Dartmouth Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Dartmouth Interview Questions

Interviews at Dartmouth

2.9

Assistant Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dartmouth in May 2011.

Interview

Very friendly and approachable director. Interview process wasn't too hard and the center was very inviting. Employees where easy to work with and training was provided for employees to up to date on child development.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a good fit for the center?   1 Answer

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hanover, NH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dartmouth (Hanover, NH) in March 2018.

Interview

The Interview process was pretty straightforward, asking if I had relevant work experiences or not. I told them about my prior lab experiences working independently on a project. The Interview process was pretty straightforward, asking if I had relevant work experiences or not. I told them about my prior lab experiences working independently on a project

Interview Questions

• What projects did you work on?
      What excites you the most when working in the lab?
      What are your hobbies outside of lab work?   Answer Question

Undergraduate Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hanover, NH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dartmouth (Hanover, NH) in April 2014.

Interview

Submitted online application and had an interview a week later. Interview was mainly gauging how passionate you were about the job, if you were competent, and if you understand what the job description really meant (beyond the words)

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you encountered alcohol in a residence hall?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hanover, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dartmouth (Hanover, NH).

Interview

Phone screen followed by an afternoon of interviews including 2 group interviews

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much room to negotiate

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dartmouth.

Interview

Very complicated, intensive process overall. First a phone interview with HR Manager, then in-person interview with HR Manager, which included correcting a writing sample for them to "grade" later. I then had to have another interview with HR where I had thirty minutes to write a letter describing what I felt the position to entail, after a conversation with the HR Manager when I could ask questions, etc. Finally, there was marathon afternoon of interviews, after which I barely knew my name. I met with 7 different people over three hours. Some where group interviews and some where one-on-one. Some where intense firing squad questions, some were more laidback, casual conversations. I was pleased the organization takes so much time and effort to hire the right people, but it was not the right fit for me.

Interview Questions

• What would be most difficult about this position for you?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hanover, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Dartmouth (Hanover, NH) in June 2011.

Interview

Full day itinerary for a basic clerical/administrative role: met with 3-4 interview panels throughout the day (with 3-4 interviewers per panel) for 30-60 minute sessions; met individually with HR director, hiring manager and director. 15 minute breaks included in schedule.

Interview Questions

• Ex 1: Provide examples from your previous work experience that illustrate: your conflict resolution skills with coworkers or clients, quality of your attention to and detail, transferable skill sets. Ex 2: Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question

Senior Programmer/Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hanover, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dartmouth (Hanover, NH) in February 2011.

Interview

I met with a lot of people that ended up being my colleagues, and many of the faculty that I would be conducting work for. The interview was very cordial and they probed about my technical background and knowledge, but they also seemed very interested in my reasons for coming and hoping that I would enjoy living in the area and being a good fit for the group. They were clearly looking for a long term hire, not someone that was going to leave in a year or so.

Interview Questions

• With your background, you could work at a lot of different places. What, specifically, interests you in working here?   1 Answer

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dartmouth.

Interview

The process simply involves either you contacting the prof or the prof contacting you to be a TA for his or her class. If your performance in the class was satisfactory then you get the job. Application to each course happens every term.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dartmouth.

Interview

Short Interview with the concerned professor.
    Asked about knowledge and experience with the subject matter.

Interview Questions

• Did not remember a few specific things about certain parts of the subject so could not really answer them   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dartmouth.

Interview

There was no formal interview process, just the submission of application materials. My impression is that GRE scores and entrance essays seem to carry a lot of weight, so I would spend some time studying for the GRE and also crafting your entrance essays.

Interview Questions

• Some professors will directly ask you what you want to study while at Dartmouth. Have something in mind to say.   Answer Question