Conversica Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Conversica

2.3

Sort:

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Conversica.

Interview

Quickest interview process of my career. After the first call with recruiter, second call with hiring manager scheduled for next day. Very thorough and transparent on requirements, expectations and tools for success. 3 days later onsite with entire sales team for 3 hours. Honesty, transparency and teamwork made me want to join immediately. Spoke to SVP Sales over the phone day after onsite and offer letter was sent within that same week. If this is a sign to come with how Conversica works with clients, success will be guaranteed.

Interview Questions

• Previous experience, skills, territory coverage, steps to close deals   Answer Question

Technical Support Interview

Interview

There were a lot of weird curve ball questions and hypothetical/scenario questions regarding customer service.
    Be prepped to know what the company does, as they'll ask twice.
    Use examples from your past work experience to apply to the MANY scenario questions regarding customer service.
    They do an extensive background check + call all references.

Interview Questions

• Whats your biggest workplace accomplishment?   Answer Question
    • Explain the best customer service you've ever gotten   Answer Question
    • Explain the worst customer service you've gotten (Also, did you complain?)   Answer Question
    • Whats the difference between Customer Service & Customer Support?   Answer Question
    • How would you sell hot chocolate on a hot day?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellingham, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Conversica (Bellingham, WA) in September 2011.

Interview

1 year ago, I saw an ad on craigslist for a Software Developer position in downtown Bellingham. It was very cryptic and all it really said was "come down to our location and check it out!" with some other normal information. So I check it out.

When I got there, it was hard to find. It ended up being in a shady location kind of tucked away, the door would not open and there was no sign saying what to do. All I could see was a white door bell button so I pressed it. After waiting around 5 minutes, an employee came down and opened the door. Looking very confused as to why I was there. I explained the situation and the employee took me upstairs to the CEO's office.

Once in the office I introduced myself and explained that I had seen the ad on craigslist explaining to come down to the office. It seemed like he knew what I was talking about. Suddenly, I was caught off guard and we started what seemed to be an interview.

I gave the CEO my resume and was asked the normal questions about how and why I became a Developer and explained my experience and previous jobs with him. He then called in one of the other employees to ask me more technical questions.

This is where it got shady. It sounded like they wanted to give me a job. The CEO explained to me that normally they start employees off as an intern for 30 days with no pay. He said it was to make sure I fit well with the team and in the company, but at the end of the 30 days if I did not work out, I would no longer be employed. It sounded like a way to get free labor out of me. I told him I had bills to pay and could not do that. He looked pretty upset. Not only was this illegal, but as an employer he should not have even asked such a thing.

Finally after some deliberation with his colleagues, he said "Look, the best I can do is pay you a tiny bit over minimum wage for these 30 days, but after that there is no guarantee that you will have a job. Play your cards right and you should be just fine."

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was if I could work as an unpaid intern for 30 days or not.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I accepted but I was unable to negotiate. The only reason I accepted was because it was the first job I applied for that offered a interview right away. Looking back, I never should have taken the job.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Conversica in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was contact about a phone interview shortly after.

I had a 15 minute phone screening interview with a developer who only asked really easy technical questions. They said that I would hear back from them within a week.

I emailed them one week later after not hearing back, and never received a response.

Interview Questions

• How would you search for a file in unix?   1 Answer
    • What is the average lookup time in a hashtable?   1 Answer
    • Why would you pass all your variables as function parameters?   1 Answer

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellingham, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Conversica (Bellingham, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

Went in for brief first interview detailing what the job entailed. Called in for second interview which I was told was to be performed by the VP but she was "caught up in a meeting" so I was interviewed by a seemingly random person at the company. Weird vibe-she was really scripted and condescending, and if I'm being totally honest, pretty rude. She left after about 15 min. of interviewing to go "check to see if (the VP) was ready" and was gone for about 5 min., came back and was very awkwardly telling me she wasn't going to be available to come sit in. The whole experience seemed unprofessional and disorganized.

Seems like there are a lot of great benefits to this job, but the atmosphere is extremely depressing. Dim lighting, disorganized computers/desks/wires EVERYWHERE, garbage in common areas, employees using blankets, etc. Definitely seems like a place with a high turn over rate.

Interview Questions

• How do your experiences from other jobs benefit this position?   Answer Question

Customer Success Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Conversica.

Interview

Recruiter reached out after online application. Spoke with recruiter and then 2 CSM team members about the position. Second conversation was not very long and was not able to ask many questions about the company and the role. Did not receive feedback from the team about next steps.

Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Conversica.

Interview

"Explosive Growth" company = Investor cash infusion and many new senior management types with lofty titles but questionable credentials. 3 very high level people involved in my (unsuccessful) interview, and the questions were not very helpful or thought out between the 3 of them. In hind sight, their emphasis was on having been involved in a startup previously -- no idea why they think that so important, but the newly hired mucky-mucks I spoke with seemed to be stuck on that point.

Interview Questions

• Maybe you are better qualified for this other position we have open.... So let's no longer focus on why you are here for this interview, OR spend any real amount of time talking about how I am qualified about the second position.   Answer Question

Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellingham, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Conversica (Bellingham, WA) in March 2012.

Interview

2 interviews in a formal office setting. They ask what you can contribute to the company. Basic questions, easy to get hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation, they tell you what you will receive.

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellingham, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Conversica (Bellingham, WA) in March 2013.

Interview

There were a couple telephone interviews and one in-person interview. They seemed very exited about the length and breadth of my experience. In the in-person interview, there was a strange incident of someone walking past the room in obvious great emotional stress and nobody seemed concerned. I should have taken this as a warning sign and declined the offer of employment.

Interview Questions

• How many years of experience do you have?   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Conversica in June 2018.

Interview

The interview process was exactly what you would expect from a start-up without a mature hiring process. A 3rd party recruiter reached out to me via Linkedin, stating they were working with Conversica to ramp up their data science team and that they were looking to hire at all levels. I completed a phone screen and my information was passed along. After a few weeks, I was told the team had expressed interest and an interview with the Chief Scientist was scheduled. Unfortunately, my experience mirrored the other posts on glassdoor. The day of the interview, I emailed to confirm and learned that the executive I was scheduled to meet with had double booked himself, stating "I got invited for a call with the CEO". The recruitment team then passed me onto an engineer and the interview was rescheduled for the next week. The interview was a contrived python coding challenge, where I had to build a function for the look and say sequence, which was not indicative of anything one would do in any job titled Data Scientist. The interviewer mentioned multiple times he did not know enough machine learning to be able to assess my data science skills. We spent about 30 minutes on the challenge and then another 15 or so on other very general and generic questions about my past experience and projects. The whole process made it very clear they were looking for an engineer, not a data scientist. It then took several weeks to get any feedback.

Interview Questions

• Build a function that can iterate through the look and say sequence.   Answer Question