Cunard Line Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 13, 2017

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cunard Line

Head of Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southam, South West England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cunard Line (Southam, South West England, England (UK)).

Interview

Phone interview then presentation based face to face.
    Didn't even have the courtesy to let me know I was unsuccessful then called 10 months later to ask me to reapply with no knowledge I had had an interview in the first place. Was told I'd have some feedback on what happened in the original process in 48 hours. Never heard from them again. Rude, farcical and from what I understand from friends in the industry, reflective of the marketing department culture at Cunard. Whilst I respect that I was not right for the role, I also do think after putting in time and effort to interview, I deserved the dignity of a response.

Interview Questions

• How I'd manage an unproductive or difficult team member   Answer Question

Buffet Steward Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cunard Line.

Interview

Interview based on overal previous experience assessment in restaurants. Restaurant etiquette, cuisine (salad dressings, way of cooking meat, fish etc.) and drink knowledge assessment. Could be english language test. Representative of the company could assess cadidate for conflict situation solving skills, communication, flexibility and so on. Then if all fine, health assessment should be done in medical center in your city, if need US (C1) visa should be issued.

Interview Questions

• Restaurant etiquette, cuisine (salad dressings, way of cooking meat, fish etc.)   Answer Question

Assistant Waiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cunard Line (London, England (UK)) in July 2013.

Interview

It was a phone interview. They would email you and schedule it. The length was like 15-20 minutes. Very easy-going interviewer. By the end of the interview they will let you know if you passed or not.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked before as a waiter? From which side do you serve food/ from which side the drink? from which side do you clear the plates? how many cutlery will you have on a table for a dinner meal?   Answer Question