Criteo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Criteo Interview Questions

Updated Sep 18, 2018

3.2

Contractor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Criteo in August 2013.

Interview

Talent Manager was super charming and did a great job of selling the position/company. She also provided a very clear picture of what I'd be walking into. The rest of the interview panel had a good understanding of my background without me having to tell too much - it was clear they knew the industry/function well.

Interview Questions

• it may sound silly but the MD asked me "Why Criteo? why should we hire you?" and I was caught a bit off guard.   Answer Question

Negotiation

got what I asked for right off the bat

Aug 16, 2014 – HR Director, North America

Hi - thank you for your feedback! Glad you had a smooth and positive interview experience, we've been putting a lot of attention into making sure that all candidates have an experience similar to... More

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Criteo (Boston, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

1 phone screen with the recruiter about interest in sales, 1 skype interview (2 dif people) digging into personality and traits/skills, Analytics Assessment that measured ability to compute very simple equaltions, Final mock pitch interview with 4-5 people in the room asking questions

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Criteo (Boston, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

There were 4 steps in this process in the following order: a phone screen, an online aptitude test, an in-person interview and an in-person mock sales pitch. Overall, the process was manageable and the person I interviewed with first on the phone screen helped me out throughout the entire process which was a big plus. Looking forward to starting my career here!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Criteo?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Criteo (Boston, MA).

Interview

Initial phone calls w recruiter (Tess was incredibly helpful throughout the interview process). Online test (easy if you look over the material beforehand). Interview with two Criteo employees. Flown out to Boston for a presentation. Pitch the Criteo product to 5 employees. Incredibly difficult last round.

Interview Questions

• Interrupt you during the Presentation... they asked me to calculate numbers that I was not told I would need to know a formula for.   Answer Question

Associate Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Criteo.

Interview

I was referred by a current employee.

I began talking to recruiter in January. Formal interview process began in March. I had a phone interview, took their analytical test, and had an "in person interview" via video conference call due to distance. All interviews went really well, I was highly interested in the position! After video interview I was asked to send my availability to fly to Boston to do a sales pitch.

I followed up to thank those that interviewed me, asked a few questions, and sent my availability. They gave me a date that I would hear back about when i needed to come to Boston, when I didn't hear on that day I emailed the recruiter I had been working with. When I didn't hear after a few days I emailed again and called the office.

I never heard from recruiter or anyone else in the company after that.

Terrible communication and extremely unprofessional!

Interview Questions

• They ask you to take an analytical test to see how your skills fit the company.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Criteo (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

First a phone call with a hiring manager, then an analytical test on different digital marketing terms and metrics. They give you plenty of material to prepare for the test, can only really see it being difficult for someone not comfortable with numbers. After I passed the test I had Skype interviews with two of the sales directors. Pretty easy conversations just looking to get to know me on a personal level of sorts. After I passed those, they flew me out to Boston to do a presentation. The presentations is essentially just a pitch of the Criteo Value prop to a random company of your choice. They give you plenty of material to prepare with and the presentation is for 4 people at once who are listening and bouncing questions off you. Got the offer a few days later and I couldn't be more excited! Great people and excellent recruiting process.

Interview Questions

• What is one time you really struggled as an individual?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Criteo (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied via LinkedIn and contacted within a couple of days. Recruiter sent me an email about a quick phone screen. Said they would get back to me afternoon by never did. I interviewed twice with them and both times they failed to get back to me after initial screen.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Criteo (Boston, MA).

Interview

Both a challenge and a learning experience. The staff and hiring managers are all very friendly and willing to help you any way they can. Tess helped me in the process and she made herself available as a resource after normal business hours to accommodate my hectic schedule and ensure my questions where answered.

Interview Questions

• How can Criteo's products increase sales for e-commerce companies? Then be able to prove it because they will test you.   Answer Question

Dec 21, 2016 – Talent Operations Manager, Talent Acquisition

Hi there!

Thank you for sharing your experience on Glassdoor with us. Our Talent Acquisition team works tirelessly to ensure that every candidate has a positive experience.

Although it didn't... More

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Criteo (Palo Alto, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

The process was very swift and ended in a week and a half. The recruiter reached out to me and spent enough time in giving insight about the company and offered documentation explaining the forthcoming process and what to expect. It starts with a Skype interview covering CS fundamentals and a coding question, followed by onsite interviews, 2 technical, 1 design and 1 HR. Each interview is an hour long and necessarily covers one of your projects listed on the resume for the first quarter.

The interviewers were friendly enough and would work on the solution with you instead of condescendingly posing them. The questions that you ask about the team and company at the end are noted to evaluate your interest in the company which apparently drives a positive culture.

Interview Questions

• Pick the project that you found most interesting to work on, drilled on its details and then why did you choose this project.
      Coding questions from leetcode
      Design question was challenging and very comprehensive   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Criteo (Palo Alto, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Overall interview process was okay. Not too bad but still startup style which is not well organized. Interviews were fairly normal. It's not difficult. You can solve all of them if you ever checked interview books or leet code.
    I got an offer after interview. It took ~1 week.

Interview Questions

Initial offer was funny. They offered way lower salary than my current job. Base salary was ~20k lower than mine. RSUs were even lower.
    I thought recruiter was making a joke. I heard later, apparently, that it was not a joke.

Dec 21, 2016 – Talent Operations Manager, Talent Acquisition

Hi there!

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us here on Glassdoor. It’s apparent that we have some areas of improvement here & your feedback will be surely be used to improve our... More