Core Digital Media Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Core Digital Media Interview Questions

Interviews at Core Digital Media

2.5

HR Generalist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Core Digital Media.

Interview

It was a great experience and very timely! The recruiter was quick to respond to schedule next steps and answer questions. The process involved an initial phone interview with the recruiter, a longer phone interview with the hiring manager, and then a few hours for the in-person interview with the team at the office.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a situation where ______ happened and what did you do?   Answer Question

Online Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Core Digital Media (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2020.

Interview

(Applied/interviewed remotely due to COVID) Started with a recruiter screen, then a Zoom interview with two members of the team, and then an "on-site" Zoom interview. This consisted of a written test, four back to back 30 minute interviews with the last one being a technical and creative assessment. All of the people I talked with were SUPER friendly, I was nervous at first but everyone was really easy to talk to and very supportive throughout the process. The turn around was also really fast, the recruiter Sara was really helpful and responsive which was a big plus. Overall the process was quite thorough but also enjoyable - the people are genuinely really nice so it was pretty fun for me.

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Core Digital Media in February 2020.

Interview

The interview is a three step process. The recruiter was amicable, but the lead engineer was very condescending and talked down to me. It was the first time I had that experience in an interview. He spent a lot of time talking and contradicting himself.

Business Intelligence Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Core Digital Media (New York, NY).

Interview

HR got in touch with me and was very prompt and courteous on the other hand the interviewer was completely disinterested in taking the interview and lacked the capability of explaining questions properly.

He asked me questions on SQL and ETL and told me to get a pen and paper. But I was told that I'll be asked generally questions on phone instead I was asked to solve problems over the phone. If it would've been a hangout interview then it would've been understood but you cannot just ask on call a question and expect the candidate to speak out the whole SQL query and stored procedure.

And this guy was the director of BI in that company. He may be intelligent but he certainly doesn't know how to take an interview.

Interview Questions

• SQL questions on table joins, and stored procedures and how to parse data through ETL from one server database to another.   Answer Question

Digital Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Core Digital Media.

Interview

Process started with a standard phone screen, then had a 2nd call with someone on the team. The 2nd call was unusual as they gave me a verbal test over the phone. I was asked to come in for the in person interview, which took about 4 hours. The last panel of the interview was with 2 team members and spent an hour going through marketing/ creative thinking questions. On top of that, they also had me do a written test. A week later, they tell me the interview went well but there's some new details of the role they want to discuss over the phone. Everything they told me about the role was perfect for my skill set, the call was very positive and it seemed promising that I'd get an offer. Received no response for a week and a half, then I finally get an email saying the decision maker was back from vacation and I would get an answer that day. Of course I didn't, and continued to follow up but never received a response. 3 weeks later, I receive the most generic rejection email from their no-reply email address, they didn't even have the guts to email me themselves.

This is the most disrespected I've ever felt in an interview process. After THREE tests and stringing me along for 2 months, they couldn't even send me a no themselves or provide a reason behind the rejection? What an insane waste of my time and money (I had to take an unpaid day off work for the interview). Why would they bother with the follow up call after the in persons as well? I don't understand why these companies think they can treat people like dirt and use them as a tool, but that's not a company I'd want to work for anyways. Future applicants, stay far away from this interview process unless you want to waste your time and be treated very unprofessionally.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Core Digital Media.

Interview

I had a phone call with the HR. He only went over my resume and asked me basic questions regarding my previous experiences. However, the whole interview process felt rushed and the HR seemed uninterested in my background.

Interview Questions

Interview

Phone interview focused on JavaScript fundamentals & React composition
    Onsite interview was more of the same, whiteboarding, and CSS-related questions
    Onsite included five rounds of interviews from dev to managers up to VP of Engineering.

Interview Questions

• Tell me every CSS layout position and what the differences are between them.   Answer Question

Media Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Core Digital Media (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Had a phone screen with the HR director. Standard review of my resume. Told me that he would love to get me on the phone with the hiring manager and a few days later reached out to see what my availability was. Sent this over to him, and never heard back. I followed up several times to see if the hiring manager was still interested in speaking with me, and still never heard back. Not very professional.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Core Digital Media.

Interview

The recruiter (a "senior" recruiter) didn't read the resume before the phone interview. He seem surprise. I basically has to repeat my resume back to him during the interview and nothing else.
    After the phone interview, he stop answering email. All I wanted was a notice on the application status to see if we're moving forward or not. I emailed him twice and got 0 replies. What kind of recruiter behave like that? I dont know about the company culture, but the recruiting process throw a huge red flag

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Core Digital Media (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online, reached out to someone on the team, then 2 over the phone interviews before an in person, 5 person interview. Great experience all around, thought provoking and fair questions.