Data Systems International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 20, 2018

2.5

Infrastructure Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Data Systems International (Kansas City, MO) in May 2013.

Interview

1. Resume Screen
    2. Phone Interview: Skills/Experience
    3. On-site interview

Interview Questions

• All of the interview questions were very easy and general.   Answer Question

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Data Systems International (Kansas City, MO) in December 2013.

Interview

Wonderful process, basic over the phone interview went well too. They have a really incredible office and great staff of people! Very honest and down to earth.

Interview Questions

• There was process that observed your thinking skills and style, it wasn't difficult, it was the most fun of the entire process!   Answer Question

Wasn't the right fit at the time.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Data Systems International (Kansas City, MO) in December 2017.

Interview

I had applied for a different position initially, but the recruiter asked if I'd be willing to apply and interview for another position she thought better suited me.

I came into their office the next week, where they had me take an aptitude battery test (a combination of logic tests and math) for about the first 90 minutes, and then had 30 minute interviews with various members of the team to discuss my experiences and for them to get a better understanding of my background (as it is very nontraditional for a programmer). Each interviewer was polite and we were able to have a very good conversation about the position and the responsibilities it entails. I left the interview feeling very happy.

I was shocked at how quickly I was able to get a response from them, as I got an email with an offer in two days, with a start date within a month. Their recruiter was very willing to help answer questions I had along the way. I was impressed with all the people I met while I was there. It was a very pleasant experience, which helped to put me at ease.

Interview Questions

• They had asked me about my transition from a master's degree in history to IT. It's a common question at this point, but it still feels strange to answer at this point.   1 Answer

Software Developer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Data Systems International (Kansas City, MO) in May 2015.

Interview

I drove to Kansas City where DSI put me up for the night in the Hilton President. The night of my arrival, we were treated to dinner out with the HR Representatives that were to hire us. It was a very nice meal and a very relaxed social interaction. Alcoholic beverages were allowed and encouraged to break the ice.

After the meal, the next day was spent at the headquarters. Our group was split into two, with one group going on a tour of the office space and surrounding area and the other group beginning the interview process. I interviewed with three hiring managers and one software developer. There were minimal computer related questions asked, it seems they were more concerned with how I would fit in with the companies culture.

At lunch time our split groups met up again and we were treated to lunch at a local restaurant with the hiring managers. After both groups were done with the day, we gathered for a group photo and parted ways. It was a very pleasurable experience.

Interview Questions

• The FizzBuzz Question and Computer Aptitude Battery were given. Other than that, all questions were get-to-know.   1 Answer

Software Developer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Data Systems International (Kansas City, MO) in June 2014.

Interview

I sent my resume to DSI through allied global services people, within 2 days i got a call from DSI HR and asked about my experience and background. Next day i got another call from DSI team leader and discussed more about my roles and previous experience. Then finally DSI arranged a face to face interview for half day at there location Kansas City, MO. They did all arrangement to fly Kansas City from my place.

The before interview started HR asked to write a aptitude test (around 1.30) then actual interview started with DSI management and leader and development team members.

Interview Questions

• DSI interviewer are very smart and clear what kind of questions to ask for the role they are trying to hire, I didn't face any general/simple interview questions (like what is class, Virtual functions, etc). Most of questions asked based on really time experiences, problem faced. and asked to write code for few problems.   Answer Question

I received the best offer from DSI, but due to some commitments with family not able to accepted.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Data Systems International (Kansas City, MO) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview took place at their office in the P&L. I first met with the manager who I would've reported to, this took about 30 minutes. I then met with the CFO for 30 minutes, this would be the 'cultural fit' interview. That lasted for another 30 minutes and was pleasant enough, more of a conversation than an interview. Lastly, I met with 2 of the team members that I would've worked with for 30 minutes.

After we were done, I was told that I would be asked to come back the following week to meet with the Chief Revenue Officer, whose group I would be assisting with recruiting. The call never came so I sent an email to the manager who I had met with, asking about next steps. I never received a response until I got an email 2 months later saying that they were moving forward with candidates 'who more closely fit the requirements', whatever that means.

I found the lack of response annoying since my 2 previous positions were considerably more senior than the one I had just interviewed for. I understand that not every candidate who applies gets personal feedback, but once you have an in person interview, it's just common courtesy. The last section of the rejection letter invited me to apply for future positions. Given my experience the first time, I'll never apply there again.

Also, if this is how long HR takes just to hire their own people, I can't even imagine how long it takes them to hire associates in other groups.

Interview Questions

• What methods do you use to find qualified candidates?   1 Answer

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Data Systems International.

Interview

Received phone interview on Thursday and HR staff is asking phone interview on Labor Day, and later she said it was a mistake. Reschedule to a week later for the interview, and same HR staff EMAILED me 1 minute before the interview and told me it was cancelled. Everything sounds like a joke for this company, and I will never consider any position from them again.

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Data Systems International (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

Direct applied and heard from a receptionist (intermittently) for a few weeks. I was finally called in for a panel interview. Everyone was nice and it seemed to go well. I had a final phone interview with Tim Barnes two days later. I was told I would hear "one way or another within 48 hours". I never heard anything from anyone in the company again, even after reaching back out.

Interview Questions

• The company is starting to diversify, how would you handle a difficult type of environment?   Answer Question

Software Developer C# Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Data Systems International (Kansas City, MO) in December 2012.

Interview

HR conctacted me for the interview. after that there was a 1:1 with three of the software team members and another HR. first technical was more of getting to know my background and the second one was writing code. Explain about past projects.

Interview Questions

• Designing a recursive function, it was not difficult. But i was not sufficiently prepared. String builder vs string? wpf development. Language of Strength.   1 Answer

EBS Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Data Systems International (Olathe, KS) in March 2013.

Interview

After I applied for this job I got a phone call pretty fats from HR. I was scheduled for a phone interview. The questions were about background, if someone told me about this position, why I want to work for Garmin. In a couple of days I got a call to be scheduled for an on site interview. The interview was with 3 managers. Mostly the questions were about my background, they keep asking for challenging situations in the past projects. They didn't really ask anything about the application. At the interview they told me that I will get an answer in a couple of days. It's more then a month and I didn't get any answer .... so I take as a no for this job.

Interview Questions

• I think the most difficult it was because the interview was around 3 hours, but no really difficult questions.   Answer Question