D2L Interview Questions | Glassdoor

D2L Interview Questions

Updated Nov 6, 2017

2.9

Senior Customer Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at D2L in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online on March 15. Received an email from HR inviting me for a phone screen interview with hiring manager directly on March 24. But three days later, I received an email informing me that I would speak with HR recruiter first. Call scheduled for March 28. Spent 20 min over the phone going over experience and expectations. Since the headquarter is in Canada and I was based in the Silicon Valley the recruiter knew that there might be a huge gap in salary as the position can be remote. The company offers some great products but the market is very competitive and new entrants came after them and beat them. So the company might not have a very competitive advantage after all. I wanted to know more but the HR remained vague. No real strategy for global expansion.

Senior Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at D2L (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Spoke with recruiter, then a couple weeks went by to coordinate with director, then interviewed with a VP. Job I was originally screened for by HR recruiter changed during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about my resume, asked me if I had any questions about the job. Asked me what job I was interviewing for...asked me if I researched the company.   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at D2L (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

A quick call with HR person. She didn't seem to know what she was asking. Said I would rec a call back to let me know the next step, but no follow-up.

Software Developer (Co-op) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at D2L in April 2011.

Interview

I was scheduled to have an interview with one individual over the phone. The interview was late and when he arrived, he didn't appear to be taking the interview seriously. While asking interview questions, he was busy giggling and chatting with another co-worker. Half way through the interview, he passed the phone to his co-worker at which point his co-worker was laughing and asking questions! Overall, the interview was a joke. Thankfully, there are other more serious companies that were willing and able to conduct a professional interview. I was later interviewed by IBM and offered a job.

Interview Questions

• How would you design software to scan grocery items at a grocery store   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at D2L (Waterloo, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Phone Interview. The interviewer was pretty nice. The interview has taken about 15 minutes. I think I did not get the offer just because I was way too nervous.

Interview Questions

• Given email addresses, how to get names and domains by using excel?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at D2L in September 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a HR person for less than a 30 minutes. She mentioned she is forwarding my resume to the hiring manager. After 2 weeks I got an email saying they moved forward with other candidates in the process.

Interview Questions

• Normal behavioural questions, 1) Top 3 skills you are bringing to the company, 2) How did you find out about the company/job, 3) Previous experience   Answer Question

Enterprise Applications Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kitchener, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at D2L (Kitchener, ON (Canada)) in July 2017.

Interview

3 parts: Phone with HR (30 mins), meeting with direct manager (1 hour), meeting with senior team members + a primary stakeholder in role (2 hours).

The phone interview was relaxed and simple, predictable questions. Process was very quick, with in the person interview the day after phone, then the 3rd the day after that.

Very nice and welcoming interviewers, and very professional.

Interview Questions

• What do we do here?   1 Answer
    • Why did you apply at D2L?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time you had a challenge implementing a system, and how you dealt with that.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kitchener, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at D2L (Kitchener, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by e-mail 2 days after applying online, asking when I'd be available for a phone interview. I set up a time using an online tool that they linked me to. The interview was with a person from HR. The interviewer was kind and professional. The questions asked were all non-technical.

After the interview was finished, I received an e-mail exactly 1 week later telling me that they were pursuing other candidates.

Interview Questions

• - Tell me about yourself.
      - What do you know about our company?
      - What 3 things would you bring to the team?
      - What did you do at your last job that is relevant to this position?
      - Why are you/why did you leave your last job?
      - Do you have any questions for me?   Answer Question

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kitchener, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at D2L (Kitchener, ON (Canada)) in December 2016.

Interview

3 rounds: phone with HR, then online test with a developer, and onsite 3 hour interview. Questions are data structure/algorithm related, also 1 class diagram and 1 code review question. Overall it was a good experience. I thought I would get an offer but I didn't. Pretty disappointed

Interview Questions

• Mostly data structure and algorithm questions. Big O...   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at D2L (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

The first phone call was a few days after application submission. Then they gave me a take home task to do and then a 3-hour interview with the managers and developers.

Interview Questions

• Interviewers were super friendly and nice. Asked some questions regarding my resume and take-home test.   Answer Question