Cymer Controls Algorithm Engineer Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Controls Algorithm Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cymer (San Diego, CA) in May 2009.

Interview

The interview process for Cymer consisted of 3 parts. One week after submitting my resume online, I received a phone call from the recruiter, in which he scheduled a phone interview.

The first phase of the interviewing process was a phone interview with the Technical Recruiter. In this interview he asked standard HR questions about my experiences, education, and interests. I kept my enthusiasm high and the interview went well.

One week later, I received another call from the Cymer HR department. Another phone interview was scheduled, this time with a senior engineer and a manager. This was the technical interview in which they determined if I knew what I was talking about.

One week later, I received another call from the HR department scheduling an on-site interview. I was interviewed by the senior engineer and the recruiter at different times. I was asked the standard questions "Tell me about yourself?", "Strengths and Weaknesses", "A time I was challenged" etc.

Overall, everyone at Cymer was great, accommodating and very professional. The work culture was top notch.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were challenged, and how did you overcome the situation?   Answer Question