Cowen Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cowen Interview Questions

Interviews at Cowen

2.9

Interview

There are very nice people at this firm who want to see you succeed. The turnaround time between rounds was a little long (around 3 weeks). Asides from that, the interviewing process is a little bit longer than other banks. Overall, it was a pleasant experience.

Internship Interview

Interview

Positive and relaxed! They really care about personality and fit at Cowen. They are one of the best (if not the best) investment banking firm I know of, and I would be incredibly proud to work there.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cowen (Detroit, MI).

Interview

The process is very smooth, there were no technical questions, which is weird because the email mentioned that they will test my technical knowledge . Mostly, it was me asking the associate questions. I thought the conversation was great an d the interviewer is nice.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cowen (New York, NY) in April 2020.

Interview

Typical technicals, focus on behavorial questions with an emphasis on the results of what you've done. I would prepare the technicals as you would for any investment bank. Two rounds of phone screens followed by an in-person superday in their offices.

Interview Questions

• Biggest accomplishment, biggest failure, how do you communicate effectively.   Answer Question
    • Walk me through a DCF, why is equity more expensive than debt, etc.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cowen.

Interview

Final round interview was an evening interview. All behavioral and lasted around 3-4 hours, Took place in their New York City Office. You have your own interview room and the interviewers rotate in and out.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cowen.

Interview

Easy Behavioral and Simple Technical Questions. If you study the guides you can easily make your way through the technical portion of the interview/superday. You really want to be in banking to pass the behavioral part and really have a true interest in finance.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cowen (New York, NY) in August 2019.

Interview

Long and thorough. They took the time to get to know me as a person before hiring me. Also got to speak to a lot of higher up management. Not like a typical interview process.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cowen (New York, NY).

Interview

Straight-forward casual conversation about prior roles and my approach to accepting a new role at Cowen. Did not require special preparation beyond what my applicable experience had already prepared me for.

Interview Questions

• Provide overview of experience and how it relates to new role.   1 Answer

Equity Research Associate Interview

Interview

Application went through the company website. Got back to me very quickly. Very brief phone interview with the prospective team which served as a screen. Very laid back and easygoing.

Equity Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cowen (New York, NY) in January 2019.

Interview

Was in contact with the head of HR for multiple months. She finally reached back out to me mid December to schedule interviews. The interview options were all over my school's winter break so that they wouldn't have to fly you in.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a good fit here?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to do equity research?   1 Answer