Crane Worldwide Logistics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 1, 2017

2.2

LDP Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Crane Worldwide Logistics (Houston, TX).

Interview

Crane originally came to my university where I first interviewed. The guy who interviewed me was nice and made me more excited about the potential position. I made it to the "top 10" who got to interview in Houston, TX. I was surprised that they didn't pay for us to have a dinner the night we got in, but I bought food in the hotel on my own. The next day, they had interviews where you interview with multiple people. The facility was really nice and the culture was great. Half of the interviews were just mostly talking to you, nothing difficult. The other half were a mix of generic interview questions, nothing to be worried about. The most difficult interview was with the main guy in charge. Two things about the company that I was surprised about were the people and the salary. First, the salary is REALLY low. It seems like "OK" money until you realize that you have to pay a lot of the housing costs ~$700-$800/month. I think it put the salary down to mid-upper 30's. Next thing was how boring the people were at the facility. I was so surprised at this. I only talked to one person who had a sense of humor. They even put us with other LDP's to tour the facility and I was shocked, they were so bland. I can't stress this enough. I wish I could take whoever is reading this with me to that point in my interview. Actually, the entire interview process just to prove my point here. Even the HR people weren't typical HR personality types. This is what drove me away the most were the people. The culture is awesome, but the people killed me. I was really upset about that at the end of the day because I was really excited to be there. I ended up not getting an offer even though I was THROUGHLY prepared. The other person I was with was 100% not as prepared as I was (walking about with a paper folder) and he got an offer. I had industry experience, great GPA, always been a great interviewer, knew everything about everyone in that building, and was so excited to be there. The other guy didn't even really want the position because he wanted to be with a bigger company that paid more..I genuinely wanted the position. I was honestly surprised I didn't get an offer. It worked out for the best, but do not go in expecting to get the job offer. The weeded me out because my personality; my credentials were more than great for the position.

Interview Questions

• What would your enemy say about you?
      What is a traumatic thing that happened in your life that made you you?
      How did you hear about us?   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Crane Worldwide Logistics (Houston, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

I was contacted directly by the hiring manager. Most jobs I have been contacted by HR, but with this company, the Accounting Manager emailed me for my salary requirements. After I responded, she quickly sent an email with different times that I would be willing to come in for an in person interview. Upon arriving, the facility was beautiful but I was taken to a conference room for the interview where I discussed my current position and then I was asked a series of accounting questions. The questions were mostly about intercompany and accrual based accounting questions. I do not deal with intercompany so I was not too sure how I would do but I did get them right. I was told that the following week they would narrow down the decision to about 5 candidates and they would interview with the controller. A week after that I was sent an email that another candidate was chosen.

Interview Questions

• If company A paid something for company B, how would the debits/credit appear on each of the company's GL?   Answer Question

Ocean Export Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Crane Worldwide Logistics (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

Interviewing with Crane was uneventful and pretty standard. First interview was at a restaurant where basic information was covered, about the company, the opportunity, my past experiences and what I am looking for- compensation/benefits/opportunities. Second interview was on site where specific job functions, reporting structure, and "box" interview questions were covered. I thought this was going to be a slam dunk because the initial interview exposed my salary and benefit expectations were "in the ballpark." The relationships were amicable, too. There was much to look forward to on both sides. However much to my surprise, their offer was laughable. They offered $25k less than the median of the mutually agreed upon salary range, zero time off with accrual starting on my first day, having to start paying for healthcare premiums (I currently do not), the same retirement matching as my current employer, an "insignificant" bonus pool that "shouldn't be part of your decision as it's bonus," and a 300% increase in my commute time. Not to forget, this was for a demotion. When asked what it would take to make the commitment, I countered with the high end of my range, the hiring manager hung up on me. Avoid, these people aren't serious about recruiting talent.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard "boxed" interview questions- list three strengths/weaknesses, list a time when you were required to work as a team and what was the outcome, etc.   1 Answer

Senior Ocean Export Specialist Interview

Interview

Interview was relaxed and paced nicely, Company background was discussed in depth. The interview then moved to the position, responsibilities, and opportunities within the organization. Really explained what was happening in the department and where the department was heading.

Leadership Development Program Interview

Interview

Campus recruiter visited my university several months ago to recruit for this program. Began the interview by telling me how widely popular this program is, how many schools he is visiting, how many applicants he has, and things of that nature for a majority of the interview. Asked several basic interview questions, and just talked the rest of the time. As others said, seemed very uninterested and cold, seemed he was more looking to end the interview as quickly as possible. Ended the interview with "if you hear back in a few weeks, you will have a follow up. If you don't, assume you didn't get it." Overall, very informal and off putting.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Crane Worldwide Logistics (Glendale, AZ) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied through University website and an interview was scheduled on campus for the following week. The interview was one on one and the recruiter was very laid back. However, he seemed uninterested. I was one of the last people interviewing and he seemed to just brush me off regardless of my excellent credentials. Overall, I would say it was a negative interview experience overall.

Supply Chain Analyst--logistician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Crane Worldwide Logistics (Houston, TX).

Interview

Very relaxed interview, I was called and had a phone interview so that I understood the job, I came in for the interview and it was average but i declined because of another offer.

Interview Questions

• When was a time when I planned something that went succesfully.   Answer Question

I was offered another position and decided to take that one.

Air Export Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Crane Worldwide Logistics (Houston, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I'm on an email list that my school provides and sends out job postings to new grads. I got this posting, sent the hiring manager my resume and had in a few hours. I went to interview the next day and was hired within 20 minuets of leaving the building.

Interview Questions

• what experience do I have
      do I like freight forwarding
      what do I see myself doing
      what do I want to learn   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Crane Worldwide Logistics (Houston, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Final Interview Consisted of speaking with: Business Development Specialist, two Leadership Development Program Alumni, VP of HR, and COO. They do not inform you who you will be speaking with prior to your trip. The Leadership Development Program is designed so that you can not lay down "roots" in one city in your first year. They want someone who is willing to relocate, and they are very up front about this.

Interview Questions

• What questions do you have for me? They ALL asked me this, come up with a lot.   Answer Question

LDP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Crane Worldwide Logistics.

Interview

Recruiter came to campus and held interviews. Interviewed with him. He is very nice and makes you feel comfortable and relaxed. Not like most interviews- he just wants to get to know you. He will be able to tell if you're a fit to the company.