D2L Interview Questions | Glassdoor

D2L Interview Questions

Interviews at D2L

2.8

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at D2L in April 2019.

Interview

Extremely professional and accountable. I interviewed with the HR Recruiter and she gave me feedback and next steps which she followed to a "t". I then met with the hiring manager and then the CRO all over Zoom. I also got a chance to meet with a peer from the team I would be joining. The final step was a panel interview with a presentation on a possible sales strategy for a prospect.

Interview Questions

D2L Response

Jun 5, 2019 – Senior Corporate Recruiter

Thanks for taking the time to give your feedback. So glad we were able to give you a positive and engaging interview experience that made you confident in coming aboard. We're so happy you decided to... More

Senior Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at D2L (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Spoke with recruiter, then a couple weeks went by to coordinate with director, then interviewed with a VP. Job I was originally screened for by HR recruiter changed during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about my resume, asked me if I had any questions about the job. Asked me what job I was interviewing for...asked me if I researched the company.   Answer Question

Senior Customer Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at D2L in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online on March 15. Received an email from HR inviting me for a phone screen interview with hiring manager directly on March 24. But three days later, I received an email informing me that I would speak with HR recruiter first. Call scheduled for March 28. Spent 20 min over the phone going over experience and expectations. Since the headquarter is in Canada and I was based in the Silicon Valley the recruiter knew that there might be a huge gap in salary as the position can be remote. The company offers some great products but the market is very competitive and new entrants came after them and beat them. So the company might not have a very competitive advantage after all. I wanted to know more but the HR remained vague. No real strategy for global expansion.

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at D2L (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

A quick call with HR person. She didn't seem to know what she was asking. Said I would rec a call back to let me know the next step, but no follow-up.

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at D2L in January 2018.

Interview

Several phone calls and Zoom meetings with product team members. Was flown to office in Kitchener for several in-person meetings. Mostly 1:1 discussions with a few group panels.

Interview Questions

• Focused on product management processes and how you go about them in your current role. How you work type questions. Nothing crazy.   Answer Question

Software Developer (Co-op) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at D2L in April 2011.

Interview

I was scheduled to have an interview with one individual over the phone. The interview was late and when he arrived, he didn't appear to be taking the interview seriously. While asking interview questions, he was busy giggling and chatting with another co-worker. Half way through the interview, he passed the phone to his co-worker at which point his co-worker was laughing and asking questions! Overall, the interview was a joke. Thankfully, there are other more serious companies that were willing and able to conduct a professional interview. I was later interviewed by IBM and offered a job.

Interview Questions

• How would you design software to scan grocery items at a grocery store   Answer Question

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kitchener, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at D2L (Kitchener, ON (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

First round - call. The interviewer called me and started first off with asking me about myself/my experience. Continued on to ask why I wanted to work at D2L, what I thought a Community Manager did, etc.

Overall it was a simple interview that I was not fully prepared for, which was my own issue. Second round of interviews would've been a face-to-face interview, followed by a presentation.

Interview Questions

• What can you contribute?, What would your typical day look like?   Answer Question

Lead Generation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kitchener, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at D2L (Kitchener, ON (Canada)) in December 2009.

Interview

Had a consulting project with Desire2Learn in my last year of Undergrad, and wrote to my contact there soon after I graduated looking for a job that might be a good fit. They told me there would be one coming up in a few months, and 3-mon later I have an interview with the Manager of the Team. From there I had a call from HR asking a few questions and I started soon after that. From initial inquiry to first day on the job was about 5-months

Interview Questions

• Questions about my fails/ poor grades on my transcript   1 Answer

Negotiation

1 interview with Manager, call from HR, and job offer, all within 2 months time span

Software Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kitchener, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at D2L (Kitchener, ON (Canada)) in May 2012.

Interview

The first round was a presentation and then I had a face to face interview. Had positive feedback on both accounts. Interviewers were very knowledgeable and friendly.

They had very good questions and were also willing to share information on how the company and department functioned.

Interview Questions

• how would you handle a situation with people having different learning styles ?   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kitchener, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at D2L (Kitchener, ON (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

I went to a job fair and the recruiter told me to go "apply online", which was useless to me because I already knew that. I was hoping to connect with somebody. I did apply online, no luck.

One job fair later, I connected with an actual hiring manager who invited me for an interview. First was a telephone behavioural interview which started rocky: the HR person was late in calling me by about 30 minutes. When I followed up via voicemail and email to check in, I was told they would have to reschedule me and pushed me to the next day... my question is why didn't they just send me a note about that instead of me sitting by the phone?

After the standard behavioural interview, I was invited to "cold call" a client and then present the products to them. That was kind of fun, but I was already turned off by my initial two negative experiences with HR (job fair + late phone call)

Interview Questions

• D2L has a competitor who arguably does X better. Why should I choose D2L?   1 Answer