D. E. Shaw India Interview Questions | Glassdoor

D. E. Shaw India Interview Questions

Updated Aug 29, 2017

3.4

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at D. E. Shaw India.

Interview

It was a campus interview - written test - analytical, technical, and writing an algorithm. It was then followed by two technical interviews - 1 hour each. The interviewers were very nice and were knowledgable. Questions asked were very difficult - mostly questions for. Your area of expertise. Over all very good interview experience.

Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Surat (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at D. E. Shaw India (Surat (India)) in July 2017.

Interview

There was an aptitude test first, followed by 2 technical interviews and a HR interview.
    Aptitude test constituted of 20 technical question(computer science) and 20 quantitative and analytical abilities. Technical round was based on your problem solving abilities and moderate level data structures and algorithms.

Interview Questions

• Question were mainly based on real life technical issues that could be solved using data structures and algorithms. Data management and processing was there primary concern. Moreover they were focussing on your problem solving skills.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at D. E. Shaw India (New Delhi (India)) in July 2017.

Interview

There was an online test on HackerRank comprising of 1 coding question, 10 aptitude questions, 10 CS fundamentals questions, 10 systems questions. 20 were selected out of 170. Then there was 1 technical round and 1 HR round of interviews. 7 were shortlisted for a final interview, after which 2 were given an internship offer.

Interview Questions

• Estimate the amount fuel consumed in Delhi per day.   1 Answer

Member Technical Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at D. E. Shaw India (Hyderabad (India)) in May 2017.

Interview

I got referred by a friend.
    Total 7 rounds.
    3 telephonic interviews
    4 in house interviews.
    Overall it was very smooth process.
    5 Technical Rounds
    1 HR Round
    1 Round of Normal Discussion of the role and about company.

Interview Questions

• Covered all topics of computer science(DSA, OS, SQL Queries, OOPs, etc)   Answer Question

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at D. E. Shaw India (Hyderabad (India)) in May 2017.

Interview

Very unclear process. Started with a Telephonic (hackerrank codepair) interview which got rescheduled multiple times. Then the result is not immediately shared - had to wait one week to get any kind of response from them. Then followed by 5 rounds of onsite ( in the office )

They are never frank and open through out the process - not clearly stating what they are looking for and what the job role exactly is. Instead they spread the questions across all continents and expect us to know and do everything. Even after answering everything perfectly you never know how and why you get rejected - especially after wasting multiple days attending their interviews which get rescheduled at last minute.

Talent Acquisition Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at D. E. Shaw India (Hyderabad (India)).

Interview

Firstly being a women, i was interviewed at De shaw hyderabad, interviewed for the position of campus hiring, since i already been working for a investment banking in Mumbai got relocated back to hyderabad. Had 7 rounds of interviews, first a telephonic discussion with global director which lasted for 45 minutes. Then the hr called me next day told me to come to thier office and attend discussion, went at 9 am in tge morning and all my interview were completed on same day, i came out of the office at 8 pm the eving, thy grilled me on my past experiences and subjects ,

Interview Questions

• what sort of hiring u have done, how many colleges u visited   1 Answer

Graduate Software Developer Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at D. E. Shaw India.

Interview

2 technical + 1 hr + 1 technical which did not happen. Hyderabad. No reimbursement only flight and cab provided. Hedge fund takes in only the best. How do I write 30?

Talent Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at D. E. Shaw India (Hyderabad (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

One telephonic round and four interviews during the in-house. Long and structured interviews with the emphasis on CV. Situational questions. For some reason, they were all very interested in why I was wearing so many astrological rings.

Talent Acquisition Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at D. E. Shaw India (Hyderabad (India)).

Interview

Initially at the orientation it was said that anyone willing to join the company irrespective of their background is always welcome. So after I got through the GD I was all set for my interview. The HR in the middle of my interview had to change the room due to some internal issues. It took about 30min and later that I was asked irrelevant questions. Despite saying I'm looking for a concrete job, the HR seemed annoyed for some God forsaken reason and didn't comprehend well and told me to get back to my old job. I'm a student holding MBA in HR and a behavior like that for an aspiring HR like me went offbeat. I knew I'd make a great asset to their organization but the HR was a moron.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between talent acquisition and recruitment? In fact this was the only relevant question asked through the interview.   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at D. E. Shaw India.

Interview

The interview was good, concise, asked relevant question but they delay a little when they have to inform the candidate whether it may be a yes or a no. If they have said that it will take 4 day, take a week to get back to the candidate not 1 month.