DLA Piper Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DLA Piper Interview Questions

Interviews at DLA Piper

Sort:

Conflicts Analyst Interview

Interview

The video interview process was a bit intimidating. I'm not sure it gave a fair representation of me as a candidate. You are given less than a minute to prep for your question before it begins recording, but once you get going, you cannot pause it. Questions were pretty standard, but I think a phone interview would have been more beneficial.

Other Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DLA Piper in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process involved multiple interviews interspersed across a time frame of several weeks. The initial interview was a phone screen conducted by a Human Resources Recruiter. The interviews themselves were not atypical. However, after spending several hours engaged in a process that took over a month, a response - whether negative or positive - would have been both appreciated and professional.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at DLA Piper (Palo Alto, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process was done by submitting my resume and then contacted by HR department with a video interview, and then I was contacted to proceed to the next steps.
    The next steps were that you had to complete the company's test assessments.
    Then upon comlpetion of the tests you will be notified if they are interested in moving forward

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DLA Piper (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

The screening interview was a typical on campus screening interview. A feeler. The interviewer was candid that my background leaned towards an area other than the practice group the firm was hiring for. He was very nice and we had a great interview, ultimately, I just didn't have as much experience as other applicants.

Associate Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DLA Piper (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

It was a rewarding experience. The interviewer was very friendly. The interview didn't last long but the conversations were so in depth that it gave me the perception of a 2 hour interview.

Internship Interview

Interview

I had an interview over the companies own video interviewing process. The interview came up quickly after my application was sent in and was very laid back. Overall, I really enjoyed the process.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DLA Piper (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

The people that interviewed me were very friendly and personable. We talked about my previous work experience, life, and other relevant bullet points on my resume. After that we talked about mutual our interests, and why I wanted to be an intern specifically at DLA Piper. The entire thing lasted a little less than half an hour and I believe it went relatively well. The conversation went well and I was fortunate enough to be offered the internship position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you failed to meet a deadline. How did you respond?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Video interview. Very basic questions and very quick. Talked to a recruiter and they were very nice and helpful with the whole process. Questions were very standard and did not require much preparation.

Interview Questions

• What makes you qualified to work here?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DLA Piper.

Interview

Had 2 phone interviews before coming in for a personal interview at the office. The interview was laid back. Chatted for almost an hour, mostly about my past experience and technical skills. Received an offer a week later.

Interview Questions

• basic interview questions. What kind of experience do you have working with data? Talk about your class courses.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DLA Piper.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a digital interview, an in-person interview, and a reference check. After applying, I was given 48 hours to complete the digital interview, which I did. I didn't hear back from them for about 2 to 3 weeks and I followed-up. They then told me that based on my digital interview they would like to schedule an in-person interview. They asked for my availability in the coming week, which I gave them. At this time they also asked me to get the names of 5 references within 24 hours, which I did. Weeks went by and I didn't hear back from them with regards to scheduling the in-person interview. I followed up with them and they had the nerve to tell me that based on my resume and video interview, my application was not selected for further consideration. This was clearly false based on the fact that they moved me to the next step in the interview process. What was also irritating was the fact that I got 5 references under such great time constraints and they didn't take care in handling my application. From all of this, I got the impression that human resources is extremely disorganized, careless, and sloppy.