Continuum Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.2

Sort:

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Newton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Continuum (West Newton, MA) in May 2012.

Interview

There was an initial phone screen interview (30 min) and possibly another interview after that. I was then asked to complete a project which would then be presented to about 6-8 people. They gave me about 1.5 weeks to do it and they said to only spend only 4-8 hours on it however it was very clear they didn't care I spent much more. After that was presented there was another interview that involved the same people who heard my presentation however this was only 3 people. It seemed a bit silly to me to have me interview with the same people again, but they told me very directly they are interviewing other people and want to find the best person.

Interview Questions

• Nothing very difficult, but it was very mentally draining. Essentially, they dragged out the process and interviews which can become very frustrating. To me, great interviews feel like a conversation as opposed to an interrogation. This was very much them trying to get you to crack.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newton, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Continuum (Newton, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

Not coordinated very well. The process took two months and from the beginning not coordinated well. Talked to initial contact there first who then suggested I speak to more folks and then after that talked to recruiter, etc. It seems they don't know what they want long-term. I think the firm needs to coordinate better with each other and be more transparent about feedback.

Interview Questions

• No hard questions, just general interview over the phone.   Answer Question

Pay too low and title too low to see upward mobility

Anonymous Employee in West Newton, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Continuum (West Newton, MA).

Interview

Ho Hum HR team that seems sided lined by practice. The leader of Human Resources is a mix between company leader and corporate big wig. He is very nice but seems disengaged. The rest of the HR team took charge. The interview process is heavy on meeting multiple people. The culture fit is HUGE. Almost to a fault. But it is a good brand and we all know what it takes to get into a design firm. Work the system. In the end we're just focus on doing amazing design thinking. If you can do that then you go a long way in the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your portfolio in industry X   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Continuum (Newton, MA).

Interview

Vague, inconsistent, slow (i.e. 8+ weeks). They like to keep you waiting while they keep the doors open for as many applicants as possible. Overall a frustrating experience. Would be more professional and courteous to have a senior person call with offer (either given or declined) rather than a young HR person who really has no active decision role in your hiring.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Continuum (Boston, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

First round: Initial 45 min call screen with a team of strategists/designers

Second round: They request you to do an "exercise" that they suggest you spend 4-8 hours on, then present your findings during a 1 hour presentation with the team. Given the challenge (and complete ambiguity regarding the deliverables), 8 hours of prep time is a minimum. Was more like 2 full days to do the research (wanted lots of "intercepts" with customers) and prepare a presentation.

If I had to do it all over again, I would just apply to IDEO. They only ask for a 300-word maximum response to their "exercise," and have better brand credibility than Continuum. Opportunity cost of doing the exercise over going for other roles (or focusing on current job) is just too high given this wasn't even the final round, to be candid.

Interviews were remote as well - if one spends 8 hrs preparing an exercise, at least consider giving them the opportunity to present in person.

On the bright side, at least they provided feedback upon rejection, which is nice (though it was less than the 30 word minimum required for this section).

Interview Questions

• You have been approached by a "traditional"/older transportation company who is looking to improve their customer experience. What do you do?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Continuum.

Interview

Had two interviews, one on phone and one on skype since I was relocating to Boston. Phone interview was with one person and skype interview was with larger group / team. Both times I took them through my work and it was generally pretty straight forward. I never felt stressed throughout the process. Asked a lot about my experience and interest in certain aspects of the job (doing research, more strategy, etc). Really kind people and seemed genuinely interested on a personal level.

Interview Questions

• Are you also interested in strategy and research or mainly just the actual designing process?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Continuum (Boston, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

I submitted a resume, cover letter, and project description online. They got back to me within a few weeks and we were able to set up an interview over Skype after a few follow-up emails. There were two people present and they really asked me about the things I talked about in my cover letter and project description.

Interview Questions

• Can you elaborate on [insert example from cover letter]?   Answer Question

Marketing Guru Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Continuum in October 2014.

Interview

They connected with me within a week of applying and scheduled an interview right away, which was refreshing. I could tell they knew exactly what they were looking for in a candidate from the questions they asked, which was also refreshing. It felt more like a conversation than an interview in a very positive way.

Interview Questions

• Q: Three examples of recent industry marketing campaigns that I was impressed by.
      I thought this was a great question that gave me a chance to talk about my favorites and the reasons why I was impressed while demonstrating my ability to stay current on what's happening in the industry.   Answer Question

Interaction Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Continuum (Boston, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

There are three steps. The first is a phone interview and then followed by an in person group interview. If you make it past the second interview they ask you to do a project to better understand how you think as a problem solves. The project they had me do was the reimagine the restaurant ordering experience. It was a rigorous review process but it was also helpful for me to better understand what kind of company continuum is.

Interview Questions

• Q: What is it that interests you about being a designer at Continuum   1 Answer

Negotiation

They were very reasonable. I left a good job for this one so I just said for it to be worth moving I need to make x amount of dollars a year. They agreed to it and I signed the contract.

Director of Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newton, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Continuum (Newton, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

I was contacted via email by a competitive engineering firm. I first had lunch with the hiring manager.
    From there I came in to meet the same hiring manager and a few senior members of the product development team, to see if there was a fit. Next I came back and met with the COO, VP of HR and other senior team members.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about why I was interested in joining their team.   1 Answer