D. E. Shaw India Interview Questions | Glassdoor

D. E. Shaw India Interview Questions

Updated Mar 4, 2017

3.4

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at D. E. Shaw India.

Interview

It was a campus interview - written test - analytical, technical, and writing an algorithm. It was then followed by two technical interviews - 1 hour each. The interviewers were very nice and were knowledgable. Questions asked were very difficult - mostly questions for. Your area of expertise. Over all very good interview experience.

Talent Acquisition Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at D. E. Shaw India (Hyderabad (India)).

Interview

Firstly being a women, i was interviewed at De shaw hyderabad, interviewed for the position of campus hiring, since i already been working for a investment banking in Mumbai got relocated back to hyderabad. Had 7 rounds of interviews, first a telephonic discussion with global director which lasted for 45 minutes. Then the hr called me next day told me to come to thier office and attend discussion, went at 9 am in tge morning and all my interview were completed on same day, i came out of the office at 8 pm the eving, thy grilled me on my past experiences and subjects ,

Interview Questions

• what sort of hiring u have done, how many colleges u visited   1 Answer

Graduate Software Developer Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at D. E. Shaw India.

Interview

2 technical + 1 hr + 1 technical which did not happen. Hyderabad. No reimbursement only flight and cab provided. Hedge fund takes in only the best. How do I write 30?

Talent Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at D. E. Shaw India (Hyderabad (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

One telephonic round and four interviews during the in-house. Long and structured interviews with the emphasis on CV. Situational questions. For some reason, they were all very interested in why I was wearing so many astrological rings.

Talent Acquisition Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at D. E. Shaw India (Hyderabad (India)).

Interview

Initially at the orientation it was said that anyone willing to join the company irrespective of their background is always welcome. So after I got through the GD I was all set for my interview. The HR in the middle of my interview had to change the room due to some internal issues. It took about 30min and later that I was asked irrelevant questions. Despite saying I'm looking for a concrete job, the HR seemed annoyed for some God forsaken reason and didn't comprehend well and told me to get back to my old job. I'm a student holding MBA in HR and a behavior like that for an aspiring HR like me went offbeat. I knew I'd make a great asset to their organization but the HR was a moron.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between talent acquisition and recruitment? In fact this was the only relevant question asked through the interview.   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at D. E. Shaw India.

Interview

The interview was good, concise, asked relevant question but they delay a little when they have to inform the candidate whether it may be a yes or a no. If they have said that it will take 4 day, take a week to get back to the candidate not 1 month.

Member Technical Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pilani (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at D. E. Shaw India (Pilani (India)).

Interview

on campus interview.
    three rounds...two technical and one hr.
    first technical based on data structures and algorithms and puzzles.
    second based on oop and computer organization.
    friendly hr and simple hr round overall nice experience.

Senior Technology Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at D. E. Shaw India (Hyderabad (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

Process started with one telephonic interview, which was for around 30 35 mins In which I was asked about my current job role and interviewer asked me 2 problem solving question related to recursion, next day I got a call from HR that last round went well and I was asked for face to face interviews in D E Shaw Hyderabad office, there I had total 5 rounds (4 tech rounds + 1 HR round). 1st round was started with one use case study which I needed to solve on desktop in given 1.5 hours of time,
    basically all 4 tech rounds were more focused on my approach of solving any problem, although I was asked to write code as well, but I do not think that we have to 100% correct on code side, also in each round there was one puzzle question as well.

After a week I got call that all interviewers feedback are positive, and I was asked for my expected salary and after investing this much of time with a company like D E Shaw (which is known for its pay) at the end its was disappointment for me, as HR couldn't understand my expectation and they offered me less than what I am already earning, (its common sense that no one will tell expected salary equal to or less than his/her current earnings)

Interview Questions

• Q. You have to design one software for parking lot, in which user can book slots for up to next three months. (similar to bookmyshow kind of thing.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Patiala (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at D. E. Shaw India (Patiala (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

One preliminary round which included 2 coding questions as well as objective questions from Aptitude (Medium to tough) level and fundamental of computers ( Easy) from DS, OOPS, DBMS etc.

This was followed by 3 rounds including 1 HR round for the shortlisted students from the online test, Each round being an elimination round. In the final tech round only 5 students remained (me being one of them) and after the round 1 among us was offered the role/

Interview Questions

• Project Discussion (thorough), Basic questions from Trees (level order and variation)   Answer Question
    • , Discussion on Graph Theory and questions on that, Deep dive in OOPs concepts   Answer Question

Quality Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coimbatore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at D. E. Shaw India (Coimbatore (India)) in July 2016.

Interview

First was aptitude - 20 -> quant(20 mins) and 20 -> coding questions(40 mins). First round was very difficult to crack. I went till third round. Second round was face-to-face technical, in which, they asked from DS, OOPS, os and C concepts. Second round was general HR, from which they shortlisted 4 students for next round.

Interview Questions

• Sorting 0's and 1's in an array.   1 Answer