D.R. Horton Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 10, 2017

2.5

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temple, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at D.R. Horton (Temple, TX).

Interview

Applied online and then received a call a few days later about setting up a face-to-face interview. The interview was with the current Marketing Coordinator and her boss. Standard interview questions with a few tricky ones thrown in the mix.

Interview Questions

• How would you market Dr. Horton in you took on this position?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at D.R. Horton.

Interview

Stopped by a office my luck the manager was there and interviewed for about 15 minutes ... he gave me his card and said to "maybe send my resume" and I did and got emailed for a second round ... simple questions a week later still waiting

Marketing Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at D.R. Horton (Fort Worth, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Don't even bother with this company. If you apply directly, noone from HR will contact you back - NEVER. Their internal recruiters are so bad, they hire multiple 3rd party agencies to help fill roles, but if you are "in their system" you don't qualify to be submitted. Move on and dont waste your time. The added bonus us their pay is not even remotely competitive unless you are used to being underpaid and desperate.

Interview Questions

• Describe a conflict you had with a former coworker and how you solved it.   1 Answer

IT Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Myrtle Beach, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at D.R. Horton (Myrtle Beach, SC) in November 2016.

Interview

It is a three interview process,the first is the IT Manager, second with City Manager, and last with the Division's CFO. They are very nice and the company has a friendly environment, but their way of not offering jobs is to not email or call the interviewees. This almost cost me an offer with another firm waiting on them. Luckily I was able to accept the offer at the last hour from the other firm.Overall the experience was below average, but It could be worse if the HR personnel was not on the ball. HR was the only one carrying the load when it came down to communicating with the interviewees. When I did talk to management during the interviews, they seem very nice and cared a lot about the company. If the firm improves the interview process a little, it will easily be an above average experience.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with hardware?   1 Answer

Junior Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at D.R. Horton (Arlington, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview with Area Sales Manager to talk about the company's needs and my interest in the company. Virginia/MD/DC
    Then I had an interview with a Community Sales Representative.
    Then I had a formal interview with Vice President of Sales and Area Sales Manager.
    I have not heard anything yet. I say no news is good news. I have been checking in via e-mail weekly. It has been a 4 week process.
    I hope I find out soon as I am getting other job offers and still need to pack, and move.

Interview Questions

• How much do you know about the company?   1 Answer

Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kirkland, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at D.R. Horton (Kirkland, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied on their company website and got a response two days later for a job interview via the phone. The email process was fine; the interviewer was 20 minutes late to the interview that she set the time for, and very abrupt/short/rushed sounding the entire time. I felt I learned a lot about their company and the position, etc., so at least that was good. The company itself sounds like it's great to work for, but maybe not that specific office. The interviewer was clearly interested in me - loved my experience, etc. But then immediately after I told her my salary expectations (which I told her I was open to negotiating depending on the package deal offered as well), she immediately told me that even though I have great experience and a great resume, etc., she was looking to hire someone for substantially less... something to the effect of "you have the right amount of experience but we don't want to pay you as much, so we'd be open to hiring someone more junior so we don't have to pay them." Maybe it was just the way she worded it, but it sounded like she was more interested in the person being in her budget (not that she was paying them fairly or market value for the position that she was hiring for)... especially because she admit that I was asking for a fair amount given my experience level. Overall, it was moderately easy interview process, but the interviewer definitely rubbed me the wrong way. I would not apply to work for them again, at least in that office; sounds like each of the offices are run individually.

Interview Questions

• Mostly just very generic questions like what's your experience, do you think this type of job and environment suits you well.   Answer Question

Junior Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at D.R. Horton (Fort Worth, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

30 minute phone screening and 1 hour Face to face interview. They were expecting a ninja even though the position says junior to entry level Developer. Face to face interview was taken by Manager and an Architect, started asking questions without even saying a Hi.

Interview Questions

• Predicting output looking at the html and css code, designing table with relations for a given requirement.   Answer Question

Construction Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at D.R. Horton (Tampa, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

relaxed, professional. I knew the VP of Construction from a previous employer so it was smooth. He was concerned for my commute. Asked me questions regarding previous postions and what I had learned from them and how they would help me now. Wanted to know how I handled the Market collapse of 08 and how did I feel about the current market.

Interview Questions

• what are my long and short term goals, what are your strong points, what are your weak points   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at D.R. Horton (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

It was very relaxed and laid back. They asked quite a few construction based questions as well as a lot of questions on my self and my background. The panel was very easy to talk to, only con was that they made it out to seem like they were 100% offering me a position and then I was never contacted back from them.

Interview Questions

• Why are manhole covers round?   1 Answer

New Home Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at D.R. Horton (Atlanta, GA) in January 2016.

Interview

I didn't get the job but the interview process was very simple. I was told that I wasn't a good fit at this time and was advised to reapply at a later time. I know where I went wrong and may reapply in the future. If you know anything about selling a new home and can describe how you procure and close a sale you should be a good candidate.

Interview Questions

• How do you overcome objections and get a commitment from a prospect? How do you go about building a rapport with a prospect?   Answer Question