Corner Bakery Cafe Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Corner Bakery Cafe Interview Questions

Updated May 19, 2017

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Henderson, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Corner Bakery Cafe (Henderson, NV) in May 2017.

Interview

Got an email asking to schedule an interview. I scheduled and went in. It was very simple, they asked if I brought my resume and then the interview began. I was asked the below questions.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Corner Bakery Cafe (New York, NY).

Interview

Very simple. The interviewer/co-owner was very sweet. They had three different location (unfortunate the one I was in closed out) I was sent to train right after my interview. Everything was very quick and simple.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Wasted my time. Called me in for a second interview for later in the same day, and then called me 30 minutes later to say no we don't need you.

Catering Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Longview, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Corner Bakery Cafe (Longview, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

I met with a couple of the managers. They were extremely nice and they made the entire process very easy. The first manager I met was when I went to pick up the application. After I filled it out, I went to drop it off and met the second one. Within a couple days I received a phone call for an interview. The interview was amazing, the manager did not make me feel uncomfortable at all. Needless to say I got the job. So far, it's been great working here.

Catering/Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Corner Bakery Cafe (Plano, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

I arrived 15 minutes early and the GM was able to get to my right away. He went over the responsibilities of the position and what he needed from me. Asked me a few questions, mostly about why I was applying and what my goals were. I am new to the restaurant industry and coming to it late, so I felt like I needed to explain why I was applying. The interview went very well and than I think I surprised him by asking to see the kitchen/work area. I wanted to see the environment that I would be working in and get a quick glance at what goes on behind the scenes. After the quick tour and a few questions we went back out to the front and he basically offered me the job. I asked for a day or two before I needed to answer just so that I could work out the logistics of the hours (starting at 5 AM) with taking care of my two teenage sons and my ex wife. He seemed to understand and appreciate my point of view. One question that I did ask was about the pooling of delivery tips as it was a concern that someone had posted on this site. His answer satisfied me.

Interview Questions

• What are your goals for this job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Flowood, MS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Corner Bakery Cafe (Flowood, MS).

Interview

I found out they were hiring through a friend so I applied online. Then I went in person and told a manager I was interested in a position. He scheduled me for an interview that weekend. I met with the general manager and he asked me a couple of basic questions, didn't even really read my resume. He hired me in the spot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I had done my research on what the average hourly pay was so I knew what to ask for. I asked a little high despite not having experience. The manager agreed to give me my asking pay.

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Corner Bakery Cafe (Pasadena, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process was really relaxed. The manager I spoke with was very easy to talk too. Asked basic interview questions, such as customer service scenarios, your availability, comfort working long hours, things of that nature.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a customer experience that you've dealt with that was bad.
      Why do you want to work for us?
      What experience do you have in customer service?
      1 Answer

FOH Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Corner Bakery Cafe (Irvine, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

applied online..called to check they said they would check their ADP next week. I waited for 2 weeks and then i just went to the cafe and to my surprise they took my interview and hired me. It was a good interview.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Corner Bakery Cafe.

Interview

Applied online. Took a couple months to contact me for an interview. I went in and sat where all the people were eating, which wasn't the best place for an interview because I could barely hear him. After the interview he told me to call him in a week if he didn't contact me by then. A week goes by and I called, he told me he was busy and said he'd call back later. I never heard from him.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Corner Bakery Cafe (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

It was pretty casual. There was actually a miscommunication in the location I was supposed to go. But they enjoyed my personality so I ended up getting hired there. I applied online and got a call the next day.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work there   1 Answer