Cornerstone Healthcare Group Interview Questions

Updated May 10, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 8 of over 8 interviews

2.3
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cornerstone Healthcare Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cornerstone Healthcare Group (Houston, TX) in Apr 2021

Interview

the interview was two step and on the phone. second step was with the nursing manager and was more detailed. the first lady called me to set second interview was very friendly, told me about the facility and set the second one with the manager.

Interview Questions
  • Could you tell me about yourself?
    Answer Question
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Cornerstone Healthcare Group

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cornerstone Healthcare Group

Interview

Laid back interview with Nurse Leader. Most questions were about nursing background. Skills were also discussed. The human resource person came in toward end of interview to discuss pay and benefits. Offer was extended at time of interview. Counter offered pay. Offer accepted.

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful

Cornerstone Healthcare Group

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Cornerstone Healthcare Group in Jan 2017

Interview

Couple of interviews with non-skilled interviewers. Asked the basic questions you would expect. It was very easy and required little preparation. Just go in there and be prepared to talk about yourself and you should be good.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cornerstone Healthcare Group (Dallas, TX) in Jan 2016

Interview

Initial phone screen with Talent Manager, who asked high level questions as a way to feel me out before coming in for the one on one. Once on site, spoke with several leaders and discussed ongoing business pains. Reviewed past successes and challenges with previous employers and discussed how my skillset matched with the current needs. Was given initial offer, negotiated back and forth and then accpeted. Took drug test and offered information for background check.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cornerstone Healthcare Group (Houston, TX) in Aug 2015

Interview

The interview was fairly easy. HR was talking with me the whole way through the new hire process. They stay in constant contact with you to make sure that you were up to speed.

Interview Questions
4 people found this interview helpful

Cornerstone Healthcare Group

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cornerstone Healthcare Group

Interview

Resume and Application was submitted online. Return call and interview happened quickly. I will say that other people have not had the same experience and have waited longer. Be sure to negotiate your rate, you may find they are willing to go to a level you can accept.

Interview Questions
  • How would you deal with a physician who is being rude/difficult when paged ?
6 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cornerstone Healthcare Group (Dallas, TX) in Jan 2013

Interview

I applied to CHG by responding to an internet job posting on Careerbuilder in late 2012. I was called for a phone interview by the HR Recruiter who I really liked and enjoyed speaking with. She was very informative and detailed in the information she gave. I was scheduled for an in-person interview with the HR Recruiter. I don't remember now the exact order but I did 2 in-person interviews and met with both group Controllers, the CFO and 2 Senior Accountants. I was also asked during my 2nd interview with the CFO and Corporate Controller if I knew the accounting equation! At the surprised look on my face, the Controller said "you'd be surprised that people don't know the answer to that". I guess I would be because not only is it elementary but why on Earth is it being asked of experienced professionals anyway? And it's also the kind of thing one who's been out of school for awhile could easily draw a blank on initially. I was told that they wanted to make me an offer after the 2nd interview but the CFO wanted me to make yet a 3rd trip to take an accounting test! I was fortunate that I worked a short distance from their office at the time so it wasn't a long trip but it was downtown and I took public transportation to work so I would have to leave work and take a different bus to their office and then leave their office and take a bus home, all of which took some thorough planning to make sure I took the right buses! I was a little disconcerted by this and insulted at having to take the accounting test, as I am by any company that requires one. If the job posting requires that the candidate have a certain number of years accounting experience and a degree (mine is in accounting and was verified) and you verify that they have the requisite experience and education, why can't it be reasonably expected that the person can do the job you're hiring them for? That, to me, indicates you have zero confidence in your own hiring abilities and you've made dumb hiring decisions in the past (I later found out I was correct in this assumption)...but I digress. I was asked some basic accounting questions that I now don't recall but were along the lines of what you'd learn in an introductory accounting class. The most time consuming part of the test required that I use some printouts from the program that they use (HMS--the suckiest program on the planet!) of the general ledger and from the variance analysis spreadsheet that they use for 2 different facilities to analyze the variances. I did this with relative ease since I had several years experience doing expense analysis anyway (which was also required and verified *sigh*). All of this took about 2 hours or more and I ended up leaving after dark. I didn't appreciate waiting alone for the bus in the dark in a part of downtown Dallas that I wasn't familiar with for over 20 minutes because it was after normal "rush" hours for the bus.

Interview Questions
  • What's the accounting equation? It wasn't difficult but it was unexpected and resulted in me having to ponder for several seconds to recall the information to mind
4 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cornerstone Healthcare Group (Houston, TX) in Feb 2012

Interview

information was given to multiple layers within the company and the final interview was done by employees I would be working with

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful
RSS Feed</>Embed