Dart NeuroScience Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dart NeuroScience Interview Questions

Updated Jul 25, 2017

2.9

Associate Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dart NeuroScience.

Interview

I applied online to the position and was contacted about scheduling a phone interview roughly 1.5 months after applying. About 1 week or so after the phone interview, I was contacted about scheduling an in-person interview, which took place roughly 3 weeks afterwards (I was flown in from out-of-state). The in-person interview involved me giving a research presentation to the scientists at the company, followed by one-on-one chemistry discussions with the scientists that lasted the whole day.

Overall, a long process that was slightly drawn out, but understandable considering that they were looking for the right candidate for the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dart NeuroScience (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I applied on their website, was called shortly after for the phone interview, and scheduled the on-site interview. The interview was surprising long for this position..5-6 hours long with lunch. I felt like I was just repeating everything every 30 minutes with each new interviewer though, so it got easier as the day went on.

Everyone that I met was really nice and I felt very comfortable. It's such a gorgeous facility with state of the art equipment. I would've loved to work there.

However, the position was a 6 month contract (with potential for extension to 12 months), through an agency, no benefits, and pay was sub par. Granted, the agency would've provided benefits after 60(?) days though.

I was contacted within a week after my interview with an offer; it took another week to negotiate, but I ultimately took a full-time position with better pay and benefits instead.

I am entirely grateful for all the interviewers for taking time out of their busy schedules to interview me. It was a great experience.

Software Engineer Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in La Jolla, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dart NeuroScience (La Jolla, CA).

Interview

I was invited to eat lunch with the manager as well as the group I would be working with should I get hired. We talked about my previous internships at other tech companies while also going into what they do and the tech stack they used. No technical questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• What kind of things did you do at your previous internships?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They told me their average salary for contractors. I accepted without negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Dart NeuroScience (San Diego, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview was with about 12 people. Some 3 on 1, some 1 on 1. It was a four hour long interview (8am-12pm). Some organic chemistry questions were asked (mechanisms). Otherwise, they mostly wanted to know about my previous job experience. They asked for a lot of details about my resume.

Interview Questions

• On a scale of 1-10, how fast can you learn?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poway, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dart NeuroScience (Poway, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

It was exactly one month from the submission of my resume to the one on one chat with the hiring manager. After the first chat, I was scheduled for a full interview which was 6 hours with 14 people including HR. They provided lunch.

Interview Questions

• The questions were within the scope of the job so they were straight forward and easy.   Answer Question

Associate Director Preclinical Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dart NeuroScience (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Recruiter submitted my C.V. and this was followed by a phone interview. I was invited to company for additional interview. I presented seminar and met with numerous people during the day, and at the end had wrap up discussion with hiring manager. The hiring manager made more statements than questions, and wasn't clear about the role for the new hire.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were particularly difficult, but they lacked clarity. The hiring manager did not have a clear view of the role of the new position, and what was stated was different from the posted position.   1 Answer

Research Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dart NeuroScience (San Diego, CA).

Interview

It was an on-campus group interview, first started with the recruiting stuff giving an 1 hr overview presentation of company. Followed by individual interview with the recruiting stuff. Each candidate got 30 mins. Mostly technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Most questions are technical based questions. They wanted to know what your research experiences are.   1 Answer

Research Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dart NeuroScience (San Diego, CA) in August 2009.

Interview

It is a whole day schedule, meeting scientists of the same team one on one and team members in group. Often a meeting with CEO or COO was arranged at the end of the day.