DataStax Interview Questions

Updated Jun 11, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 110 of over 110 interviews

3.1
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at DataStax (Houston, TX) in Oct 2020

Interview

Talk to some of the future colleagues, make coding tests, talk about your past experience in the field. Everything is well organised and the interview team is very kind and clear.

Interview Questions
  • New role, new team...In your opinion, what may go wrong in this new position ?
    Answer Question

DataStax

Application

I interviewed at DataStax

Interview

Multiple step interview with talent people and then hiring managers and then engineers. First interview with talent people are typical questions, describe yourself, what is your interest. Second and third interview is quite similar with hiring manager and engineer, describe how you approach problems, some technical questions about OOP principles, what classes and projects have been interesting to you. Interviewers are really nice and serious on helping and understanding you

Interview Questions
  • Describe yourself, describe your projects. OOP principles regarding encapsulation, abstraction, classes. What projects and classes have been interesting.

DataStax

Application

I interviewed at DataStax

Interview

The interview process was efficient and well organized. The recruiter kept in constant communication in providing updates and was very informative. The whole process was less than three weeks. I had an interview with the recruiter, hiring manager, and members of the team I would be working with.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Waterbury, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at DataStax (Waterbury, CT)

Interview

Interviewed with internal recruiter, Hiring Manager, technical counterpart (SE, SA) and colleague in sales. Continued to be in communication with the recruiter throughout the process. The recruiter was excellent in communicating the feedback and outlining all steps.

Interview Questions
  • Q; What is your familiarity with Apache Cassandra? Q: Are you familiar with cloud and multi-cloud architectures?

DataStax

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at DataStax

Interview

The process was very straight forward. A recruiter reached out to me on linkedin and set up a call with the hiring manager. Post that, there were 5 rounds of interviews. The interviews were a split between design and management questions. The entire process took 2 months and the recruiter was constantly in touch with the update. All the interviewers were very professional and passionate about Datastax and what they do.

DataStax

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at DataStax in Apr 2021

Interview

Overall the interview process was incredibly efficient, and I was connected almost instantly with the relevant leaders across the organization who were able to provide detailed clarity on strategy and goals.

Interview Questions
  • How do you handle finding signal through the noise of the onslaught of customer requests, field sales feedback, executive opinions etc. and make the right decisions for guiding the product roadmap?

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DataStax (San Jose, CA) in Apr 2021

Interview

The recruiting team is one of best teams I’ve ever worked with. There were 4 rounds of interviews in total. The first is a HR screening call, followed by two 45-min calls with hiring managers. After that there was a technical assessment and another round of interview with future colleagues. Lastly I went through a values interview with a person from a different department, basically it’s a conversational interview and some behavioral questions were asked. The recruiting team is very kind, friendly and super responsive. Got feedback right after each round of interview and the offer letter arrived in my mailbox just a day after the last round of interview. Will definitely accept the offer given the positive interview experience with them.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

DataStax

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at DataStax in Apr 2021

Interview

Very organized from start to finish. They moved very quickly. Interview consisted of interactive sourcing exercise, values interview as well as interviews with team and leadership. Great job at giving a realistic view of the organization and how it has evolved, especially in the last 18 months.

Interview Questions
  • Values questions were focused on behavioral scenarios. Recruiting questions were more focused around experience and knowledge.

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at DataStax (Mesa, AZ) in Apr 2021

Interview

There were multiple interviews, but with multiple people which helped provide a good idea of the diversity within the company. Helped me feel like a part of the team and eager to start before I was even offered the job.

Interview Questions
  • How do you respond to multiple tasks at once/large workloads?

DataStax

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DataStax in Apr 2021

Interview

I had the best experience as a candidate in the hiring process with DataStax. The process is extremely thoughtful from the start to the offer letter. Initially, I was invited to participate in a Zoom interview. She explained to me about the company and the open position, I shared my experience and next steps. After the first interview, I was invited to the second round, an interview with the Chief People Officer. Then, I received an invitation for the third round, which would be two meetings with people on the team. Finally, in the last round, I met with an employee from another department, to tell me more about the company's culture. In all the rounds, all the employees were extremely kind, attentive and made me feel very relaxed. The atmosphere is very friendly and I didn't feel the pressure/nervousness that we normally feel in the interviews. The process happens quickly and they offer all the necessary support, always ready to answer possible questions.

Interview Questions
  • The interviews were so smooth that they seemed more like a friendly conversation that revolved around: Tell me more about yourself What do you know about DataStax? Behavioral interview questions. What was the project that you liked the most?

Anonymous Employee in Union City, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DataStax (Union City, CA)

Interview

The interview process was great, I worked directly with Jim Walsh who was very efficient and helped me along the way. 4 interviews total and a presentation at the end.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 110 Interviews