Createspace Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Createspace Interview Questions

3.5

Content Media Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Createspace.

Interview

They will call you to do a phone screening which will take about 10 minutes. Then you will go into the office to interview with three different people for 30 minutes each. Good luck.

Content Media Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Createspace (North Charleston, SC) in December 2014.

Interview

Interviewed by three managers back to back. Standard behavioral questions for the most part. Asked about job history and how my experience related to the position. Asked about goals for the future. Discussed what the job would entail.

Member Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Createspace (North Charleston, SC).

Interview

The position was not listed to the public by CreateSpace, you will have to start off as a temp agent through a temporary/ job placement company. You will interview with the job placement agency, and they will submit your information to the client (CreateSpace). You will then have a phone interview and start in the next training class. After training, you will start off as a temp agent until there is a permanent Member Services position is available. You will have to interview for this position. You have two attempts to become permanent or you will lose your job as a temp agent.

Interview

Interview began with staffing agency screen and then progressed to phone interview with HR manager at Creatspace.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions, and staffing agency goes over all questions they might ask   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Coordinator Interview

Interview

Long drawn out interviews. Had three interviews and all three people asked the same questions.

Design Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Createspace (North Charleston, SC) in September 2013.

Interview

Phone call then in person interview. First you have a one on one interview and when that is done, about 5 minutes after, you interview with 2 people. Do not be distracted by their constant typing.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you didn't meet a deadline?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't one.

Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Createspace (Charleston, SC) in October 2012.

Interview

Was contacted by recruiter initially through linked In who didn't do any pre-screening. Recruiter set up a phone interview with someone from createspace that I would be working with, but didn't provide much details as to what the interview would entail other than to be near a computer. Interviewer called promptly and asked some normal questions about background and difficult experiences, then asked some more technical questions about programming and finally asked me to sign on to a collaborative programming website to write some code.

Interview Questions

• asked me to sign on to a collaborative programming website to write some Java code that would tell if a given word was a palindrome.   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Createspace (North Charleston, SC) in June 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter via LinkedIn. I was setup for a telephone interview. The person called me at the prescribed time. She asked me the most "canned" HR questions, such who was my most difficult employee, what was my best feature, etc. I was frankly very surprised by the lack of imagination in a company that is owned by Amazon. She acted very offended by my question about the salary toward the end of the interview. It has been a long time since I have had such a bad interview. She was most definitely not experienced in current interview approaches, especially for a phone interview. She did not have a copy of my resume either. Really bad form.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Createspace (North Charleston, SC) in January 2012.

Interview

Brief telephone interview with HR representative, hour-long probing telephone interview with hiring manager (see interview questions for definition of probing), 1/2 day of in-house interviews including some one-on-one, some two-on-one, and one gang interview over lunch with the team I was to manage.
    Be prepared to expand on and explain and defend any answer you provide. Don't be afraid to say, "Let me take a minute to think of a good example of that," so you don't give an example that won't have enough information for 5 minutes of follow-up questions - or one that you weren't at least partially responsible for the success yourself.
    They are hiring for leadership principles, no matter what job you are applying for. Probe your past for examples where you were the leader or exhibited leadership values - doesn't have to be work-related, could be a committee you were on, an event on the playground, a team-project in college. If you don't have examples of instances where you exhibited success in leadership, this is not the right company for you. Take my word for it. You will constantly be measured and evaluated based on a list of leadership principles that will drive you crazy.
    Not everyone is a leader - it doesn't make you a bad person or a bad employee - but it doesn't make you successful at Createspace. If you have to, go through the interview process for the experience of it, and if it's offered, take the job. But keep looking for something else before the first evaluation period starts -- they are every 6 months -- by the time the 12 month evals begin, you'll be ready to leave.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you recognized a problem and resolved it. How long did it take to recognize the problem, come up with a plan to resolve it, and resolve it? Who else was involved? What was your involvement versus the other participants? How did you publicize the problem and solution to others in the company? How did you evaluate whether the solution was a success? (Questions asked following each of my answers in a 'probing for more information' manner.)   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where a customer was dissatisfied and you were able to help them with their problem and retain them as a client. (Further questions asked after I responded in a 'probing for more information' manner until the discussion regarding this topic was exhausted.)   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a case from your past work experience where you had a problem with an employee and needed to resolve it. How did you resolve the problem? How did the employee respond? What further action was required? Who else was involved? How much of a decision-maker were you with this issue? (Probe, probe, probe.)   Answer Question

CSA Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Createspace in December 2011.

Interview

The interview was through a temp agency so it was not a very in-depth interview by the actual company themselves. The interviews were very intense when applying for full time position after your temp was complete.

Interview Questions

• Describe a past time when you and a manager did not get along. What did you do?   Answer Question