Cytec Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 26, 2016

2.8

QA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cytec (Greenville, TX).

Interview

Met with various members of different departments face to face and presented my resume. They were impressed with qualifications , experience and integrity. They presented me positive feedback, answered my questions in a professional manner.

Interview Questions

• Why do you seek employment with our company?   1 Answer

CONTROL Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cytec (Anaheim, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Interview was with human resources and supervisors.
    Drug and Physical tests were done at two different facilities. Miles apart from each other took at least a 4 hours to complete both tests including drive time.
    Had to do a lot of computer safety video tutorials before actually starting physical work.

Operations Leadership Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cytec.

Interview

The interview process was very long and involved 4 phone screens prior to an on location interview. The on site interview was conducted in panel interviews except with the highest ranking individual who met with me 1:1. Dinner with the HR Director was the highlight of the day.

Safety Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cytec.

Interview

Behavioral interview questions, several very specific to the role and current problems and requested an on the spot solution. Interview was with Plant Manager and HR member. HR member was VERY difficult to impress.

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cytec in October 2014.

Interview

This interview was one of the more frustrating ones I have experienced. The entire process took more than 2 months.

Step 1: Head hunting recruiters (chosen by CYTEC) called me and screened me
    Step 2: Head hunting recrutiers BOSS called me and screened me
    Step 3: Head hunting recruiter gets back and does a SECOND screen
    Step 4: Head hunting recruiter boss called me and screened me a SECOND time
    Step 5: Head hunting recruiters coordinate interview with manager at CYTEC
    Step 6: Interview with manager at CYTEC
    Step 7: Head hunting recruiters coordinate interview with a SECOND manager at CYTEC
    Step 8: Interview with another manager at CYTEC
    Step 9: Head hunting recruiters take a 2 week break..........
    Step 10: Head hunting recruiters coordinate a site interview
    Step 11: Go on site interview in south east texas
    Step 12: Head hunting recruiters coordinate another site interview in Connecticut.

Step 13: At this point, my patience has ran out and I declined any further games that they wanted to play.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a difficult situation with a client...   Answer Question

This company seems like they don't even know what/who they want. Very disorganized hiring process. No confidence in the company or management.

Not Disclosing Interview

Application

Interview

Applied for the position directly via their web site and heard nothing. 6 months later, I was called by a recruiter for the same position and did a phone interview screen. My first in-person interview did not include anyone from HR but did include 3 other relevant interviewers who were relevant. In the second round of interviews, I met the HR business partner for my area and he had zero soft-side skills. This was a red flag for an HR guy in this type of area.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any children? Are they grown?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Through the recruiter and financially successful but they would not move on matching my 4 weeks vacation. it is company policy here to only allow experienced professional joining the company to get 3 weeks maximum.

Mechanical Engineer Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cytec (Lubbock, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

I met employers of Cytec at an engineering job fair. I was able to talk with them about the company producing composite materials, and from just being friendly they asked for my resume and for me to come interview with them the next day.

Weaver Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cytec (Greenville, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

Talk about me know how to run manufacturing machines. Talk about the last job i was on and will I be able to handle the job. Talked about the job I applied for.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to run multiple machines.   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Havre de Grace, MD

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cytec (Havre de Grace, MD) in March 2013.

Interview

Hired as a contractor through a 3rd party. It was stated that the position was temp-to-perm. However the management changed multiple times so there was no one driving the addition of the position.

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. The pay was stated prior to my agreeing to the interview.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cytec.

Interview

Two on one interview with supervisor and supervisor's boss. Very general questions regarding background and experience.
    Questions:
    Tell us a bit about yourself.
    What industry would you most like to work in?
    What lab experience do you have?
    Describe a project you had difficulty on and how you overcame it.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project you had difficulty on and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation