Cytec Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 23, 2017

2.9

Technical Services Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cytec (Anaheim, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me for 2 opening positions at Cytec. I told my recruiter I prefer one of the position but he sent my resume to both of them. One month later, my recruiter called me back for an onsite interview. I interviewed with the manager. I was asked about my past work experience, how I would fit to the new role, why I want to work here. The manager talked about the company, business and products they are doing. At the end of the interview, he walked me around the department and showed me a quick overview of the job. My recruiter called me back after the weekends and I got an offer. Overall, I have great experience with my agency and the new company. This is my dream industry I want to work for.

QA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cytec (Greenville, TX).

Interview

Met with various members of different departments face to face and presented my resume. They were impressed with qualifications , experience and integrity. They presented me positive feedback, answered my questions in a professional manner.

Interview Questions

• Why do you seek employment with our company?   1 Answer

CONTROL Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cytec (Anaheim, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Interview was with human resources and supervisors.
    Drug and Physical tests were done at two different facilities. Miles apart from each other took at least a 4 hours to complete both tests including drive time.
    Had to do a lot of computer safety video tutorials before actually starting physical work.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cytec.

Interview

The interview process was very long and involved 4 phone screens prior to an on location interview. The on site interview was conducted in panel interviews except with the highest ranking individual who met with me 1:1. Dinner with the HR Director was the highlight of the day.

Safety Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cytec.

Interview

Behavioral interview questions, several very specific to the role and current problems and requested an on the spot solution. Interview was with Plant Manager and HR member. HR member was VERY difficult to impress.

Director of Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sidney, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cytec (Sidney, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

It was very thorough. I met with each member of management on an individual basis versus a panel interview, and I appreciate that approach much better. They used an interviewing technique called Targeted Selection that requires the candidate to give individual examples of each of their responses in an actual setting type format.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a major plant issue that had come up and how were you able to resolve it?   1 Answer

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cytec in October 2014.

Interview

This interview was one of the more frustrating ones I have experienced. The entire process took more than 2 months.

Step 1: Head hunting recruiters (chosen by CYTEC) called me and screened me
    Step 2: Head hunting recrutiers BOSS called me and screened me
    Step 3: Head hunting recruiter gets back and does a SECOND screen
    Step 4: Head hunting recruiter boss called me and screened me a SECOND time
    Step 5: Head hunting recruiters coordinate interview with manager at CYTEC
    Step 6: Interview with manager at CYTEC
    Step 7: Head hunting recruiters coordinate interview with a SECOND manager at CYTEC
    Step 8: Interview with another manager at CYTEC
    Step 9: Head hunting recruiters take a 2 week break..........
    Step 10: Head hunting recruiters coordinate a site interview
    Step 11: Go on site interview in south east texas
    Step 12: Head hunting recruiters coordinate another site interview in Connecticut.

Step 13: At this point, my patience has ran out and I declined any further games that they wanted to play.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a difficult situation with a client...   Answer Question

This company seems like they don't even know what/who they want. Very disorganized hiring process. No confidence in the company or management.

Production Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sidney, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cytec (Sidney, OH) in April 2014.

Interview

Interview with HR and Production Manager. After interview a plant tour that lasted about 15 minutes. I received a call from HR 3 days later to come in for a second interview with a different dept Manager and HR rep. I was offered a conditional position a week later upon completing a background check, drug screen and physical. This took about 2 weeks to complete and start orientation.

Not Disclosing Interview

Application

Interview

Applied for the position directly via their web site and heard nothing. 6 months later, I was called by a recruiter for the same position and did a phone interview screen. My first in-person interview did not include anyone from HR but did include 3 other relevant interviewers who were relevant. In the second round of interviews, I met the HR business partner for my area and he had zero soft-side skills. This was a red flag for an HR guy in this type of area.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any children? Are they grown?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Through the recruiter and financially successful but they would not move on matching my 4 weeks vacation. it is company policy here to only allow experienced professional joining the company to get 3 weeks maximum.

Mechanical Engineer Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cytec (Lubbock, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

I met employers of Cytec at an engineering job fair. I was able to talk with them about the company producing composite materials, and from just being friendly they asked for my resume and for me to come interview with them the next day.