Continuum Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Continuum Interview Questions

Updated May 23, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Continuum (Boston, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

First round: Initial 45 min call screen with a team of strategists/designers

Second round: They request you to do an "exercise" that they suggest you spend 4-8 hours on, then present your findings during a 1 hour presentation with the team. Given the challenge (and complete ambiguity regarding the deliverables), 8 hours of prep time is a minimum. Was more like 2 full days to do the research (wanted lots of "intercepts" with customers) and prepare a presentation.

If I had to do it all over again, I would just apply to IDEO. They only ask for a 300-word maximum response to their "exercise," and have better brand credibility than Continuum. Opportunity cost of doing the exercise over going for other roles (or focusing on current job) is just too high given this wasn't even the final round, to be candid.

Interviews were remote as well - if one spends 8 hrs preparing an exercise, at least consider giving them the opportunity to present in person.

On the bright side, at least they provided feedback upon rejection, which is nice (though it was less than the 30 word minimum required for this section).

Interview Questions

• You have been approached by a "traditional"/older transportation company who is looking to improve their customer experience. What do you do?   Answer Question

Envisioner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Continuum (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online and then had a brief Skype interview with two current employees. After the interview, I followed up on two-week intervals, with some email replies from the recruiter. I really wanted the job so I tried networking with other current and past employees of the company and sending more examples of my work. Finally, after 8 weeks, I was offered a phone call by the recruiter. I assumed this was good news, but it was just to tell me that the company was not interested and that they are still looking to fill the position. During the call, I was given critical feedback about my interview which made it seem that they had made the decision not to move forward immediately afterwards. I feel they wasted my time and at this point I'm not interested in pursuing any further opportunities with them.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to do a drawing exercise ahead of the interview.   Answer Question

Interaction Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Continuum (Boston, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

There are three steps. The first is a phone interview and then followed by an in person group interview. If you make it past the second interview they ask you to do a project to better understand how you think as a problem solves. The project they had me do was the reimagine the restaurant ordering experience. It was a rigorous review process but it was also helpful for me to better understand what kind of company continuum is.

Interview Questions

• Q: What is it that interests you about being a designer at Continuum   1 Answer

Negotiation

They were very reasonable. I left a good job for this one so I just said for it to be worth moving I need to make x amount of dollars a year. They agreed to it and I signed the contract.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Continuum (Boston, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

I submitted a resume, cover letter, and project description online. They got back to me within a few weeks and we were able to set up an interview over Skype after a few follow-up emails. There were two people present and they really asked me about the things I talked about in my cover letter and project description.

Interview Questions

• Can you elaborate on [insert example from cover letter]?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Continuum (Newton, MA).

Interview

Vague, inconsistent, slow (i.e. 8+ weeks). They like to keep you waiting while they keep the doors open for as many applicants as possible. Overall a frustrating experience. Would be more professional and courteous to have a senior person call with offer (either given or declined) rather than a young HR person who really has no active decision role in your hiring.

Anonymous Employee in West Newton, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Continuum (West Newton, MA).

Interview

Ho Hum HR team that seems sided lined by practice. The leader of Human Resources is a mix between company leader and corporate big wig. He is very nice but seems disengaged. The rest of the HR team took charge. The interview process is heavy on meeting multiple people. The culture fit is HUGE. Almost to a fault. But it is a good brand and we all know what it takes to get into a design firm. Work the system. In the end we're just focus on doing amazing design thinking. If you can do that then you go a long way in the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your portfolio in industry X   1 Answer

Design Strategist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Continuum (Boston, MA).

Interview

I applied online. The process took a couple weeks: phone/Skype interview, in-person interview/panel discussion, and additional meeting. Very professional, personable but not personal, engaged and engaging in their questions. Interview process was rigorous but fair.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to review a few recent projects both professional and from school.   1 Answer

Associate Design Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Continuum (Boston, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

I first applied online and heard back over 2-months later with a generic rejection notice (they probably never looked at it). I applied a second time through a referral and was again directed to submit my application online. This time around I heard back after 6 weeks and was able to arrange a phone interview. I was interviewed by 2 strategists (both fairly young) and I could barely hear them due to the poor sound quality. The questions they asked were very generic, as well was their description on what they do. Overall they didn't seem very enthusiastic about chatting nor did I have the impression they even seriously looked at my resume or portfolio. The next day I received a generic rejection letter with no personalized thank you or anything. Overall this left me with a very poor impression of the company and their attitudes towards people. For a company that preaches how they "empathize with people" and are "people centric," they fail in upholding those values in their HR.

Director of Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newton, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Continuum (Newton, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

I was contacted via email by a competitive engineering firm. I first had lunch with the hiring manager.
    From there I came in to meet the same hiring manager and a few senior members of the product development team, to see if there was a fit. Next I came back and met with the COO, VP of HR and other senior team members.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about why I was interested in joining their team.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newton, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Continuum (Newton, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

Not coordinated very well. The process took two months and from the beginning not coordinated well. Talked to initial contact there first who then suggested I speak to more folks and then after that talked to recruiter, etc. It seems they don't know what they want long-term. I think the firm needs to coordinate better with each other and be more transparent about feedback.

Interview Questions

• No hard questions, just general interview over the phone.   Answer Question

Pay too low and title too low to see upward mobility