D. E. Shaw India Interview Questions | Glassdoor

D. E. Shaw India Interview Questions

Updated Dec 7, 2017

3.4

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at D. E. Shaw India.

Interview

It was a campus interview - written test - analytical, technical, and writing an algorithm. It was then followed by two technical interviews - 1 hour each. The interviewers were very nice and were knowledgable. Questions asked were very difficult - mostly questions for. Your area of expertise. Over all very good interview experience.

MT Interview

Interview

Amazing people and great experience in the process of getting an interview done in the office in Hyderabad. they have great technical acumen and do an excellent job in the interview process

Senior Executive - TA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at D. E. Shaw India (Hyderabad (India)) in November 2017.

Interview

Worst company ever I have been interviewed. HR are so unprofessional that they rescheduled interview 4 times without any prior notice. Secondly they are never serious about good candidates rather they want to hire candidate with less experience and marginally low on skills. I was surprised when I was interviewed by an executive who had recently joined where as the interview was scheduled with manager.

Before joining this firm I strictly advocate to all candidates with mature skills not to waste time on them. Otherwise you would feel bad about it.

Another instance that happened was of structuring false expectation where in they said i am eligible for two roles. I can’t buy their logic though and feel I completely wasted my time on them I.e, 30-40 days

Interview Questions

• The executive on the call did not even know what to ask as she was firing questions from all over the place. She was interested in knowing my expertise in newer technology like AI, Digital, IoT, Salesforce etc

But she had no clue what I was referring to. I feel I wasted my energy above all on the call.   Answer Question

Talent Acquisition Specialist Interview

Interview

The process consisted of a brief telephonic interview followed by a series of interviews in the Hyderabad office. While the overall interview process was okay, would like to highlight a few interesting things. During one of the interviews, the interviewer(Somehow the interviewers don't introduce themselves, or their profile in the company) asked me what my strengths are. On answering ownership, innovation; he told me that he would like to test my claims via an exercise. The exercise turned out to be -"Estimate the litres of diesel consumed in Delhi per day". Now, I have a few concerns with this. 1. The question was what they usually ask in interviews, the same question was mentioned by another interviewee on glassdoor itself. How was then, that supposed to 'test' my claims? 2. This typical guess estimation problem has no connection with either innovation or ownership. It's a question that he had to ask anyway. 3. The expectation was to assume(correctly) numbers like delhi's population etc. I don't understand how the answer to this question was supposed to predict my job performance? Thought this is a highly outdated method of interviewing. Another interesting fact- They were highly interested in getting to my 'one big achievement' i.e. 'masterpiece'. When saying that there are a few and not just one, they seemed to be highly disappointed. Lastly, at the end of the interview, I was invited to ask questions of him. I asked how they managed to get the best talent. To this question, I received varied responses. Response no. 1- You just went through the entire process. Why would you ask a question like that? Response No. 2- I'm sorry I can't reveal that. That's our secret sauce. :) Overall, not a very pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Estimate the litres of diesel consumed in delhi per day   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at D. E. Shaw India in August 2017.

Interview

Initial shortlisting was done based on minimum CGPA requirement . Further shortlisting based on online test in the hackerrank platform . Interviews on fundamentals of Programming language and networking questions .

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at D. E. Shaw India (Chennai (India)) in August 2017.

Interview

There was a very intrusive online exam, after which only 7 out of 150 were selected.
    On the date of interview , there was delay on their side.
    Only one candidate got selected

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roorkee (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at D. E. Shaw India (Roorkee (India)) in August 2017.

Interview

First there was an online round consisting of two coding questions followed by two technical rounds and finally an HR round. The technical rounds were really good testing on our fundamentals and the HR round was tricky . Online round will be a bit easy for a pro-coder.

Interview Questions

• The questions covered data strictures , OOP , Operating Systems and DBMS . The difficulty of the questions was above average.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Surat (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at D. E. Shaw India (Surat (India)) in July 2017.

Interview

There was an aptitude test first, followed by 2 technical interviews and a HR interview.
    Aptitude test constituted of 20 technical question(computer science) and 20 quantitative and analytical abilities. Technical round was based on your problem solving abilities and moderate level data structures and algorithms.

Interview Questions

• Question were mainly based on real life technical issues that could be solved using data structures and algorithms. Data management and processing was there primary concern. Moreover they were focussing on your problem solving skills.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at D. E. Shaw India (New Delhi (India)) in July 2017.

Interview

There was an online test on HackerRank comprising of 1 coding question, 10 aptitude questions, 10 CS fundamentals questions, 10 systems questions. 20 were selected out of 170. Then there was 1 technical round and 1 HR round of interviews. 7 were shortlisted for a final interview, after which 2 were given an internship offer.

Interview Questions

• Estimate the amount fuel consumed in Delhi per day.   1 Answer

Member Technical Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at D. E. Shaw India (Hyderabad (India)) in May 2017.

Interview

I got referred by a friend.
    Total 7 rounds.
    3 telephonic interviews
    4 in house interviews.
    Overall it was very smooth process.
    5 Technical Rounds
    1 HR Round
    1 Round of Normal Discussion of the role and about company.

Interview Questions

• Covered all topics of computer science(DSA, OS, SQL Queries, OOPs, etc)   Answer Question