DNN Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DNN Interview Questions

Updated Feb 4, 2017

2.9

Sales Interview

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at DNN.

Interview

Corp recruiter connected with me. We set up a phone interview. Before I closed for next steps she already wanted me to talk to the hiring manager and set a time with me. 30min before the phone screen they cancelled saying they needed to reschedule. I emailed back 2 times about rescheduling and they never responded.

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at DNN (San Mateo, CA).

Interview

The interview process was very professional. First call was a short phone screening - they asked basic questions about my prior sales experience. I was then asked to come in for an in-person interview. They sent me an itinerary and told me who I would meet with.

The In-Person interview was great, DNN reserved a room just for me (they even printed out and put my name on the door to the room), and I met with the Sales Manager, two Account Executives, The content marketing manager, and finally the CEO. My conversations were great, they asked about my past experience and really made me feel like they cared about getting to know me to see if there was a mutual fit. There were no trick questions asked, just straightforward questions that were relevant to the position.

I received a verbal offer shortly after, and was allowed to think the offer over for a week before making a decision. I accepted and I'm quite happy that I joined the DNN team!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your sales process. Do you do any background research on the customer?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DNN (San Mateo, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online via Linked In. Standard setup: HR call and phone screen within one week, email exchange, delay, scheduling exchange a week-plus later. My resume is very clear on my roles and experience: I was obviously a good fit and proceeded to interview with hiring mgr and select team members. Good job fit, culture & company fit. Came back next day to interview with CEO, and was not a fit in his eyes. Received the "good luck on your search" email one business day later. The AE positions at DNN are pure inside sales; if you have any hint, experience, or indication that you have ever even thought about outside sales, channel sales, named accounts, regional management - move on, don't waste your time. If you're a career inside sales guru: may the odds be ever in your favour.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DNN (San Mateo, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Great positive group of people. Timely followup and no nonsense. Polite and professional while interviewing me. This is the way it should with interviews.

I applied online and got an email from the inside recruiter about interest to speak on the phone. She called and was on time for the call and was very professional and warm. After only 10-15 minutes she decided to move to the next step and have me come in to interview. We scheduled the interview timeslot within 3 business days of the phone interview.

I arrived to the office and was warmly greeted by the recruiter. They already a room reserved for the interviews along my a schedule on the door including my name and times for each person to interview. Each person I spoke with arrived on time and prepared!!! And we discussed more of my background and success in sales and specifics of DNN's software solution. No interrogations or absurd analysis of my resume. Just excellent conversation on their company and my background. All employees were extremely polite, positive and professional. They clearly work hard and are very focused.

As the interview progressed it became apparent it was more of an inside sale role and I believe they sensed it might not be the best fit.

I did speak with the recruiter within a couple days where she said they are moving forward with someone else. But it was done very gracefully and with good timely closure.

This company will continue to be successful, they have the right formula for handling candidates, employees and I am certain prospects.

Interview Questions

• what steps do you follow in sales   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DNN (San Mateo, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

The interview process was well coordinated. I received an outreach via LinkedIn. The interview was well planned and run. I then received a follow-up communication the next day and an offer shortly thereafter.

Marketplace Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DNN (San Mateo, CA) in September 2009.

Interview

Got a phone call from one of the founders who had sold his company to DotNETNUKE. Phone interview was long, informative. 1:1 interview was with the CEO and this founder, the CEO needed someone with -commerce and sales experience, and made that quite obvious during the interview. Seems like the founder and CEO were not in sync, and had different expectations of the job.

Interview Questions

• How many sales leads have you generated in the previous job?   1 Answer

Software Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Langley, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DNN (Langley, BC (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

The whole interview process was a positive experience! There was two phone interview for general HR questions; to gauge your personality. Initial phone interview generally go through the whole interview process and ask you about your future goals and stuff (general hr for 15-20min), then second phone interview ask more indept hr and small tech questions (30min phone call). Then with onsite interview where they ask general questions about the job and skill they required. These questions vary from general web dev (html) to little sql questions. After this interview, if passed, there is suppose to be a small off site assignment to accomplish.

Software Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at DNN (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

Multiple interviews, phone, in person and exam. They were very careful about who they hired even if the role wasn't the most difficult. The people I talked to were fairly cheerful and good natured

Software Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Langley, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DNN (Langley, BC (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online then got an email from the hiring manager.
    Then scheduled a phone interview. After the phone interview, I went to an on-site interview and was interviewed with 2 people.
    Got a call back from them to do a coding assignment.
    Again, went to their office to present my assignment and make changes in the assignment in real-time.
    The Director will give feedback regarding the presentation.
    They will email you if you are qualified or not.

Software Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Langley, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at DNN (Langley, BC (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

It was tough yet fair. They were not looking for the right answer but rather how you handle difficult situations and how you can cope with not knowing something. They really wanted to see how you troubleshoot issues as that is 95 percent of the work as a support analyst.

Interview Questions

• Where do you begin to troubleshoot whether or not something is a bug or broken?   Answer Question