Contemporary Services Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Contemporary Services Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Jun 7, 2017

1.5

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Contemporary Services Corporation (Torrance, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

First, you apply online then you will get an email for an online interview. The online interview is one way meaning the questions are on the screen and you record yourself answering the questions. Next, you will get another email with a date and time for a face to face interview and this means you have the job. You will be in a group and have you will ask questions and sign paperwork. Finally, there will be a presentation over everything you need to know as in the employee handbook, other positions, your role as event staff, uniform, places you may work, and any other paperwork.

Interview Questions

• Are you over 18? Do you have guard card? If not are you willing to obtain one? How would you handle rude or chaotic guest? Are you able to stand for long periods of time?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Contemporary Services Corporation (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

They interview in person after the online one-way interviews. It was very straight forward. You can complete the online interview at home. Once they've reviewed your online application, you'll get a call about scheduling a second interview.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Contemporary Services Corporation (Columbus, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

It was barely an interview! I went in, signed some paperwork for tax purposes, and once the paperwork was done, I chatted with a man for less than 5 minutes. He mostly described how CSC worked and asked me some very basic personal questions like where do I work? How did I hear about CSC? I won't officially be hired until I go to orientation and pay for the background check, but it's pretty much I'm hired if I don't have a record and go to orientation.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about CSC?
      Do you have reliable transportation?
      1 Answer

Security Guard Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Contemporary Services Corporation (Orange, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process was about 10 minutes long. It went by fairly quick. Took about a week to hear a call back, then followed by a background check and enrollment into security courses.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about CSC?   1 Answer

Event Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Contemporary Services Corporation (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Pretty simple if you don't have a background. Watch a video. Have a group discussion. Choose the date to be fingerprinted and purchase you security license. Very easy process. No drug test.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose CSC?
      How would you react to different behaviors?
      Answer Question

HSE Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Contemporary Services Corporation (Houston, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

The phone interview went well, we pretty much talked for about 30 mins and she was looking over my resume. We also talked about what the position was about and what i had to do if i was hired one, she also when on and told me a little about the company and what the company stands for.

Interview Questions

• What majored in school?
      Why i choice that major?
      What would i do with that major?
      What is this major used for?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Contemporary Services Corporation (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Job fair
    Orientation
    Came in to the Torrance off
    Just so you are well aware in this job you will be on
    Your feet for many many hours at a Time sometimes to excess of 16 but push comes to shove its a way to pay your bills and some people don't have that so we work it

Event Staff/Security Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Contemporary Services Corporation (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I went to a small shack in the Hollywood Bowl parking lot. There was a few people in there and one of them described the job and ask if it is something your willing to do. They then explain that there is a fee to obtain the guard card you pay 1/2 upfront during orientation and the remainder comes out of your salary.

Interview Questions

• are you willing to get a guard card?   1 Answer
    • are you willing to pay $200 to obtain the guard card?   1 Answer

Event Staff Interview

Interview

I applied online and then interviewed in person at the Contemporary Services Corporation.
    At first, I had to complete a form about the job (it was like an interview but on paper). After that, the interviewer asked me some more questions. It was fast and easy, just about 30 minutes.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Contemporary Services Corporation (Baltimore, MD) in May 2016.

Interview

supper easy. I went in and walked out with a job. nothing to stress over. Just come in prepared and show an interest in the job and everything should go smoothly.

Interview Questions

• what would you do if a guest was being belligerent and bothering the other guests?   1 Answer