Course Hero Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Course Hero Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2017

2.4

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Course Hero.

Interview

Applied online and received an email to set up a time for a phone interview with the VP of analytics. Phone interview included a few technical SQL questions. After the phone interview, I was told the next step is 4-6 hour data case study. After spending a lengthy time on the case study, I was told a week later I would not move forward. It is unfair to ask a candidate to spend personal time on a case study that early in the interview process. Felt like a huge waste of my time.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Course Hero in June 2017.

Interview

Appeared for the first round which was conducted by a senior HR manager. Very conversational. I was asked questions that test my skill level, leadership interests and my background. Over all a good experience.

Interview Questions

• What sets me apart from everyone else applying to this position.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Course Hero in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online. Initially, I received a rejection email but was later contacted by the hiring manager for a phone interview. As a second step, the HR contacted me for next step which was a take home case study challenge. I completed and submitted it online and was expecting to be given a chance to present by case study solution before any decision from the employer. But 2 days later I received a rejection email.

Interview Questions

• What data analytics project I worked on? The objective of the project and the recommendations I gave.
      Was given a case study, on the business model of Course Hero. Use A/B testing to solve the same.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Course Hero (Redwood City, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I had a phone screening with the hiring manager focusing on work experience, career goals and SQL skills. This was followed by an interesting case study that tested our understanding of the business model and had a case defense video interview to present our findings. The on site interview was well designed to focus on problem solving abilities, something I work on daily now. Overall, the interview was very positive and different from the usual interview style. I have worked here for almost a month now, and I cannot be more happy with the type of work and the excellent company culture.

Interview Questions

• What data points helped you drive towards a business recommendation?   Answer Question

Tutor Operations Lead Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Course Hero.

Interview

An offer was made and accepted before I had a chance to interview. Totally normal, however they failed to let me know, so I still prepped & took time out of my workday for the hour long scheduled phone interview. I received a call 15 minutes after the scheduled call, only after reaching back out to ask if it was still taking place. Obviously we're all human, but errors like hat flag operational disorganization IMO, especially for a candidate that was sourced. I imagine decent candidate experience is a top of the priority for recruiting teams and companies in general, so this felt like a potential red flag worth sharing.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Course Hero (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was smooth. The recruiter was friendly and the manager that did the technical screening was alright. The interview question about string parsing was really easy except there were some technical hiccups with the online coding tool which made the interview process not so smooth and threw me off in the interview a bit and made me unnecessarily nervous.

Director Content Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Course Hero (Redwood City, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me, extremely excited about my experience. I looked at the company website, and while I was intrigued, I could see the challenges they face. I also saw a website that has a lot of rather obvious UI/UX issues. When you're in content, UI/UX is really important. I didn't want to get into a situation where a company was married to old-school design and navigation. (Centered text. Really?) The interview went poorly (I was a bit ill, and the CMO seemed to want different answers to his Qs). Obviously, I didn't get an offer. It's now 3 months later, and position still not filled. I hope they find someone--Course Hero could be a much stronger asset to students/universities.

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Course Hero (Redwood City, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online, had phone interviews with HR and hiring manager separately and I could already tell this company had great culture from the two initial conversations. I finished a case study, got a chance to talk to several people from the team during a video interview which was not tedious at all - several pretty inspiring case interviews and a quick presentation on the case study. The team gave me great feedback during the interviews and I really appreciated that. I was then invited to an onsite interview and was able talk to multiple PMs, executives... Great culture in the company, best work-life balance ever seen.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if the conversion rate dropped in the past week?   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Course Hero (Redwood City, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

My experience with Course Hero was one of the best interview experiences I had. The whole process (including Thanksgiving break) took three weeks which encompassed the initial phone screen, phone interview, beam (video interview), and on-site. The communication was quick and I knew exactly what to expect. Questions were not out of the blue but were targeted to see if I would be a good fit with the role and the company. Overall, it was a positive experience interviewing with people who cared a lot about its candidates and making sure each and every one of us felt valued.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Course Hero.

Interview

Online judge to do some problems. The problem is really easy and passed all of the test cases in about half of the time. And I have also considered some of the corner cases and I think I can pass them all. And three weeks later, got a reject and dont't know why.

Interview Questions

• given a binary tree and a value, determine whether one of the nodes in the tree has the given value.   1 Answer