Cyngn Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cyngn (Seattle, WA) in May 2016.

Interview

Terrible. I talked to some HR, and moved on to the next round. Then, I had to do a Hackerrank...that I did just as well as other applicants (who ended up getting the job), if not BETTER, possibly, and DID NOT GET THE JOB. How is that even possible?

Also, very fishy because the interview process was so goddamn short and not in any way comprehensive. Um, and HR doesn't want to follow-up full-time after the internship? What's the point of even having an internship then, if not to look for talent? Because one thing's for sure, it's absolutely not for "cheap labor" -- they're paying a ton.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cyngn (Seattle, WA) in April 2016.

Interview

Got this position via recruiter. First step solving 2 problems on HackerRank, next 2 phone screenings and eventually onsite in Seattle. 5 interviews total, 3 algorithms and data structures, one design and one cultural fit interview over lunch.
    Although I personally did not do well that day, but it still was very positive experience, all people were super nice and friendly and very professional.
    Keep up the good work!

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cyngn (Seattle, WA) in June 2014.

Interview

Long Amazon/Microsoft style interview process. White Board and nothing else. I was scheduled for 6+ hours 9:30 AM to 3:30. Wasn't even given lunch let alone 15 minutes to grab a bite. One guy offered doughnuts from the morning where all were 1/2 eaten. The Office space resembled a LAN party from college. No cubicles of office rooms, just a large area with cheap desks and chairs. They offered Nerf guns and free beer. However, that kind of appeal may work for kids straight out of school but not a professional. When I met the manager, I asked about their revenue stream since they bragged about turning down some ridicules amount from a huge company. He wouldn't give me a valid answer which made me uncomfortable.

Interview Questions

• Graphs, How does malloc work internally, linked lists, the basic 150 questions from Amazon or Microsoft.   Answer Question

Motion Graphic Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cyngn in May 2015.

Interview

Applied on their website, received an email from a recruiter about a month later. I sent over my portfolio and reel and didn't hear anything for a couple weeks. Then a new recruiter contacted me as the previous had left the company. Quickly set up interview which led to scheduling another interview with an employee. This interview was mostly the employee telling me about the company and I wasn't asked many questions or given the opportunity to ask any. Overall it felt rushed and lacking any real depth to get to know me and my work. Perhaps that's just the culture there. Anyway, I received a rejection email a few days later. I think they are looking for someone whose previous job was doing exactly the type of work they want done now. If you are looking for a lateral career move maybe this is the place although they lack any real structure in the department and badly need someone with agency experience to help form it IMO.

Head of QA Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cyngn in September 2017.

Interview

Initially discussed about the position. Recruiter said that I have to wait for at last a couple of weeks, since the hiring manager was on vacation. Scheduled an initial phone screen, which was ten days later. By that time, it was three weeks. Not sure if this company was serious about hiring people. On the last minute, they changed the person who was going to interview me. Interview was not that challenging at all. I think all of the reviews of this company is pretty accurate. Very uninspiring. Found out a week later that they were only interested in a senior engineer role, when I had asked several times if they have other QA positions. They told me that they want to hire the manager first then build the team. Just stay away from this company when they cannot be honest with job candidate. I can't imagine working there for them.

Android Engineer Interview

Interview

Applied for the Palo Alto location. HackerRank coding question before an interview with anyone. After that, live coding exercise with engineer who may or may not be in Palo Alto (mine was in Seattle). Did not make it past that stage because I did not finish the problem correctly in the allotted time. (I got it half-right...) No response was ever given after the interview so I just assumed rejection.

I personally don't like these types of interviews because they have nothing to do with Android.

Interview Questions

• All coding questions but I won't reveal them here. GeekforGeeks/leetcode type of questions.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cyngn.

Interview

Two phone interviews and full day onsite interviews that consisted of 6 different interviews.
    Code writing and Android concepts discussion in the phone interviews.

Usual tech interview questions in the onsite interviews. Asked to write code for solving algorithm problem in one interview. Other interviews were related to designing Android apps, general discussion about Android design and concepts.

Android Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cyngn.

Interview

Interview process consists of a few phone screens and an all-day onsite.

During the phone screen, the interviewer had an accent that made it very frustrating to know what he was asking. He asked a lot of questions about typical Android app dev. "Intent" sounded like "intern". I work on Android internals so I don't know some of the concepts in app space. When I say I don't know, he would tell me how unfortunate that is for someone with my level of experience and that I should know those concepts. Well, thanks for the encouragement but I don't need you to tell me what I am and I am not capable of. I know what I am capable of.

According to some of the reviews here on Glassdoor, this doesn't seem like a good place to work anyways. So, thanks but no thanks.

Interview Questions

• Implement a stack that keeps track of the minimum value   Answer Question

Product/Marketing/Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cyngn (Palo Alto, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Super easy and efficient (with a caveat). Couple conversations with various members of the team and then offer just a couple days later.

Everyone was VERY smart and was rather intimidating because I wasn't sure how I did or if I was able to accurately represent myself in the short interviews. Apparently they got a good enough idea to make an offer.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cyngn in November 2018.

Interview

I applied online, and got phone interview invitation after several weeks. Two rounds of interview was taken place, regarding technical questions about my past experience based on the resume, and a coding problem. Received an offer after around a month.

Interview Questions

• Resume-related questions + elaboration about the technical concepts in previous experiences.

Coding problem (leetcode)   Answer Question