Corner Bakery Cafe Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 15, 2017

1.8

Back of the House Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brea, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Corner Bakery Cafe (Brea, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview process was rather easy. It was my second interview ever and I actually felt very comfortable. The interviewer made me feel at ease and the whole atmosphere of it was just very calm.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to work here?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Interview

Probably one of the easiest interviews you could possibly have. They just ask about your personality and availability. They hire just about anyone as long as you can put a sentence together.

Anonymous Employee in Henderson, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Corner Bakery Cafe (Henderson, NV) in May 2017.

Interview

Got an email asking to schedule an interview. I scheduled and went in. It was very simple, they asked if I brought my resume and then the interview began. I was asked the below questions.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Corner Bakery Cafe (New York, NY).

Interview

Very simple. The interviewer/co-owner was very sweet. They had three different location (unfortunate the one I was in closed out) I was sent to train right after my interview. Everything was very quick and simple.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Wasted my time. Called me in for a second interview for later in the same day, and then called me 30 minutes later to say no we don't need you.

Expo Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hacienda Heights, Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Corner Bakery Cafe (Hacienda Heights, Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I was interview by two different managers the first one was clearly distracted and kept looking around then, interrupted me while I was talking to talk to someone else, twice. I'm sure she just passed me on to the next manager out of pity. The second manager was more enthusiastic and engaging.

Catering Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Longview, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Corner Bakery Cafe (Longview, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

I met with a couple of the managers. They were extremely nice and they made the entire process very easy. The first manager I met was when I went to pick up the application. After I filled it out, I went to drop it off and met the second one. Within a couple days I received a phone call for an interview. The interview was amazing, the manager did not make me feel uncomfortable at all. Needless to say I got the job. So far, it's been great working here.

Catering/Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Corner Bakery Cafe (Plano, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

I arrived 15 minutes early and the GM was able to get to my right away. He went over the responsibilities of the position and what he needed from me. Asked me a few questions, mostly about why I was applying and what my goals were. I am new to the restaurant industry and coming to it late, so I felt like I needed to explain why I was applying. The interview went very well and than I think I surprised him by asking to see the kitchen/work area. I wanted to see the environment that I would be working in and get a quick glance at what goes on behind the scenes. After the quick tour and a few questions we went back out to the front and he basically offered me the job. I asked for a day or two before I needed to answer just so that I could work out the logistics of the hours (starting at 5 AM) with taking care of my two teenage sons and my ex wife. He seemed to understand and appreciate my point of view. One question that I did ask was about the pooling of delivery tips as it was a concern that someone had posted on this site. His answer satisfied me.

Interview Questions

• What are your goals for this job?   1 Answer

Caterer Interview

Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Corner Bakery Cafe (The Woodlands, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Quick sit down review of resume.
    Manager tell you about the company and asks simple questions regarding experience and availability .
    One on one during a busy day .
    Easy as pie.

Cashier/Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Corner Bakery Cafe (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2016.

Interview

Pretty straight forward and casual. Standard questions about pay, shift availability, ability to perform job functions, start date, etc. Offered me the job, then offered a free meal once everything was said and done.

Interview Questions

• Asked what I'd be comfortable being paid, then offered me a salary amount.   Answer Question