Critical Software Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Critical Software Interview Questions

Interviews at Critical Software

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coimbra, Coimbra (Portugal)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Critical Software (Coimbra, Coimbra (Portugal)) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied Online and got scheduled to a first large group interview for a full day, this position was actually to a sibling company named ITGROW

First half of day was mainly psychological tests, similar to IQ tests to test your overall aptitude.
    Second Half was composed of a group activity followed by a simple java development test on an network isolated computer.
    After that you have another day to interview alone, with a technical manager of one of the teams you will be working with.

Even though I got a proposal to go abroad to a different office than the one applied, this was put on hold /cancelled a few days after accepting, this is the just plain wrong step in the whole process.

Interview Questions

• To develop a simple program in Java with file manipulation alongside documenting the whole process.   Answer Question

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coimbra, Coimbra (Portugal)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Critical Software (Coimbra, Coimbra (Portugal)) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process takes a full day. There are several tests taken during the day (programming, IQ (or similar) and group behaviour). There are no paid meals and there is some wait. The whole process is in a group (maybe 30 people).

Interview Questions

• Design, document and implement a simple program that reads data from a file and outputs a calculation based on the data of that file.   Answer Question

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Porto, Oporto (Portugal)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Critical Software (Porto, Oporto (Portugal)) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online, and after a few weeks was called to an interview.
    On the personal note, I got one of those classic strong gut feeling that they didn't like me, even before we shaked hands and talked.

So, the interview was quite straighforward. There were two people present, an HR person (via skype) and a very young team leader (I think).
    Standard questions: why this and why that.
    Several technical questions related with java. Well, all I can say is that for a junior position, there were not only numerous questions but they were also quite advanced. How can a junior have extensive experience with scrum? Did they forgot I was applying for a junior and not a senior position?

Anyways, after a week or so, their final decision came.

Interview Questions

• Why is String immutable in Java?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Critical Software.

Interview

I was invited for an interview on-site. In the beginning, they asked soft-skills questions, then they continued with technical ones, and they finished with some coding examples. During the interview, the two people were very friendly and we actually had an "informal" conversation about my background, my interests, and my reactions to specific situations. They made me feel really comfortable and wasn't the type of interview where there is one question after the other. It was like a conversation based on me.

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vila Real (Portugal)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Critical Software (Vila Real (Portugal)) in June 2018.

Interview

I've been through a cellphone interview first, where they asked me why I wanted to join the company, what I knew about the company, among other things. After that I went to a dynamic group participation and some psycho-technical tests. The dynamic groups consists in an project elaboration and defending it. In the day after I went to a personal interview where i've been asked about my background life, my academic projects and other things like salary expectations.

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Évora, Évora (Portugal)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Critical Software (Évora, Évora (Portugal)) in August 2018.

Interview

First I got contacted by a phone call interview for the HR and later on I got into a technical interview by skype where they made me questions about my choosen area.

Interview Questions

• salary expectancy, where I've found the company and what took me to apply to the company.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Critical Software.

Interview

Skills, Personality, Math and English Paper Tests followed by 1:1 Interview. All Tests were done on-site. the 1:1 Interview interview was a videoconf from Porto to Coimbra. Conditions were discussed by telephone.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Porto, Oporto (Portugal)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Critical Software (Porto, Oporto (Portugal)) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process was done initially by phone, followed by a remote test on a specific platform to confirm knowledge and after approval, personal interview with two dev and one HR.
    The first interview; by phone with HR, went well and the purpose was to define / filter if my profile fit in the clients needs to the job title.
    The remote test was a little hard, multiple-choice exam, with a countdown, to check what we know and in what time.
    The personal interview went well, because the two dev knew what they wanted, clearly had knowledge regarding the subject and made some theoretical questions and a practical exercise to solve in Google Docs in real time.
    Despite not having selected me for the role, the interviewers proposed me a very good solution adapted to my profile.

Interview Questions

• Giving a function that returned an int and had as parameters an int array, return in the less code possible, the sum of pair values.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Critical Software.

Interview

The hiring process takes way too long. The psychometric tests were scheduled for one month after sending the CV and I was only contacted for the follow-up technical interview a month after that. By then I had already taken another offer.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coimbra, Coimbra (Portugal)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Critical Software (Coimbra, Coimbra (Portugal)) in July 2015.

Interview

Day 1:
    * Psycho-technical tests
    * Simple programming test (offline, without documentation, may use one of several programming languages)
    * Group dynamics behaviour test (in English)

Day 2 (only for those who "pass" day 1):