Dartmouth Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 6, 2017

2.9

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hanover, NH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dartmouth (Hanover, NH) in August 2017.

Interview

I have spent the entire day at Dartmouth. However, it was a very pleasant experience.
    I have met my future boss and other professors. We did not have a strict schedule, everything was very flexible.
    Every single person was so easy going. We talked about science in general, about research in lab, and about transferability of my skills.

Interview Questions

• How is it possible to build the bridge between your skill set and our needs?   1 Answer

Campus Tour Guide Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hanover, NH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dartmouth (Hanover, NH).

Interview

After submitting the original application, candidates were selected to be interviewed by a panel of admissions officers. Most of it was to assess public speaking skills, and how well you can articulate and relay information in a concise and engaging manner.

Interview Questions

• A 30 second pitch for an admissions-related topic (e.g., quarter system; study-abroad)   Answer Question

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dartmouth.

Interview

The process simply involves either you contacting the prof or the prof contacting you to be a TA for his or her class. If your performance in the class was satisfactory then you get the job. Application to each course happens every term.

PhD Student Interview

Interview

On-campus interview. Five interviews in a day, 30 min each.
    Graduate students also have a say in this process, need to mingle with them during lunch time and the party, etc.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dartmouth.

Interview

There was no formal interview process, just the submission of application materials. My impression is that GRE scores and entrance essays seem to carry a lot of weight, so I would spend some time studying for the GRE and also crafting your entrance essays.

Interview Questions

• Some professors will directly ask you what you want to study while at Dartmouth. Have something in mind to say.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hanover, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Dartmouth (Hanover, NH) in August 2016.

Interview

Stay far, far away. My experience applying for and interviewing for an executive assistant role has been nothing short of surreal. The process was grueling - a phone screen, 2 writing assignments, on campus interview, case study, another on campus interview, multiple phone calls. The require 5 references and a background check, in addition to speaking with your current supervisor. I refused to let them contact my current boss and they lost it. Received angry phones, accused me of being disingenuous through the interview process and basically try to bully me into doing what they wanted. Never, ever have had any experience like this before.

Interview Questions

• The wanted to speak with my current employer   1 Answer

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hanover, NH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dartmouth (Hanover, NH).

Interview

Online Interview through Go To Meeting -Panel of 3 Interviewers - Open ended questions related to instructional design process (describe your process of planning an instructional lesson/training, how would you determine if students were making progress in self-paced environment?, etc.). Interview team was professional and friendly. Interview lasted approximately 45 minutes. Made timeline clear and followed timeline. Positive experience.

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hanover, NH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dartmouth (Hanover, NH).

Interview

It took about 2 weeks before classes started. i had to show i was capable of helping students with the subject area I assisted the professor with. It was more like can I do the job interview and my availability.

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hanover, NH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dartmouth (Hanover, NH) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process is incredibly informal. The purpose is more to ensure you're familiar with the general workings of the library and research processes and could help someone with very general questions. You're not required to have an in-depth knowledge as those can go to your supervisor, and you're more or less responsible for knowing what direction to point someone in.

Interview Questions

• How would you begin to assist someone with a research project?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Dartmouth in February 2015.

Interview

First, by email, then by phone. In person interview with the team and hiring manager. Final interview with the Director of the center. Then they talked to my references from past jobs. They then asked to talk to my current employer.