DRC|CTB Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DRC|CTB Interview Questions

Program Team Interview

Interview

The process was friendly and cordial. The team was enthusiastic and very much seemed to enjoy their day to day roles and overall mission. The interview process and ultimate hiring was smoothly.

Implementation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morgantown, WV

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DRC|CTB (Morgantown, WV) in October 2015.

Interview

First, a 1:1 with a presentation on product built around their requirements. Second, a phone interview with two Regional VPs. Third, was a video online interview. You were directed to a website where you could practice. You had to setup your computer camera and the you were given 10 questions to answer. For each question, you had 30 seconds to read the question and then you had 2 minutes to answer. You could not go back and re-record you answer. It was a new process for me and I found it very difficult to make sure I was positioned correctly for the camera and to focus on answering the question.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your previous job?   1 Answer

Expectations from the job description did not match the job expectations.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monterey, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at DRC|CTB (Monterey, TN) in July 2015.

Interview

There were many delays prior to the interview date, and on the day of the interview the person interviewing me was quite late. It seemed that the needs of the company were unclear. I felt like I was interviewing in a vacuum. This was certainly a disappointing interview experience. In the end it felt like a big waste of time. Too bad, as I think McGraw-Hill is a good company.

Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DRC|CTB (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied on the company website. After about a week and a half, I received an email requesting a phone screening with HR. That went well, and after a pretty detailed conversation I had another brief phone interview with the hiring manager later that day. The next step would have been a panel video conference with a few members of the team.

Interview Questions

• Work experience, subject matter expertise, where I see myself in 20 years.   Answer Question

Assessment Editor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at DRC|CTB.

Interview

I went to a career fair and spoke with the recruitment staff who was very friendly and encouraging.
    After giving my CV and cover letter in person, I was later contacted by the recruitment staff person, the human resource staff person, and the hiring manager.
    After few weeks, I did my interview and got hired.

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DRC|CTB (Indianapolis, IN) in April 2013.

Interview

I only had two interviews, both were in person. One was with the staffing company, the other was with McGraw Hill. For my interview with McGraw Hill, the person I was supposed to speak to forgot my interview time - twice! It was very rude and was a problem for as I hired a baby-sitter both times so I could take the interview. Then there was no apology. I didn't need to meet with anyone in person, which I should have taken as the first clue that this job and place was warped.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at DRC|CTB.

Interview

I had an initial interview with the district manager by phone. I then had a lengthy in-person interview with the manager. Questions were standard regarding my prior job experiences, reasons for pursuing this position and some behavioral type questions such as "what would you do in this scenario " or "let me about your greatest job challenge" etc.

Interview Questions

• My interview was fairly standard in terms of questions. There were no difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was an opportunity for salary negotiation and this was done at VP level.

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Monterey, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at DRC|CTB (Monterey, CA).

Interview

I applied online and was called into work almost immediately through Kelly Services.

Interview Questions

• Can you handle multitasking while on the telephone to clients???   1 Answer

Negotiation

Well, this was a known temporary job...so there wasn't any negotiation for long term salary....

Director of Strategy and Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at DRC|CTB (New York, NY) in August 2011.

Interview

Erratic. It took 6 weeks for nothing. The hiring executive was extremely responsive and had the scheduler reply to a cold e-mail inbound to the executive to schedule a phone interview which was fast and smooth. Round two happened over the next few days which was also smooth and professional. From there the wheels came off in a big way. I was told to expect a follow up phone interview with the hiring executive over the coming week but got zero follow up. I left polite phone messages for the round two recruiter every 3 - 5 days politely requesting the follow up status. Three weeks later I get a curt e-mail saying they're waiting until after the holiday for next steps. While this isn't a deal killer in and of itself did it really have to take this long as opposed to a polite reply with the same information?

After the holiday another four polite follow up messages over three weeks until I finally get another rude e-mail saying they're not moving forward with anyone at all. I've got to believe the hiring executive wouldn't be this unprofessional but she should really get a clue about how bad her "HR" recruiting professional is. The scheduler was the only positive part of the process although even she didn't have any follow through either.

I don't expect HR / recruiters to find me for a job, but at least reply back to messages when an EVP asks you to follow up and especially you've put someone through multiple rounds of phone interviews.
      Don't forget todays senior executive candidate is tomorrows client.

Interview Questions

• Wy do you want to work for us.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Monterey, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at DRC|CTB (Monterey, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

Submitted online application, Interviewed with Publishing Director. Discussion on assessment knowledge and background, teaching experience, and technical skills. Worked for 15 months as a temp employee through Kelly Services before being offered a PSE contract.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They were surprised I negotiated.