Counterpart International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Counterpart International Interview Questions

2.6

Business Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Counterpart International (Washington, DC) in July 2016.

Interview

I had a screening interview with a recruiter, a written test, and another interview with the development team. I then was told I was moving forward with a second interview with management and to prepare a 15 minute presentation about a hypothetical project. However, despite being told I would be contacted the following week to set up a time to present, they never contacted me again. I emailed all the contacts I had been given (three by that point) several weeks later, and no one bothered to even return the emails. I could not believe how unprofessional and inconsiderate this hiring team was, and would absolutely never work for this organization or recommend that someone waste their time interviewing with them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Counterpart International (Arlington, VA).

Interview

Because of a change in Executive Management, I had two different stages of an interview with two different hiring managers. The HR totally ignored me and all interviews that I eventually had were the result of my contacting the hiring manager (s) directly. One hiring manager left the organization during the interview process; hence, the two stage and several month interview process. Given the transition, it seemed to me that the organization was not clear as to what they wanted/needed in the position that I was applying for.

Interview Questions

Counterpart International Response

Jun 6, 2016 – Director, Global Recruitment

Thank you so much for your feedback, and we regret that you had a negative experience. HR works very closely with the hiring managers, so we're very concerned about your experience--and we're ... More

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Counterpart International (Arlington, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online and received invite for an interview 2 weeks later. Due to schedules interview was scheduled much later. Very flexible and offered to do a Skype interview since I wasn't living in the area (although I was willing to travel for the interview). Asked general/predictable questions about my qualifications for the job. Interviewers were not highly practiced but personable and made me feel comfortable with the company. Heard back within 2 business days and started the next week.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Counterpart International (Arlington, VA) in March 2012.

Interview

I applied through the online system. I had one interview with two manager-level people who vetted me more for technical knowledge, and then a second interview with the program officers/assistants and the team director that seemed to be more about personality meshing. I heard back within a week that I had gotten the job and I started right away.

Interview Questions

• Interview was focused on international development knowledge, language abilities, career aspirations - this was for an internship after all.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was an intern position, so there was no negotiation.

Senior Program Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Counterpart International (Arlington, VA) in September 2011.

Interview

My resume was submitted for a grant proposal. After it was accepted, I was interviewed by phone by the business development team and group manager. The process was mainly a formality. About a month later I was contacted and given hiring information. They never requested an in-person meeting before asking me to sign a commitment letter, which I thought was odd.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Due to the low offer, I let them know I would need work 10 hours a week outside the office.

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Counterpart International (Arlington, VA) in February 2011.

Interview

only one interview and no phone screening !!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

nothing.

Program Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Counterpart International (Arlington, VA) in January 2009.

Interview

2 months long, interrupted and then re-started before finally being hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

What is your bottom line...It's not about your experience, it's about the position you've applied for and the compensation linked to that position...Take it or leave it.

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Counterpart International.

Interview

I first interviewed with the HR person in the field and then the COP. Both interviews went really well. Then I had a phone interview with the home office, which I also thought went well. I sent thank-you emails every time, followed up with the home office, and never heard back from them. Not even a form letter saying "thanks for your interest; we decided to go with someone else."

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness? Why do you want this job?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Counterpart International in April 2016.

Interview

Negative experince, bulish discussion, all with the end agenda to make me lower my salary expectations.

Off course I decline there offers.

A place to be avoided in the future!

Lack of seriousness in there preparation for the interview, no previous background checks not even an eye drop on my CV and qualifications.
    Only one terrible issue : my wage demands!

Interview Questions

• Why I have such high salary expectations?   1 Answer

Uncompetitive financial offer in the context of the position requirements

Program Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Counterpart International in March 2010.

Interview

Overall the interview process was good. Professional and the impression the interviewers gave was positive.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No room for negotiation at all.