Copper Mountain Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Copper Mountain

2.2

Sort:

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Copper Mountain.

Interview

Called in for first interview with supervisor, called in the next day for interview with manager. Got a call the next day after second interview to hear about outcome. They are willing to do Skype interviews.

Interview Questions

• As with most people, when you are standing in a long line at the DMV and get aggravated, what do you think could be done to make the process more efficient?   Answer Question

Interview

Submitted job application and received a call to set up an interview. The call was brief and consisted of questions regarding my teaching experience and riding skill level. Received a job offer the same week.

Interview Questions

Interview

Online application followed by a phone interview then the job offer and pre-season training

Interview Questions

• What has been your most challenging encounter and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Snowboard Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Copper Mountain, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Copper Mountain (Copper Mountain, CO) in February 2011.

Interview

Very straight forward. They lookfor your ability to understand progressions as well as ability to provide instruction for various groups.

Interview Questions

• How to handle difficult situations when they arise with difficult students.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was none, the pay structure is very straight forward

Guest Services Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Copper Mountain in December 2013.

Interview

I got a phone call and did the interview over the phone right away. It was a great experience. The person who interviewed me became my manager. General interview questions were asked. If you are outgoing, have passion for the snow, strong work ethics, ability to handle stressful situations and ready to make peoples vacations even better apply for the job!

Interview Questions

• They might ask an odd question like... If you could be any animal what would you be and why? If you had a super power what would it be and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Lift Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Copper Mountain, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Copper Mountain (Copper Mountain, CO).

Interview

Had interview right away at a job fair. Waited in line for about 15 minutes. Sat down with a lift op supervisor and talked about job details. He/she asked if this was right for me and I was hired on the spot. Did my hiring paper work right after and started later that month.

Interview Questions

• No hard questions pretty much showed interest in the job and got it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations, at the time it was $8.10 hr. take it or leave it.

Lift Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Copper Mountain, CO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Copper Mountain (Copper Mountain, CO) in October 2010.

Interview

Asked previous jobs I worked, looked into my resume, asked if I could be in charge of a team, and began the test to see if I could handle the job and how I would react to certain situations, such as how to respond to an injured guest or employee, how to contact ski patrol and what the job fully entailed.

Interview Questions

• Are you ''cool'' with shoveling a ton of snow every morning at 6am? Or, whats do you believe is the meaning to life.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I negotiated my salary. It was smooth, they wanted to originally pay me $10 p/h and I countered with $12 p/h, as I was in charge of a team of 3 others.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Copper Mountain in September 2012.

Interview

A joke. It was as unprofessional as it could get. The people hiring you look like they are trying to tell you something ( like run now). They also lie consistently. They don't mind doing that, it's part of the culture at Copper Mt. Also, has nothing to do with your previous experience its if they like you or not for whatever reason.

Event Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Copper Mountain in January 2011.

Interview

5 total interviews with various levels of management, the process was unorganized but through. Overall management paints a picture of the job that is much different from the actual job. Work / Life balance is stressed during the interview process but does not exist in salaried positions. You will also be expected to do other jobs on the Front Line on your busiest days.

Social Media Marketing Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Copper Mountain.

Interview

First I had a phone interview and was told I would hear back by the following Monday if I got a second interview. I was told I would be meeting the marketing team in person if I got the second interview. I hadn’t heard anything so I called the following Thursday and heard back a few hours later for a second interview - over Skype. I couldn’t hear anyone, or see anyone, and the two people I actually could see seemed very uninterested the entire time. They asked easy questions, however they weren’t very conversational- probably because it was over Skype. I was asked the exact same questions I was asked in my first interview. I was told I would hear back in a couple of days and then it took a week to hear back. Typical hiring process - over promising and under delivering.