Coupons.com Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Coupons.com Interview Questions

2.8

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Coupons.com (Mountain View, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

The team was unprofessional. I waited a long period of time for all interviewers due to the fact that they were late. I expected more from Coupons and from a sales team!

Sales Planner Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Coupons.com.

Interview

Many Phone Interviews, one in-person interview for many hour with multiple people. If you are really invested in getting a job at this company, then interview and I suggest going through with the process. If you have do not have time to waste, then ask them up front if you are interviewing for a role that is replacing someone and one with immediate need. Otherwise, they will put you through multiple interviews and not make an offer, because they were seeking you out (only) for the purpose of interviewing you for your skills and qualifications for a potential fit. It seems like the organization is not in order, with no strategy behind hiring people, and they are most likely to waste your time and theirs ...but it seems like they are ok with wasting their time (odd). They have posted all these positions across multiple platforms, and surely they are interviewing but not hiring. Again, I see this as a sign of not taking qualified candidates seriously but scouting them for some non-fulfillable purpose, whatever that may be. I would have liked working for this company, but after going through this "I got the job in the bag" experience, because they make you feel like that, I am not sure if I want work for an organization that makes promises (about hiring and seeking you as a qualified candidate) and then drops the ball and makes an excuse about the position. This is a sign of not taking people seriously, so can't imagine working at a place with those qualities. I will say the people I interviewed with work tremendously nice and very welcoming, along with the Recruiter. Except, many people are ex-P&G peeps, so they still thing they are Proctor and God, so watch out for those guys. Make sure you ask if the position you are interviewing for requires working with P&G brands bc I was told after my many hours interview that they are looking for someone with P&G brands experience which REALLY frustrated me bc on my resume it clearly states I have CPG experience, and not specifically P&G. I know was I was qualified for the position, very qualified, but bc I was not an ex-P&G 'er I felt thats why they turned me down. So why they wasted my time and theirs, once again, I do not know.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to answer situational and behavioral questions. Like, "what skills have you acquired in your career" "what did you do when you didn't have enough data", "what do you do in your downtime" "what would you do your first day here"   Answer Question

Associate Corporate Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Coupons.com (Mountain View, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

It was smooth. I had no troubles scheduling the interview. I was referred by an employee. I had quick screening HR round and later an onsite. I thought I had cracked the interview. They sounded positive until last moment when they told I wasnt selected.

Interview Questions

• I was generally tested on my understanding of corporate development.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Coupons.com.

Interview

I went through 3 phone interviews, 1 with the recruiter and 2 with the hiring manager, each was about 45 minutes. The first phone interview with the hiring manager was about my job experience. The second phone interview with him was a bunch of problem solving questions. I'm not sure why this couldn't have been done during the phone interview. I was then asked to come for an on-site interview. I interviewed with 5 different people. 4 of the 5 people asked me more problem solving questions and 3 of them asked me to write a SQL query. I felt like they should have planned ahead of time so they weren't all asking me the same things. The interviewers were not interested in trying to sell me on the job or the company, they only wanted to quiz me. I was completely turned off by this. None of them seemed happy or passionate about the company or what they are doing. Nobody tried to connect with me on a personal level, which was very off-putting. I was asked to come in for another on-site interview, but declined because I was not interested in working with this group.

My advice to this group: Realize that you are also being interviewed. Try to make some sort of connection with the interviewee because you want to find someone you'll enjoy working with and seeing every day. Try to coordinate better. People who are interviewing are usually taking time off their current job to jump on the phone with you and taking half a day to come for on-site interviews. It would be nice if you respected this and tried to use the interviewee's time more efficiently.

Interview Questions

• Write a SQL query.
      Given the online customer funnel, choose a section and discuss how you could increase conversions.
      Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Coupons.com.

Interview

The position was a Data Science Internship at Coupons. The process consisted of an initial phone screen which was pretty straightforward. There were no questions asked except for the preliminary salary expectations and explaining the process to follow. A week and a half later it was followed up with a technical interview with one of the senior data scientists at the firm. The technical interview was pretty simple with some brain teasers and probability based questions. There was also a small dataset that was given to provide some insight or findings using R, SAS or excel. Then a week later the onsite interview happened at Mason. It was a pretty good experience talking to 3 members of the strategy team at Mason. There was nothing much technical in this round, it was just about deciphering the fit to the team. The bad thing about this process was the recruiters' involvement in the process. They took an exorbitant amount of time to communicate things to the candidates involved. Sometimes they did not even bother to communicate results. Often people had to call them twice or thrice to get to know their results. They did not care to give formal feedback to candidates who were not selected, sometimes even when they had told that they would send a detailed feedback mail to the candidates not selected. They seemed to lack professionalism even while handling a very small pool of candidates - around 8 people totally for filling 2 positions. The process would have been much better if the recruiters had been much more involved with the candidates. The overall experience was bad because of only this factor.

Interview Questions

• If there is a probability distribution function in the shape of a boat and it were sampled a large number of times, what would be the resulting distribution look like? And why?   Answer Question

Content Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Coupons.com (Mountain View, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process took a little over one month. I was contacted about a week after I applied online by an HR representative who conducted a phone screen and routed me on to a phone interview with the department manager. After the interview with the department manager I was invited onsite for interviews with five different people the position would be working with, including the department manager. I was then asked to complete an editorial assignment over the weekend. It took about a week and a half to hear back with an offer.

All in all I was highly impressed with the two HR representatives I had contact with. Both were professional and helpful. The managers I interviewed with onsite were also very professional and extremely friendly. I had a great time chatting with them about the position's goals, and everyone was very enthusiastic and passionate about what they do at Coupons.com.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about the Coupons.com online magazine The Good Stuff? What would you change?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Coupons.com (San Jose, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Process was very quick and easy. Hr interview, hiring manager interview, references etc. Very informal dress and composure. The interviewer was very knowledgeable about the company and had a good understanding of the job and expectations. The company is a new public company and I had questions regarding the overall performance of the company. She was helpful and responsive. The interview process was clearly defined and I knew what to expect.

Interview Questions

• What is your best leadership skill   1 Answer

Corporate Development Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Coupons.com in May 2015.

Interview

I Applied online for a corporate development internship and got an email the next day to schedule a phone screen with the recruiter. The day of the phone screen I got an email, ~30 mins prior to the appointed time, telling me they would have to reschedule it for the next week.

So next week, on the appointed time I waited for the call, but no one called. 30 minutes later I emailed the recruiter, and it turns out they had an emergency they had to deal with. No problem. She then tells me to send her my availability for the next week. After I sent her my availability, I never get a response back. I then send a confirmation email a few days later asking if she got my email/if the interview was still happening. No response.

The recruiter could have at least responded to my email to tell me they were no longer interested in doing an interview, instead of wasting my time...

Full Stack Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Coupons.com (San Jose, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

2 phone screen 1 onsite. First phone screen is talking with hr about the background. Second phone screen is talking with the manager about algorithm questions and technical skills. The last onsite is meeting the group one by one with 1-2 questions per person.

Data Mart Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Coupons.com (San Jose, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Had a HR/Recruiter round and a technical phone round. Though the position I applied for was datamart engineer, all the questions were asked from a SQL server developer/DB developer/DBA perspective. They needed someone with a mix of both data mart experience and DBA experience. This information was not included in the job description, but was told over the phone during the technical round.

Interview Questions

• What are the things you will check if the sproc is running slowly? What are transactions? What are deadlocks?   Answer Question
    • What is Dynamic sql and do you prefer it? What are the problems with it? What are different types of joins? What are query hints?   Answer Question
    • Tell me what do you know about the execution plan in sql server   Answer Question
    • What is the significance of pipes in the execution plan?   Answer Question
    • What is the dmv to check out the health of the server?   Answer Question