DAVIDsTEA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at DAVIDsTEA

2.3

ASM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at DAVIDsTEA (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Applied via the website and was contacted by a Store Manager, who said she was waiting to hear confirmation from the District Manager. Following the interview with that manager, I met the District Manager. Following that interview (and a week & a half wait), I was offered a position with the company.

Interview Questions

• What's one word to describe you?   3 Answers

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at DAVIDsTEA in January 2017.

Interview

The initial interview with the store manager was excellent. Even chatted with some of the store staff. Felt really positive going into the second interview with a district manager. This interview did not go as well, getting the vibe this person didn't like me as much as the others did. Was promised a follow up within a week. Sent a follow up email after hearing nothing for a week and a half, and never heard a response from them. If they had actually told me I didn't get the job I would have been understanding. I was just so disappointed to hear no response after a great interview process. Continue to be a fan of the product though. Please communicate with applicants!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your sales and management background.   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DAVIDsTEA in April 2017.

Interview

A phone screening followed by an one to one interview. I only went through the phone interview and I refused to go through further, because this company raised a lot of red flags. It was apparent during the interview that the company has high turnover and my interviewer mentioned, that he only got the manager job less than two months ago when the previous manager left, whom interviewed him for the assistant manager position role. Furthermore, there was concern about salary when he mentioned they couldn't even meet the current manager salary, that I received from my current employer. Moreover, the interviewer was very new to the job and it clearly showed since, the questions asked had nothing to do with the job. I found it also worrying that there was no clear answer about career development, work retention or turnover, and even about quotas since this is not a popular franchise and the store is often empty. I was very unclear how they made ends meet, and judging by the fact, that they immediately put an inexperienced person in a store manager position is not a good sign and clearly shows a desperation to fill management roles. Additionally, my interviewer was late for the interview and called from a private number which, is very strange for a phone interview and very unprofessional.

Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at DAVIDsTEA (Bloomington, MN) in December 2015.

Interview

Simple, interviewed at the store, behavioral based questions. Included a free tea to sip on during. Overall good experience, store manager was very friendly and attentive. Also included a group interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult manager?   Answer Question

Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Natick, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DAVIDsTEA (Natick, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

Very friendly and casual. One phone interview and and one in-person interview. They are looking for prior retail experience in an environment where you needed to meet sales goals and other metrics.

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Halifax, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at DAVIDsTEA (Halifax, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

team interview, then individual interview , the team interview we were asked to bring an item that "described us". individual interview was more relaxed, and a get to know each other style

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DAVIDsTEA in May 2018.

Interview

Applied through website and was swiftly contacted by Market Manager for interview. I then had phone interviews with District Manager, followed by US HR Manager and US Director. This was one of the hardest interviews I had ever had, but I do feel the managers care about hiring the best people that they can given the freedom they give us to run our own small business.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DAVIDsTEA (Boston, MA).

Interview

I had a phone interview with the recruiter, then an in person with the DM. I had a phone interview with the recruiter, then an in person with the DM.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at DAVIDsTEA (Seattle, WA) in April 2016.

Interview

3 interviews, all over the phone. I didn't meet my hiring manager until the Store was opening . Great online training. I would have liked to see more investment in the process. There were no reference checks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your opportunities and how you overcome those daily.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DAVIDsTEA (Palo Alto, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview was done in the location where everyone can hear your interview and there was no privacy. For such a position normally you are taken to the office or out of the premises. Pass all interviews, you get 3. But to hear if I got the position it too 4 weeks with an email. It was so informal and strange. I knew I had a great interview and was more then qualified.

Interview Questions

• Why you want to work at David's Tea?   1 Answer