KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

60 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

A company for life

Dec 24, 2021 - Senior Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great environment, projects that make a difference to the world (no call centre crappy software being developed here): trains, planes, aerospace, space, banking, smart meters, etc.. Parts of Exomars SW were made here. Same for Solar Orbiter and 20+ space missions. This is about changing the world, for the better, while staying in Portugal (or UK, or Germany, or anywhere that suits you - remote is the new norm). Human resources are valued. Several process improvement initiatives are NOT related to the core technical standards and/or technologies but to People and sustainability (Investors in People, B-Corps). One of the few CMMI-L5 companies in the world (~1000), which rates the capability maturity level of the organization.

Cons

Got to know what is involved in working for safety-critical projects and domains. Not a company developing pretty much simple web software. Coding is only one of the many tasks to be performed before release. If you don't care about quality (doing things right, processes and doing the right thing and your business is the salary at the end of the month), go somewhere else.

Critical Software Response

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with us. We work across a range of the most demanding industries, all with the goal of making the world a safer and better place. We're always ready to face the toughest of challenges, but it's important that we can enjoy the experience at the same time!

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Best culture ever

Jul 1, 2022 - Junior Software Engineer in Coimbra, Coimbra
    Business Outlook

Pros

Perks at the offices, benefits to every employee. Every member of the company os treated like a real person.

Cons

Until now i didn't have anything bad to say.

3. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

It's the best company to start your career

Jun 14, 2022 - Software Engineer in Coimbra, Coimbra
    Business Outlook

Pros

- They care about your well-being and mental health - In general people are very kind - Take part in complex projects where you can participate in the full cycle of software development - Learn and apply good practices of software development

Cons

- Not not full remote - Salary is bellow average for software development

1 person found this review helpful
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great!

May 27, 2022 - Software Engineer in Lisbon, Lisbon
    Business Outlook

Pros

Interesting projects, broad software engineering options, culture and benefits.

Cons

Salary could be more, but Portugal is the real problem

5. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good company to learn

Jun 8, 2022 - Data Scientist in Coimbra, Coimbra
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent work-life balance Environment is really good Good company to learn

Cons

Pay is low The benefits are poor

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Excellent opportunities and big challenges!

May 22, 2022 - Senior Manager in Coimbra, Coimbra
    Business Outlook

Pros

Strong Culture Team work and peer relations Maturity of processes and tools Leadership Career opportunities Training

Cons

Workload Work and life balance sometimes affected

7. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Relaxed setting but bad salary

May 26, 2022 - Software Engineer in Lisbon, Lisbon
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company culture leads to a relaxed environment where everyone has freedom to work at their pace without too much pressure and control from management.

Cons

Salary is really bad. Long period without a project. Performance evaluations, raises and positions do not reflect effort or proefficiency. Note: this may be my biased vision because it happened during the first year working remotely.

8. 2.0
    Current Employee

Good company to start, leave after 3 ou 4 years

May 20, 2022 - Junior Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great workplace environment, good offices, remote work allowed

Cons

Really low salary; not being rewarded by effort done; no certified trainings and no investment in people; biased towards some people who get promoted instead of the ones that do the work

1 person found this review helpful
  9. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great work place

May 11, 2022 - Junior Software Engineer in Southampton, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very friendly work colleges and environment.

Cons

Learning feels restricted at present.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

CSW Review

Apr 21, 2022 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

They invest in people Great people and environment Learn a lot

Cons

Salary could be way better

Critical Software Response

We're delighted to know that you're pleased with the working environment and culture we offer at Critical. We definitely believe that it is something to shout about! As for salaries, we take the remuneration of our Critical family members seriously and always keep them under frequent review.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 189 Reviews

Critical Software Reviews FAQs

Critical Software has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5, based on over 236 reviews left anonymously by employees. 96% of employees would recommend working at Critical Software to a friend and 85% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Critical Software employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.6 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Critical Software. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.

96% of Critical Software employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Critical Software 4.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.5 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Critical Software to be management, career development, culture and the cons to be benefits, compensation.

Popular Careers with Critical Software Job Seekers