Copper Mountain Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Copper Mountain Interview Questions

2.2

Lift Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Copper Mountain, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Copper Mountain (Copper Mountain, CO).

Interview

Had interview right away at a job fair. Waited in line for about 15 minutes. Sat down with a lift op supervisor and talked about job details. He/she asked if this was right for me and I was hired on the spot. Did my hiring paper work right after and started later that month.

Interview Questions

• No hard questions pretty much showed interest in the job and got it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations, at the time it was $8.10 hr. take it or leave it.

Employee Housing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Copper Mountain, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Copper Mountain (Copper Mountain, CO) in June 2014.

Interview

First had a phone interview with a few simple questions followed up by a Skype interview with more intense STAR questions. Got a call a few weeks after that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you went above and beyond   Answer Question

Guest Services Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Copper Mountain in December 2013.

Interview

I got a phone call and did the interview over the phone right away. It was a great experience. The person who interviewed me became my manager. General interview questions were asked. If you are outgoing, have passion for the snow, strong work ethics, ability to handle stressful situations and ready to make peoples vacations even better apply for the job!

Interview Questions

• They might ask an odd question like... If you could be any animal what would you be and why? If you had a super power what would it be and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Copper Mountain.

Interview

Called in for first interview with supervisor, called in the next day for interview with manager. Got a call the next day after second interview to hear about outcome. They are willing to do Skype interviews.

Interview Questions

• As with most people, when you are standing in a long line at the DMV and get aggravated, what do you think could be done to make the process more efficient?   Answer Question

Interview

Online application followed by a phone interview then the job offer and pre-season training

Interview Questions

• What has been your most challenging encounter and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Copper Mountain in September 2012.

Interview

A joke. It was as unprofessional as it could get. The people hiring you look like they are trying to tell you something ( like run now). They also lie consistently. They don't mind doing that, it's part of the culture at Copper Mt. Also, has nothing to do with your previous experience its if they like you or not for whatever reason.

Lift Ticket Sales/West Village Gear Check Interview

Anonymous Employee in Copper Mountain, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Copper Mountain (Copper Mountain, CO) in December 2011.

Interview

Applied online, went to copper for an interview. Pretty standard interview questions - behavioral, customer service stuff. The interview itself took me about 30 or 45 minutes, but it was very laid back. The supervisor is very converstaional and not at all intimidating, though you can tell she's looking for the best. Just be prepared and upbeat, and show enthusiasm for the brand.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really caught me off guard or surprised me, just know your standard questions. And dress up for the interview. I wore a tie and was told it really helped me stand out.   Answer Question

Rental/Retail Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Copper Mountain, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Copper Mountain (Copper Mountain, CO) in November 2011.

Interview

Two phone interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

My salary was increased based on experience. They have a range they can pay you and if you convince them you are worth more you will get the upper end of the range.

Snowboard Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Copper Mountain, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Copper Mountain (Copper Mountain, CO) in February 2011.

Interview

Very straight forward. They lookfor your ability to understand progressions as well as ability to provide instruction for various groups.

Interview Questions

• How to handle difficult situations when they arise with difficult students.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was none, the pay structure is very straight forward

Event Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Copper Mountain in January 2011.

Interview

5 total interviews with various levels of management, the process was unorganized but through. Overall management paints a picture of the job that is much different from the actual job. Work / Life balance is stressed during the interview process but does not exist in salaried positions. You will also be expected to do other jobs on the Front Line on your busiest days.