Cook Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cook Systems Interview Questions

Interviews at Cook Systems

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Cook Systems (Atlanta, GA) in January 2016.

Interview

The application process starts with an online aptitude test. It didn't have any programming questions, just word problems and puzzles to solve. After I passed that I had to download a Java tutorial and was given an assessment to see if I could pick it up on my own. It took a couple of days to complete the assessment. I didn't get done in time to make the first deadline, so had to schedule the following training class. The Java tutorial made the Java assessment straight forward. Gave me a chance to prove what I could do. Once that was complete they scheduled a Java developer to go over my code to see how I had solved the problem and make sure it was my work. Very nice people on the phone. Everyone very professional and helpful. Answered my questions about the training and position. Very excited about the opportunity. Gave me a chance even without prior experience. Seemed to go the extra mile, especially when they learned I was a veteran. Helped me build confidence in my ability.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I was willing to relocate as needed to get my career started.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sweet Home, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cook Systems (Sweet Home, OR) in January 2016.

Interview

Friendly and quick. The recruiter was nice and the process was very quick and easy but I applied close to the deadline so I felt rushed to join the course I was applying for.
    The big question you need to ask is about the contract. GET AS MAY CONTRACTS SENT PRIOR TO SIGNING THE FIRST if they dont want to give you the information then you should take that as a sign of what to expect from the company.

Interview Questions

• Had an assessment and that was basic all questions can be answered if you can answer simple pattern type questions. Then there was another assessment this time with a java code that you can make most of which with basic searching or even find the answer to if you want to take that route.   Answer Question

I declined because of what I read in the contract. Read the contract!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cook Systems (Memphis, TN) in February 2016.

Interview

1. Complete Aptitude Test (17/25 correct, moves you to step 2)

2. Complete Java Assessment (passing assessment moves you to step 3)

3. Technical Skype Interview

4. Professional/Interpersonal Skype Interview

5. Enrollment into class

Interview Questions

• import java.awt.BorderLayout;
      import java.awt.Color;

sourceList.setVisibleRowCount(newValue);
          destList.setVisibleRowCount(newValue);

public int getVisibleRowCount() {   1 Answer

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cook Systems.

Interview

Before any interviews you need to pass a logic test and then an assessment java program. The first interview is easy basically asking about yourself and skills you have (great time to show your freelancer work). The second interview is more about the job and technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Assignment is hard if you don't know the various topics but you can google it to finish the project.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cook Systems (Memphis, TN) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview intensive process that involves screening individuals for specific criteria to determine how well-suited they will be as a future software developer. Social skills, self motivation, and logical ability are tested to assure that candidates can be successful in a highly competitive environment while maintaining a professional, forward-thinking attitude.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a viable candidate at Cook Systems International?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sherwood, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cook Systems (Sherwood, AR) in July 2018.

Interview

Several things I need to bring up here about my experience....
    1) Problem solutions to secure the interview can be found in Hackerrank, since they use this to filter out candidates.
    2) If you get through the hacker rank questions, you will then do a pair programming exercise.
    3) If you do well on that....

In my experience, after the pair programming exercise, I didn't hear back from them. I tried calling the recruiting director several times and she did not return any of my calls. Is this a professional company or a big fat joke? It is usually considered polite to tell someone whether or not they are getting a offer, much less getting trained, since that's what they CLAIM they do. I find their lack of professionalism disturbing.

Interview Questions

• Write a program that finds the number of zeroes when multiplying a series of numbers (a factorial)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Linden, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cook Systems (Linden, NJ) in May 2014.

Interview

An online test. Parsing XML or similar tests, each was a little different.
    Phone call - just to get to know you, and what you expect from their training
    A skype interview. basic Java programming core language concepts.

Interview Questions

• Very basic questions: Explain what object oriented programming is? What is polymorphism? What are the types of collections in Java? What is your programming experience? What are some of the projects you've completed (professionally or in school)?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cook Systems (Memphis, TN) in August 2016.

Interview

First completed an online aptitude test which was multiple choice
    Then wrote a small program for skills assessment which saved a shopping cart
    Then had two individual skype interviews
    Then took an EQ test and was admitted into the FastTrack'd program

Interview Questions

• What is your background with software development and/or computer science?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cook Systems in September 2016.

Interview

Three Rounds of interviews first a 30 min quiz, then a programming challenge and then a had a skype interview just to go over the job and get to better know the company.

Interview Questions

• Had you do 30 min quiz mostly of logical questions. After created a quick java program with some XML.   Answer Question

Desktop Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cook Systems (Nashville, TN) in March 2018.

Interview

I was contacted through email. Then we set up a phone interview. We spoke about the job and my resume. He submitted me to the customer and then I had a phone interview with them. Then I got an in person interview and the representative from Cook met me at the customer location and walked me in to the customer interview. I got the job and it went well.