Curian Capital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Curian Capital

4.0

Inside Wholesaler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Curian Capital (Denver, CO) in November 2010.

Interview

Two interviews over the phone. The first was about 15 minutes, the other was an hour long with the boss of the first interviewer. I was flown for an interview for a face-to-face interview. The first was with a panel of three middle manager types. They were in their 30s and very nice people. It appeared they were new at interviewing and didn't really want to be there. They gave a half-hearted, perfunctory effort as they seemed to want to get back to their desks and to their regular work. The questions they asked didn't lead to any sort of destination. They seem to be making them up on the fly. In other words, the answers to their questions wouldn't have given them anything meaningful about me and how I might relate to the position for which I was interviewing, or Curian. Next, I was taken into a large conference room to met with the CEO and several division vice presidents. They did not appear to be trained to interview as they violated two laws with two questions they asked. The more they talked the more I realized their company culture smelled like Lehman Brothers. Three of the them had the "Master of the Universe" personality. It was then I realized I had made a mistake in accepting their invitation (read Liar's Poker and The Big Short both by Michael Lewis). They asked two really bad questions and I gave them very bad answers that I felt would would cause them to end the interview so I could get back to the airport in time for my flight. These guys would have been very difficult for me to work for as I could not stand their inflated egos and arrogance.

Interview Questions

• How much money did you make last year?   1 Answer

Interview

contacted via email, then flown to CO for in person interview, then met the manager for the East Coast, then offered the job via mail. Meeting with the manager of the East coast was a ride along for 3 days. Training was 4 weeks in Denver, CO. There was no room for negotiation, the offer was the offer and you either accepted it or you declined it.

Negotiation

there was no negotiation, what was offered was it

Internal Regional Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Curian Capital (Nashville, TN) in April 2013.

Interview

Online application, 2 phone interviews, then an interview with the National Sales Manager. All the individuals I interacted with were very professional. They were very helpful in preparing me for the next phase of the interview process. It was a fairly quick process.

Internal Regional Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Curian Capital (Denver, CO) in April 2011.

Interview

After sending in my resume and having an initial interview with the recruiter I had an interview with the head of sales, the division manager, and the inside sales manager. The key to getting the job is to ask for it. At the end of the interview it is important to let them know you want the job and ask them to give it to you.

Interview Questions

• They were specific about my previous experience wanting to know the numbers. What was my run rate? What was my goal? How many advisors did I currently do business with? Luckily my previous job made me know that information so I was prepared.   Answer Question

Negotiation

An offer letter was sent and I accepted although in hindsight I would have asked for a higher base and commission structure. I assumed because of the size of the company that there was not room for negotiation.