Criteo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Criteo Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2018

3.2

Analyst Interview

Interview

They send me an email link to let me make the appointment for the phone interview. A phone interview. Ask about what the company mainly do. Then introduce the company, the benefits, and the following steps. It is an average interview.

Interview Questions

• Ask about what the company does, your background and desired salary.   Answer Question

Apr 13, 2018

Hey there! Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We appreciate you sharing your experience with Criteo’s interview process.

Associate Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Criteo (Boston, MA) in April 2018.

Interview

Started off with a phone screen with a recruiter. Next had two back to back 30 minute phone interviews with two managers. Final stage was a mock pitch/presentation of the product in front of a director and two managers. Very smooth/fast interview process. My recruiter was very helpful throughout the whole process and gave me plenty of resources for preparation. As long as you prepare for each for stage with 100% effort it won't be bad at all. BE YOURSELF.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Walk me through your resume.   Answer Question
    • Why Criteo? Why sales? Why this position/program?   Answer Question
    • What motivates you?   1 Answer
    • What is your greatest accomplishment? Tell me about a time you set a goal.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you helped a team member out.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you received feedback.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you made a mistake or had to give someone hard news.   Answer Question
    • Why would a client want to work with you over the rest of the candidates?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you were a leader.   Answer Question

Jun 11, 2018 – Recruiting Coordinator

Hello!
    Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us here on Glassdoor. We’re delighted that you had a great candidate experience; it’s something we work hard to ensure and appreciate the... More

Associate Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Criteo (Boston, MA) in April 2018.

Interview

Shortly after applying for this role, a Criteo recruiter reached out for a phone interview. A few days later she then followed up to schedule another over the phone interview with two Account Executives, and then came an in person, mock sales pitch. I had expressed to my recruiter that I had deadlines for other positions and she assured me that their team would let me know their feedback as soon as possible (sometimes even day of). Not only did Criteo keep their word, but everyone in the office also made me feel extremely welcomed and relaxed throughout the interview process. This made the process not only efficient, but also enjoyable.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Criteo (Boston, MA).

Interview

1. Phone interview with recruiter
    2. Basic skills quiz
    3. Group interview with team
    4. Presentation with team

I'll start with - the recruiter was extremely helpful. Once I interviewed with the team, I was turned off by their pretentiousness (which didn't seem warranted considering their inability to explain their technology and results). Left interview #3 knowing less about the job role and with a 'I do NOT see myself here' mentality.

Interview Questions

Criteo Response

Mar 16, 2018 – Recruiting Coordinator

Hello!

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us here on Glassdoor. It’s apparent that we have some areas of improvement here & your feedback will surely be used to improve our... More

Account Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Criteo (Boston, MA) in February 2018.

Interview

The interview process was completed in three steps.
    1) Initial phone screen (1 hr)
    2) In person round table interview with myself and three Account Strategy managers - behavioral questions
    3) In person case study pitch

The recruiter I worked with was wonderful, extremely engaged and detailed, and very helpful with all of my questions throughout the process. Each step of the interview was more challenging than the previous which made it more rewarding. Do your research and really prepare for this and you will do well. They want to ensure you have a FULL understanding of what Criteo does and what you would do as an Account Strategist.

Interview Questions

• Describe your current role   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you have had to deal with a difficult client and/or team member and how did you resolve the issue at hand   Answer Question
    • Analytical questions during case study pitch - know metrics such as CPC, CPM, eCPM, CTR, CR, etc.   Answer Question

Apr 13, 2018 – Recruiting Coordinator

Hello! Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us here on Glassdoor! We're so happy to hear you had a positive experience! A great deal of time is spent on our process & we are elated to... More

Research Interview

Interview

Criteo's recruiting process is awfully slow and exhibits all the fallacies shown by a new startup. My experience was with the US recruiting teams - they had two interviews over 2 months - the interviewers were respectful but were very impatient throughout the Skype calls - the second interviewer tried to appear as a know-all in the ML field, asking very unrelated questions about one neural network project that I did, not being ready to understand the architecture and the challenges which was domain-specific. The recruiter was another pain, it just appeared they just waitlisted my application until they found more suitable candidates - this is typical of a startup scenario and the slow recruiting process is not conducive for interviews since you just give up on the process to prepare and schedule other interviews when suddenly you find an email from them after 3 weeks that they want to schedule the next round asap. Being a little respectful of the time of candidates doesn't hurt.

Interview Questions

• Some basic questions on survival cox regression models, logistic regression models, feature selection techniques.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

phone interview with some engineers and researcher. it was reasonable. It was two phone interview back to back. They discussed the details of my resume and my research projects. The interviewer was really nice.

Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Criteo in November 2017.

Interview

The whole interview process didn't make that much sense to me. I applied online for the internship role and was contacted by a recruiter for a Skype Interview with one of the researchers. I was asked few Machine Learning questions and was asked about my resume. The interviewer was condescending towards me and the whole interview didn't go well. I didn't hear anything for the next 2 weeks and I was pretty sure I got rejected. Then I received another interview request with another researcher. This one went really well and the interviewer was really nice. And then again, I didn't hear anything for the next one month and I was told I haven't been selected. So, the whole process took around 2 months (which included just 2 interviews, no onsite) and I was handed a rejection. I understand I didn't have a good interview the first time around. Then, I should have been rejected based on that and shouldn't have been invited for the second call. But, it gave me a false sense of hope and the second interview made me feel Criteo is interested in my application. Either conduct two interviews back to back or just don't invite for the second one, if you feel the candidate can be rejected based on the first feedback. And it simply doesn't make any sense to take 2 months to conduct just 2 skype interviews and then reject the candidate. This was unbelievably slow and awful recruiting policy.

Interview Questions

• Questions related to research and resume. One or two statistical machine learning questions.   Answer Question

Mar 7, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

We appreciate your feedback, and we’re always looking for ways to improve the candidate interview experience here at Criteo. We’re sorry to... More

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Criteo (Ann Arbor, MI) in November 2017.

Interview

So Received a call from the recruiter. Did a Skype Informational interview. After that , I was asked to come onsite for 3 sessions.

1st Session:
    3 members of the team barged in to the room without any introduction or any greeting and asked to solve a Ransom Note Problem.

2nd Session:
    Spoke with 2 other members of the team who were in test lead positions.

3rd Session:
    Spoke with the manager again. He said he will get back to me fairly quickly. He also stressed that, he likes to get back with the candidates sooner than later with the outcome of the interview.

I has been more than 5 months and they have never got back to me. Furthermore, I also reached out to the recruiter and asked him about the feedback and they have also not got back to me.

In my opinion, their combined attitude was not professional at all. They are part of Hooklogic, which was acquired by Criteo, which is an awesome company. After worked in Tech for 12+ years, I would say this was an unpleasant experience and a total waste of time.

Interview Questions

Criteo Response

Mar 28, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We appreciate your feedback, and we’re always looking for ways to improve the candidate interview experience here at Criteo.
    We’re sorry to hear... More

Engineering Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Criteo (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

Recruiter round

Senior Program Manager Skype- very focused on people process and technology skills, very interested in learning how you handle highly ambitious people

Peer interview - Follow up and a deeper dive on the above
    Design - got into depth of design problem
    Engineering manager round- how do you handle engineers round ?
    Hiring manager- culture and role fit