Consensus Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Consensus Corporation Interview Questions

Interviews at Consensus Corporation

2.8

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Consensus Corporation (Salt Lake City, UT) in December 2017.

Interview

5 - 30 Minute Slots of Interview.
    Architecture
    UI Drill
    Backend Drill
    Overall Experience discussion and previous work experience
    Algorithm and problem solving

It will take around 3 hours for the total interview process with coding , discussion , analysis , problem solving etc

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Consensus Corporation (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

1. Talked to recruiter.
    2. Had a technical telephonic for 45-60 mins. Few questions about my current work, then basic LinkedList coderpad questions. Nothing too difficult. The interviewer was nice.
    3. Same day got an email inviting me to onsite. For onsite interviewed with 5 people. All the interviewers spent 75% of the time talking about some design question, and remaining 25% some algorithm question on white board. Algorithm questions are not hard if you have been preparing for interviews. Design question can be little hard depending on how much in detail they want to go.
    I declined the offer because of visa related issues. The compensation offered was upto market standards.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Consensus Corporation (San Francisco, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

The on-site was 5 interviews with one person each.

1) director of engineering: computer science fundamentals
    2) senior director of engineering: logical thinking and algorithms
    3) front end engineer: algorithms and front end challenge
    4) front end engineer: algorithms and front end challenge
    5) back end engineer: computer science fundamentals

Interview Questions

• Explain how I would build a particular form using Angular and how would I keep track of state management.   Answer Question
    • How would you designed an algorithm to decide whether or not a user's password is weak or strong?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Consensus Corporation (Salt Lake City, UT) in December 2018.

Interview

Total interview process: two phone interviews then one half day interview.

I went through both phone interviews just fine. They scheduled me for an in person interview that lasted for a full 4 hours. Before the interviews I waited a good half hour in a tiny room for someone to come and get me. The whole time nervous about the interview and wondering if they had forgotten about me or something. Then I was interviewed by 5 people in succession, first the site manager, then interviews from 3 developers that consisted of mostly white board questions (which I admit I didn't do well at). Then an interview from the product manager.

In the email used to schedule the interview they promised a parking validation, and that I would hear back from them soon. Well that was a far cry from what actually happened.
    After the interview I was left to see my self out of the building, and when I remembered I needed a parking validation (the parking was $12) I went back up to ask for one. They had no idea what I was talking about. One of the employees working late angrily complained to me that they didn't give him one when he interviewed either.

I'm like okay strange but not a huge deal. Then I didn't hear back from them. After about a week I finally contacted them and they said the position was "closed" with no other explanation. I was very surprised that is had been closed since I had just barely interviewed for that position the week before.

It occurred to me that they probably didn't like me and instead of telling me they weren't interested, they just decided to close the position. Not very professional if that's how it really went down!

Anyway I contacted them again asking for some feedback on the interview and what I could have done better (I'm always looking to improve). They said they liked me, and that I should check back with them in January when the budget allows for hiring again... Okay cool.

In January I get an email from the recruiter:

"If you’re still interested in joining Consensus as a Software Engineer I’d like to reconnect with you. We’re now ready to move forward with hiring for this role in our Salt Lake City office."

I'm like cool they are still interested! I contact the recruiter and he responds that he will have to get back with me. Like 4 days later he gets back with me and says they are not interested in hiring me.

Well I happen to know one of the employees there and he asks around. They won't talk about the interview (policy or something), but he informs me that the position is open once again, but that he was told it's not open to me.

Overall it was not a positive experience and I would not interview there again.

Interview Questions

• Model an elevator in software   1 Answer

Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Consensus Corporation (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2017.

Interview

Initially a phone interview and then face to face interview with a manager, dev lead and engineer covering all levels from coding tasks to architecture and soft skills.
    Face to face interview lasted for about 2.5 hours, which I found reasonable and not very stressful. I was given opportunity to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• Questions related to architecture as well as coding/logic tasks.   1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Richland Hills, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Consensus Corporation (North Richland Hills, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Easy. Easy. Go in, check in, sit down and wait. Then they will call you in for a one on one interview. Ask you typical interview questions. I went thru Corner Stoner staffing. They gave me a set of questions to go over with myself. Was offer a job, job accepter. 2-11pm any given day of the week. $12 hour. Temp

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Richland Hills, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Consensus Corporation (North Richland Hills, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview process is not as nerve-racking as most interviews you will go on. The management team that does the interviews takes it upon themselves to make sure that you feel comfortable and their work environment while interviewing you

Interview Questions

• Do you have any customer service experience?
      Have you worked at a call center before?   1 Answer

CSA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Consensus Corporation (Fort Worth, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Simple. Easy to get hired. The questions were generic. Nothing they asked provoked any thought to answer. My Interviewer seemed to be in a rush so maybe that was the reason for the short interview.

Interview Questions

• How many years Call Center experience do you have?   1 Answer

Senior Java Develoiper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Consensus Corporation (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied through Target recruiter who referred my Resume to Consensus (subsidiary of Target). Had phone screen and went well. Called in for In-person interview to meet around 5 people. Most of the interviewers seem reasonable but their intention is make me write code on white board outside of Technology Stack (not sure if this's way to identify candidate's programming/coding skills)

Interview Questions

• (1) Most of the interviewers wanted me to explain what I have done in specific and some Technical details about projects.
      (2) But last few minutes they seem like just have to make me write on white board some code which we never write in daytoday like CS fundamental code and got deeper dive(but have written all).
      These are the questions are more nobody on earth will write in real projects and is it real way to test our coding skills ?   1 Answer