Cytec Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cytec Interview Questions

Interviews at Cytec

2.9

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cytec in October 2014.

Interview

This interview was one of the more frustrating ones I have experienced. The entire process took more than 2 months.

Step 1: Head hunting recruiters (chosen by CYTEC) called me and screened me
    Step 2: Head hunting recrutiers BOSS called me and screened me
    Step 3: Head hunting recruiter gets back and does a SECOND screen
    Step 4: Head hunting recruiter boss called me and screened me a SECOND time
    Step 5: Head hunting recruiters coordinate interview with manager at CYTEC
    Step 6: Interview with manager at CYTEC
    Step 7: Head hunting recruiters coordinate interview with a SECOND manager at CYTEC
    Step 8: Interview with another manager at CYTEC
    Step 9: Head hunting recruiters take a 2 week break..........
    Step 10: Head hunting recruiters coordinate a site interview
    Step 11: Go on site interview in south east texas
    Step 12: Head hunting recruiters coordinate another site interview in Connecticut.

Step 13: At this point, my patience has ran out and I declined any further games that they wanted to play.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a difficult situation with a client...   Answer Question

This company seems like they don't even know what/who they want. Very disorganized hiring process. No confidence in the company or management.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cytec.

Interview

Two on one interview with supervisor and supervisor's boss. Very general questions regarding background and experience.
    Questions:
    Tell us a bit about yourself.
    What industry would you most like to work in?
    What lab experience do you have?
    Describe a project you had difficulty on and how you overcame it.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project you had difficulty on and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Havre de Grace, MD

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cytec (Havre de Grace, MD) in March 2013.

Interview

Hired as a contractor through a 3rd party. It was stated that the position was temp-to-perm. However the management changed multiple times so there was no one driving the addition of the position.

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. The pay was stated prior to my agreeing to the interview.

Safety Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cytec.

Interview

Behavioral interview questions, several very specific to the role and current problems and requested an on the spot solution. Interview was with Plant Manager and HR member. HR member was VERY difficult to impress.

CONTROL Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cytec (Anaheim, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Interview was with human resources and supervisors.
    Drug and Physical tests were done at two different facilities. Miles apart from each other took at least a 4 hours to complete both tests including drive time.
    Had to do a lot of computer safety video tutorials before actually starting physical work.

Operations Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Willow Island, WV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cytec (Willow Island, WV) in January 2013.

Interview

I did a phone interview than an in person interview. The phone interview was with the technical manager. The in person interview involved the plant manager, human resource manager, technical manager, production superintendent, and safety manager. It was similar to any other interview. The most important part was to know technical information, prove I knew my processes, and prove I could fit in well.

Director of Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sidney, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cytec (Sidney, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

It was very thorough. I met with each member of management on an individual basis versus a panel interview, and I appreciate that approach much better. They used an interviewing technique called Targeted Selection that requires the candidate to give individual examples of each of their responses in an actual setting type format.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a major plant issue that had come up and how were you able to resolve it?   1 Answer

QA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cytec (Greenville, TX).

Interview

Met with various members of different departments face to face and presented my resume. They were impressed with qualifications , experience and integrity. They presented me positive feedback, answered my questions in a professional manner.

Interview Questions

• Why do you seek employment with our company?   1 Answer

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parkersburg, WV

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cytec (Parkersburg, WV) in February 2013.

Interview

Initially, I had applied online to this position through my university's career services website. A month later, Cytec announced it was coming to my university's career fair and emailed me with a set time and date for the interview -- which was the day after the career fair. They held an info session the night of the career fair where they explained what their company was about and what products they made.

The interview itself was fairly laid back. The questions asked were not very behavioral type of interviewing questions. Felt that I had left a fairly good impression, but of course they cannot hire everyone they interview.

Production Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sidney, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cytec (Sidney, OH) in April 2014.

Interview

Interview with HR and Production Manager. After interview a plant tour that lasted about 15 minutes. I received a call from HR 3 days later to come in for a second interview with a different dept Manager and HR rep. I was offered a conditional position a week later upon completing a background check, drug screen and physical. This took about 2 weeks to complete and start orientation.