Cummings Properties Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Cummings Properties

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cummings Properties

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cummings Properties.

Interview

Conversational. You speak with different members of senior management from different departments, including peer interviews. Most of the interview questions are geared towards you as a person, your background, and your goals, rather than your "skill set". Not an intimidating process and allows both parties to gauge compatibility.

Admin Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cummings Properties.

Interview

Met with the office manager then the CFO. Not sure why CFO had to meet me, but whatever. Office manager explained position. Gave me a some tests to see my skills. CFO talked in circles about people being important than buildings. He talked about the 80/20 rule but I think he was confused what the 80/20 rule is. (That should have been the first red flag about company culture issues!)

Interview Questions

• Textbook interview questions: strengths, weaknesses, career goals, why looking for new job, salary.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cummings Properties (Woburn, MA).

Interview

One positive thing I will say is that the entire experience was extremely fast. I applied on a Friday, and almost immediately asked to come in on the following Monday. I came in, did an actual quiz, then did a standard interview. Later that evening, I received an email asking to come in again later that week. I did so, was asked to do actual work, met with a few more people, and was rejected before I even made it home. They liked me and my background but didn't think I would fit in. They stress alot during the interview that the environment is not standard, and almost kept trying to warn me I may not like it. For the record I thought everyone I met was very nice.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience working in a flat, collaborative environment? (This seemed more important to them than my work experience. )   Answer Question

Designer Interview

Interview

I applied for a job through Craig's List. When I was called in for an interview, I met with the Design manager for about an hour and was hired on the spot. Typically, they like to hire people with less experience because the company does not follow the industry standard.

Interview Questions

• My interview consisted of me talking about school and past design projects.   Answer Question

Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cummings Properties (Woburn, MA) in October 2012.

Interview

After submitting my resume, cover letter and 2 writing samples, I was asked to come in for an interview. While on-site, the hiring manager had me complete a proofreading test, after which she conducted the interview. The interview went well and she asked me if I would complete a writing assignment. At this point, everything sounded great, so I agreed.

Here's where the process went sour: it was unpaid work masquerading as a pre-employment test! They wanted me to write a real-life press release about one of their actual clients about actual events that occurred. AND they wanted me to contact their client!

Estate Maintenance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cummings Properties (Woburn, MA).

Interview

went over qualifications and said was over qualified

Negotiation

was none it was take it or leave it

Office and Field Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cummings Properties (Woburn, MA).

Interview

went well and did what said but hidden ghosts and internal issues

Negotiation

very easy

Facility Buyer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cummings Properties in October 2012.

Interview

In person interview after brief telephone interview.
    Building very nice, yet employees seemed to be on top of each other. Interviewer was personable.
    LONG face to face interview followed by a pop quiz of sorts. Testing knowledge of measurements, square foot, square yard, etc.

Interview Questions

• POP quiz, someone in my job would be able to do that daily without issue, but, after over an hour interview, it was very off putting.
      Then they never had the curtosy of notice on filling the position with another canidate.   Answer Question