Criteo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Criteo Interview Questions

Updated Feb 18, 2018

3.2

Research Interview

Interview

Criteo's recruiting process is awfully slow and exhibits all the fallacies shown by a new startup. My experience was with the US recruiting teams - they had two interviews over 2 months - the interviewers were respectful but were very impatient throughout the Skype calls - the second interviewer tried to appear as a know-all in the ML field, asking very unrelated questions about one neural network project that I did, not being ready to understand the architecture and the challenges which was domain-specific. The recruiter was another pain, it just appeared they just waitlisted my application until they found more suitable candidates - this is typical of a startup scenario and the slow recruiting process is not conducive for interviews since you just give up on the process to prepare and schedule other interviews when suddenly you find an email from them after 3 weeks that they want to schedule the next round asap. Being a little respectful of the time of candidates doesn't hurt.

Interview Questions

• Some basic questions on survival cox regression models, logistic regression models, feature selection techniques.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

phone interview with some engineers and researcher. it was reasonable. It was two phone interview back to back. They discussed the details of my resume and my research projects. The interviewer was really nice.

Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Criteo in November 2017.

Interview

The whole interview process didn't make that much sense to me. I applied online for the internship role and was contacted by a recruiter for a Skype Interview with one of the researchers. I was asked few Machine Learning questions and was asked about my resume. The interviewer was condescending towards me and the whole interview didn't go well. I didn't hear anything for the next 2 weeks and I was pretty sure I got rejected. Then I received another interview request with another researcher. This one went really well and the interviewer was really nice. And then again, I didn't hear anything for the next one month and I was told I haven't been selected. So, the whole process took around 2 months (which included just 2 interviews, no onsite) and I was handed a rejection. I understand I didn't have a good interview the first time around. Then, I should have been rejected based on that and shouldn't have been invited for the second call. But, it gave me a false sense of hope and the second interview made me feel Criteo is interested in my application. Either conduct two interviews back to back or just don't invite for the second one, if you feel the candidate can be rejected based on the first feedback. And it simply doesn't make any sense to take 2 months to conduct just 2 skype interviews and then reject the candidate. This was unbelievably slow and awful recruiting policy.

Interview Questions

• Questions related to research and resume. One or two statistical machine learning questions.   Answer Question

Engineering Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Criteo (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

Recruiter round

Senior Program Manager Skype- very focused on people process and technology skills, very interested in learning how you handle highly ambitious people

Peer interview - Follow up and a deeper dive on the above
    Design - got into depth of design problem
    Engineering manager round- how do you handle engineers round ?
    Hiring manager- culture and role fit

Technical Solutions Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Criteo (Boston, MA) in August 2017.

Interview

Contacted through Linkedin by recruiter which lead to a phone screening. After a phone screening took a skills test, which lead to a 1 on 1 with potential manager. Following manager interview, met with multiple team members onsite. Finally met with director for final round of interviews.

Overall interview process was decent, just had to make sure I had enough vacation time/ personal days to make room for all of the interviews that had to be done.

Interview Questions

Criteo Response

Sep 1, 2017 – Talent Operations Manager, Talent Acquisition

Hey There,

Thanks for sharing this with us!

Making room for interviews while still employed can be a difficult task. We're conscious of the time investment required from both candidates and... More

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Criteo.

Interview

Had a first interview, did their recruitment test, was told they inquired for a second interview but after that I never heard anything more from them. Just felt very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Not necessarily the most difficult question but they asked you to describe Criteo's business model and services quite in-depth.   Answer Question

People Services Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Criteo (Boston, MA) in July 2017.

Interview

brief phone interview, invited for in-person interview

The interview process was seamless and organized. The recruiting coordinator was very helpful and available; as soon as I arrived to the office for the interview, I was given a tour of the office. Then I was interviewed by three different people, who were all personable and easy to talk to. The process was not intimidating at all. After being referred for the role, I met with everyone, but turns out they were looking for someone with more experience. My outlook on the company is still very positive.

Associate Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Criteo.

Interview

I was referred by a current employee.

I began talking to recruiter in January. Formal interview process began in March. I had a phone interview, took their analytical test, and had an "in person interview" via video conference call due to distance. All interviews went really well, I was highly interested in the position! After video interview I was asked to send my availability to fly to Boston to do a sales pitch.

I followed up to thank those that interviewed me, asked a few questions, and sent my availability. They gave me a date that I would hear back about when i needed to come to Boston, when I didn't hear on that day I emailed the recruiter I had been working with. When I didn't hear after a few days I emailed again and called the office.

I never heard from recruiter or anyone else in the company after that.

Terrible communication and extremely unprofessional!

Interview Questions

• They ask you to take an analytical test to see how your skills fit the company.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Criteo (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

1 Phone/Screen Sharing
    4 Rounds of Onsite
    The recruitment team was super nice and probably the only silver lining in the entire process.
    The team was extremely rude so much I did want to walk out. I took up the issue with the co-ordinator during the break but seems like it backfired.The rest of the rounds were even more hostile where I clearly got the feeling that they ganged up against me once the recruiter voiced my concern.There was a small electronic gift which was given to me which I had left in the interview room during the break. When i come back, I see the gift was smashed on the ground trampled with feet.This is the height of nonsense and most unprofessional set of folks I have ever come across in my career.

Associate Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Criteo (Boston, MA).

Interview

Initial phone calls w recruiter (Tess was incredibly helpful throughout the interview process). Online test (easy if you look over the material beforehand). Interview with two Criteo employees. Flown out to Boston for a presentation. Pitch the Criteo product to 5 employees. Incredibly difficult last round.

Interview Questions

• Interrupt you during the Presentation... they asked me to calculate numbers that I was not told I would need to know a formula for.   Answer Question