D. E. Shaw India Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at D. E. Shaw India

3.4

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at D. E. Shaw India (New York, NY) in September 2019.

Interview

Bad experience of telephonic interview.
    Pros: They gave me a call on time.
    Cons : I gave interview for the technical recruiter role but I wasn't aware Non-technical recruiter will take my first telephonic round. That to call only last for 12mins. He was more focusing to understand my current company's hierarchy. Did not ask me a single question related to my current work and the hiring i have done till now.

Interview Questions

• Did not ask me a any question related to the work i am currently doing.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at D. E. Shaw India.

Interview

It was a campus interview - written test - analytical, technical, and writing an algorithm. It was then followed by two technical interviews - 1 hour each. The interviewers were very nice and were knowledgable. Questions asked were very difficult - mostly questions for. Your area of expertise. Over all very good interview experience.

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at D. E. Shaw India (Hyderabad (India)) in January 2020.

Interview

Lengthy process. Has multiple rounds of interviews. Ranges in between 6-8 rounds. Very tough in terms of the what they look out for. Different members from different teams will interview you.

Technology Interview

Interview

2-3 rounds-video, numerical and in-person-HR and technical.
    Data Structures, Algorithms, Networks, Java, SQL and RDBMS . HR was typical STAR pattern questions. Learn about data structures and prepare for aptitude

Financial Research Analyst Interview

Interview

The interviewers were fine but they were very late to the place of hiring and we candidates had to wait hours to take the interview. At the end of the tedious interview, I was told that I was waitlisted and that I would get an official email from them but never got it. When I called them up almost a year asking about the same, they told me that they had no records of me being waitlisted, which was very disappointing.

Finance Associate Interview

Interview

Only gave the aptitude test, medium to difficult questions. Very well organised but and had a mike testing setting the previous day before the test. My friend works there and I have heard it's one of the best places to work at.

Intern Interview

Interview

First, they had an online qualification round. Qualified students were called for face to face interview. They asked hard system design and OOPs questions. They didn't ask any DSA questions to me but I heard they were pretty good too.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at D. E. Shaw India (New Delhi (India)) in October 2019.

Interview

test+gd+interviews
    test was based on LRDI
    gd current affairs
    interview was mostly cv based questions hr round with greater emphasis on current affairs and general understanding of finance mrkets and they are likely to ask favourite subject and will check with basics

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pilani (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at D. E. Shaw India (Pilani (India)) in September 2019.

Interview

Interview for software development intern. The interview consisted of 3 round. Round 1 being online round consisting of coding and aptitude questions. Round 2 was face to face interview consisting of dsa, oop and dbms question. Round 3 was similar to round 2. The interviewers were friendly and fair.

Interview Questions

• How willl you implement a task scheduler (like one in the operating systems) if every task has some dependencies?   Answer Question

Reinsurance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at D. E. Shaw India (Hyderabad (India)) in September 2019.

Interview

REally pathetic and long. there were 3 telephone interview and post that they call you for in-person interviews at hyderabad office. Team members are so old stagnant backward thinking style people, they will conduct the same interview in person with the same person. Sort of illogically wasting of time.

Meanwhile the job role is posted again when you are invited for final round which too isnt great. There were 2 working hours wasted waiting for people in office who start their day at 12pm and then abruptly calling off the rest interviews with HR coz they are too busy. In summary pathetic experince with this team. Sounded so intimidated by knowlegable candidates and too careless to value others.

Be aware to get into this trap called DE shaw whose glittering offices and pay won't keep you satisfied for too long unless you are the unprofessional naive kindof person who wants to be rooted in their local office like their team forever.

Careful and be never a loyal interviewee to them Because they are probably plotting against you. There is no point applying or showing interest. They will not get you into their team unless they know their old backward thinking is not challenged and they are in safer positions. No growth or any rise expected. poor management.
    If you prefer to be rotten in the environment for decades do join these guys, else smart ones steer clear!

Interview Questions

• Where are you working and how did you get that role. Who is the finance minister of india. and some random unrelated stuff.   Answer Question