DataStax Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DataStax Interview Questions

Interviews at DataStax

3.1

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DataStax.

Interview

Quick interview process. Had a 30 minute phone call with hiring manager. Asked what I knew about the company, why I was interested in the role, and past experience.

Senior Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DataStax in December 2019.

Interview

Emails with first recruiter, emails and phone call with second recruiter, take-home test, and several video conference interviews from remote workers. The second recruiter is mostly offering a sales pitch about the product and HQ culture, even though they are not hiring for HQ.

Interview Questions

• There will be an at-home evaluation project requiring 40 to 80 hours to complete.   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DataStax.

Interview

I can now confirm that many of the things about this company are true.
    Exceedingly lengthy interview process, far too long than necessary.
    They love to sell you on their company culture. How awesome everyone is, how everyone is soooooo happy to be there, blah blah blah.
    But you can quickly tell it's all BS. They turnover there is staggering, just ask one of their customers. They constantly complain how they are constantly dealing with new people and have to rehash things with the new reps, and once they get caught up they either leave Datastax or get fired.
    The main gain interviewed with there has left the company, he didn't even last a year there.
    The interview was for a basic sales job, it took almost 2 months from beginning to end. Everything was going great until the very end when I was told they wouldn't move forward with me. When I inquired as to why, the 2 recruiters there said they'd ask and get me feedback but that didn't happen. The one guy emailed me some vague, dodgy, BS response.

Interview Questions

• Some typical questions, nothing special or out of the ordinary.
      Did get asked some cheesy questions you'd expect to get out of some book written by an inspirational speaker.... lame.   Answer Question

Solutions Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at DataStax (Remote, OR) in July 2019.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me on Linkedin. Spoke to hiring manager. They wanted me to spend 20+ hours building a Cassandra application. I was unable to access the sandbox cloud environment that they wanted me to use. They expect you to drop your day job to do free tech work for a job interview. I work 60+ hours a week and don't have time for this crap.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your past work experiences   1 Answer
    • What was difficult situation with a customer and how did you handle it   1 Answer

Sr. Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DataStax in June 2019.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me sounding very enthused. When I finally had the initial tech interview it was pretty low quality: we never got a real conversation going, and the interviewer just read off a standard list of behavioral questions like you might pull out of a manual. The day after, they selected a candidate who had already been through the full set of interviews, which means I didn't knock their socks off - fine, I'll accept that - but left me feeling like they had a choice but weren't fully confident in themselves, "what if we try just one more just in case we find something better". Didn't leave me with a good impression.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you made a bad decision   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DataStax.

Interview

First round was an one-hour interview on Google Meet. I was tested on my resume, projects, Python and Ansible skills and was also told about the role's responsibilities. In about a week, I received call for solving a technical problem and the test data was given with it. It took several hours to complete this. But in few days, received an intimation from that this position was filled.

Applicant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DataStax.

Interview

Spent three months in the interview process, most of the people I talked to sounded like they didn't like their job. One of them might have wanted the role I was interviewing for, and tried to talk me out of it. Each of the interviewers sounded like they were trying to prep me for a political battle I would face upon entering the organization, and that sales leadership wasn't very open to suggestions. The whole process ended with silence on their end anyway.

Data Entry Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at DataStax in September 2018.

Interview

It was through hangout which I find odd, which is why i am trying to read reviews on here.......I have no opinion of the company yet, I havent gotten to start

Interview Questions

• How long do you plan on staying with company   1 Answer

DataStax Response

Sep 13, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Program Manager

We do not have any Data Entry positions available. We have received reports of “Work From Home” job scams with individuals impersonating or falsely claiming affiliation with DataStax and may ask you to provide personal financial information as part of the interview process. Please visit our DataStax careers website for a list of open positions and additional information.

Curriculum Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DataStax (Sunnyvale, CA) in August 2018.

Interview

Spoke with the recruiter and hiring manager over the phone in two separate calls and then decided to exit the interview process early. Both seemed friendly enough, but the hiring manager has not managed anyone in 15 years which raises some concerns and she seemed a bit wishy-washy as well. Also, she did not road map the position which was somewhat disrespectful to the candidates. Also, the Education team reports to Engineering which seems counter-intuitive and unscalable, as Engineers generally don't teach very well. The interview process did not seem very candidate-friendly either as the candidates are expected to endure about 7 interviews, which seems a bit excessive, especially in the current employment market which heavily favors the job seeker as opposed to the employer. Also, DataStax is preparing to hire 1000 more employees in 2019 so things are only going to get more stressful in the Education department. Proceed with caution.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DataStax (Telephone, TX) in July 2018.

Interview

I passed muster with the recruiter then had a telephone conversation with a regional manager. I understand there where at least three sybsequent telephone interviews followed by an in person to meet the combined team.

Interview Questions

• They were pretty standard in terms of work experience and others of the "Tell me when...." genre.   1 Answer