CrossCountry Mortgage Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

1. Featured Interview

QC Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brecksville, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CrossCountry Mortgage (Brecksville, OH) in July 2017.

Interview

Initiated with a phone interview that was comprehensive in verifying my level of skills . Additionally, this interview provided me with pertinent information about the employer. I was then afforded the opportunity to meet with the various managers I would be working with. Goals and objectives were laid out. It was thorough but not intimidating.

Interview Questions

• What was were my Quality Assurance experiences.   1 Answer

CrossCountry Mortgage Response

Oct 17, 2017 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for providing your feedback and taking time to share your experience in the interview process. We are pleased to hear that our recruiters provided the highest level of service and were... More

Marketing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at CrossCountry Mortgage.

Interview

Phone screen with HR rep was generic and easy. Did not hear back from her, even after following up, for more than three weeks. Finally got a face-to-face interview with Marketing Director that was more thorough and specific to the role. Had one more "interview" with a marketing team member that was more of a conversation over the phone, getting to know one another and making sure I was a good fit for the team.

The HR rep followed up and asked for references - which she got mixed up when she contacted. She had my past employment dates all confused and called two of my references the incorrect names. She called to offer me the position and gave me less than 48 hours to make a decision. It was a very "pushy car salesman" type conversation where I felt very cornered into having to accept the role on the spot and not a lot of room for negotiation.

HR rep was terrible to work with. She was very pushy and condescending - even a little threatening. The offer was OK at best and there was no room for negotiation whatsoever, yet she acted as though it was the best offer in the world.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brecksville, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CrossCountry Mortgage (Brecksville, OH) in May 2016.

Interview

Very long interview, almost three hours. Met with the CMO and a team member. Very standard process. Felt more like a conversation than a test. I had an initial phone screen with the corporate recruiter and she was very friendly and willing to answer all my questions. I was offered the job the day after my interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Came at me with a great offer. I did not negotiate.

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at CrossCountry Mortgage in January 2013.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was fairly easy. The managers at this branch are extremely professional. I was very nervous before my interview; however in the actual interview they made me feel welcome and appreciated.

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brecksville, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CrossCountry Mortgage (Brecksville, OH) in March 2017.

Interview

Walked straight to the CIOs office and spoke with her and another manager. Very informal interview that was actually fun to sit down and go thru. First time I was not sweating when I left

Interview Questions

• How do you overcome situations that seem to be getting in the way of everything.
      How do you handle a situation that you have with another employee.   Answer Question

Mortgage Loan Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brecksville, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CrossCountry Mortgage (Brecksville, OH) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied mid May 2017 and did not hear anything until mid June 2017. I received an email wanting to setup a phone call with the recruiter which was done the next day. After speaking with the recruiter, i was told that he would speak with a manager to get me setup with an in person interview. I received an email back to setup an interview the following week. I interviewed with a branch manager and the project manager. The interview went very well, was not stressful or nerve racking at all. We went over the position, the company, my skills and personality. At the close of the interview, they thanked me for my time and said they would be in touch if they wished to move forward with my employment.

Interview Questions

• There were no questions that were out of the ordinary for the position that I applied for. Just your typical loan processing questions.   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CrossCountry Mortgage (South Norwalk, CT) in September 2017.

Interview

I attended a Social Media training conference call and then had an interview with the 2 branch managers. The interview portion was supposed to last 30 minutes but we ended up discussing so many topics that I was there for an hour and a half!

Interview Questions

• Keeping in mind that you are applying for a marketing position, do you mind doing some basic clerical work while we get the office up an running?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brecksville, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CrossCountry Mortgage (Brecksville, OH).

Interview

I applied online and an HR contact me with phone interview. Then another phone interview with direct manager. I finally got an on-site interviews with teammates and department directors. Then they turned silence even I sent following up email.

Interview Questions

• background and resume questions   1 Answer

Loan Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brecksville, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CrossCountry Mortgage (Brecksville, OH) in November 2016.

Interview

It was easy but was asked if I would fit in. I later realized why I was asked. This was a very strange department I was going on to.

Interview Questions

• How strong I was with Fha, Va, Conv, weaknesses, strong points.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No, told I would make commissions but dept. was very slow.

Loan Processor Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CrossCountry Mortgage in September 2017.

Interview

After a phone interview I met with the manager who spent quite a bit of time explaining in detail their culture. It was a great experience I am still pending their decision

Interview Questions

CrossCountry Mortgage Response

Oct 17, 2017 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to provide your experience in your interview process. We appreciate your input and hope you are able to join one of the best places to grow your career!