DLA Piper Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 31, 2017

2.9

Legal Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DLA Piper (Washington, DC).

Interview

The interview was a digital interview. It was pretty easy as it seemed like a normal phone interview that you may have with a recruiter. There were a total of 7 questions and you were given 30 seconds to prepare for each question. Once you have completed the digital interview you were sent a link to complete an online assessment. This skills assessment takes about 2-3 hours to complete as it analyzes your skill level.

Interview Questions

• During the interview they ask you to explain why you are the best candidate for the job (as most companies do.)   Answer Question

Conflicts Analyst Interview

Interview

The video interview process was a bit intimidating. I'm not sure it gave a fair representation of me as a candidate. You are given less than a minute to prep for your question before it begins recording, but once you get going, you cannot pause it. Questions were pretty standard, but I think a phone interview would have been more beneficial.

Case Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DLA Piper.

Interview

The interview was a digital interview. It was very awkward because I essentially was recording myself answering questions. It felt very disjointed and strange because there was no normal conversation flow as you would find in a normal phone for face to face interview. They give you 30 seconds to prep between each question asked.

Case Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at DLA Piper (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process is very unfair. Now I understands why so many people dont want to work there. You have to do a video interview that gives you less than a minute to answer some questions they ask you. You dont get to speak with anyone. Not even by phone. You cant re-record or fix something. 25 minutes to answer all those questions. then you get a test to see your skills using Microsoft and excel and only 25 minutes for each other the test and you cant use control or anything to answer the questions. It's very old fashion. This place needs to stop all those silly test and start doing in person interviews and actually taking the time to meet the people who want to work for them

Interview Questions

• Different questions and expect to answer them in less than a minute   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DLA Piper in May 2017.

Interview

Received an invitation with a link to a digital interview via email and another brief email from an HR specialist with additional instructions. The digital interview (recording yourself on a webcam) was impersonal and 30 seconds of prep wasn't nearly enough time. After submitting and sending a follow-up email to the HR person, I never heard back, not even for a rejection.

Director of Professional Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at DLA Piper (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I had a short screening interview, and a second interview with the person I would directly report to. I was then offered the job on the spot. There was no job description, which proved to be a problem once I became an employee.

Interview Questions

• Will you be happy in a job that requires a lot of adminstrative responsibilities?   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at DLA Piper.

Interview

I will say this my interview experience with DLA Piper was the most hands off and “interview” I have ever encountered. I applied to an opening on LinkedIn. I was sent an e-mail with a link inviting me to participate in a digital interview within 48 hours. The digital interview was so odd. I had only two minutes to answer prerecorded questions. I must have done something right, as I was sent an e-mail asking me for times for a video interview. I interviewed with two people (they did not tell me their locations or titles) and that was a very cold interview. Nobody smiled, I felt very uneasy. I was told that I would hear back about the next steps within a week. All I was sent a link to input my references. I had no point of contact, nobody to check in with. The whole process was so hands off. I have no idea if they even filed the position, but I did not leave with a good feeling.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at DLA Piper (Palo Alto, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process was done by submitting my resume and then contacted by HR department with a video interview, and then I was contacted to proceed to the next steps.
    The next steps were that you had to complete the company's test assessments.
    Then upon comlpetion of the tests you will be notified if they are interested in moving forward

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DLA Piper.

Interview

Received template email inviting me to interview via recorded video for marketing position. No personal interaction with anyone from the firm. The firm asks you to record yourself responding to pre-recorded questions but with no human interaction. Very impersonal interview process. Please take the time to actually speak with your candidates via phone. It really left a bad impression of the firm and takes the "human" out of human resources.

Legal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at DLA Piper (Austin, TX).

Interview

Applied Online. Was called in quickly for an interview. The interview was a few hours long with 4 different people. The job was not as described at all. A significant portion of the job involved other work wherein you were to be paid below scale yet expected to jump for it because its DLA. Not an honest approach from such a well-known law firm. I felt I was in a bait & switch situation. Not cool and takes advantage of job seekers.

Thank you notes & follow-up inquiries to interviewers/HR were ignored. If you aren't interested in hiring me, that's ok let me know and we can both move on. Seriously, how long does an email saying thanks but no thanks take to write? Keeping someone hanging or ignoring inquiries is just impolite and not respectful of all the time and effort that went in to preparing for an interview. Honestly, I wish I'd never bothered to apply.

p.s. The offices are quite pretty but the firm in general is way too impressed with itself. I wonder how much new business they get these days or are they just rolling on the old law firm model?