells Interview Questions

Interviews at Connells

2.9

Negotiator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hereford, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Connells (Hereford, England (UK)) in September 2013.

Interview

After applying in person in the branch I first of all had a telephone interview then had to complete McQuaig profile tests (written assessments) followed by a group interview in front of a panel then finally a face to face interview with the branch manager.

Negotiator Interview

Interview

Good description of job and company.
    Explained how the progression works and how people at the company have progressed overnight years which is good to see. Good support network. There are three interviews.

Building Surveyor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Connells (London, England (UK)) in February 2013.

Interview

telephone interview was ok but it required me to answer maths questions which did not help because maths is not my strong point. however they did ask a few behavioral questions which made the interview process easier

Interview Questions

• what would you do if some one shouted at you   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Connells in June 2018.

Interview

Applied online through a job board and was invited to interview 2 days later.
    The interviewer did his best to make me intimidated and insinuated that the role was more demanding than I anticipated, but when I informed him of my qualification grades and emphasised my degree he then had the audacity to imply that I was over qualified!I was asked all the standard interview questions and was asked to complete a psychometric test which was fairly straightforward but wasn't told about before the interview. I really did like the sound of the role but was put off immensely by this manager's attitude and the way he made no attempt to make me feel comfortable.

IT Staff Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Connells.

Interview

Everything seemed pretty straight forward. The questions were as expected of the role. I felt comfortable, relaxed. I've been to a few weird interviews recently, so it was nice to return to a standard, expected interview of being asked about how I would approach the position. I signed off asking when I could be expected to hear back. I was told a week. I waited for the deadline to pass and chased up via email, but never received a reply. Nearly a week over the deadline I had to call the interviewer. They acted surprised to hear from me and said 'you were not successful for the position' - This isn't really acceptable behaviour of working professionals to simply ignore applicants when you've made a decision. We are, after all presenting ourselves in the most professional light, so to treat potential candidates this way reflects poorly on the conduct of the business and the attitude it take to applicants not successful in the position.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions relating to the position.   1 Answer

Call Centre Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Luton, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Connells (Luton, East of England, England (UK)) in May 2018.

Interview

Attended a presentation then had to introduce the person sitting next to you.
    They mostly talked about themselves and the incentives.
    It appeared they were trying to show the fast pace they work at and only the strong survive.

Interview Questions

• Why do want this job when you have never worked in a sales position before   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leighton Buzzard, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Connells (Leighton Buzzard, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

Telephone interview followed by online competency test and face to face interview. The telephone interview went well and I had issues with the competency tests which I had to complete at the premises.

Sales Negotiator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leighton Buzzard, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Connells (Leighton Buzzard, England (UK)) in January 2013.

Interview

Interview process was thorough. I had two interviews along with a phone conversation and a survey which I had to complete. Found both interviewers very friendly and easy to get along with/be natural with. Had quite a quick response for a decision as well. I was given time during the interview process to buddy a few existing team members to get a really clear picture on what the job involved. Very informative in regards to career steps.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Sales Negotiator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leighton Buzzard, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Connells (Leighton Buzzard, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

A real let down. Left a bad taste in my mouth. Recruitment evening was good. Quick turnaround of interview process both 1st and 2nd. Like a production line. Lip service given by recruitment and an artificial divisional md. Builds your hopes up. Lack of liason with recruitment manager and divisional md Touted twice by team leaders previously. Your honest with them. They give you a Mcquaig test and if your a nice person apparently your not suitable. It's not a test of whether you pass or fail it's a personality test and apparently mine was flat?? A made up story and poor excuses of reasons why I wasn't succesful. Cop out GEM & Connells group. I was strung along unecessarily. Potential co-workers seemed nice enough. I hope you have a better experience. My advice lie and tell them exactly what they want to hear. Oh and they don't think you can work hard buy either judging you by your appearance or a Mcquaig Test. Bit strong a statement but i felt i was discrimated because of my age also. Not many negotiators new to estate agency over 40 years of age Such disappointing behaviour from a company I very much respected.
    I would never attempt to apply there again.

Interview Questions

• How would you cope with knock backs from clients   1 Answer

Sales Negotiator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Connells (Malvern, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

First with Branch Manager, then psychometric test, second interview with Regional Manager . After 2 weeks no -one contacted me to say whether I was successful or unsuccessful - I contacted the Branch and found out that 2 of the Branch Managers had been swapped around. I explained to the new manager that i had had 2 interviews and was still waiting to hear back - I left my mobile number and never had any call back . I find this appalling after I spent 40 minutes doing an online test and attending 2 interviews - and Estate Agents wonder why they have a bad reputation!!!!!!!