David Jones Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at David Jones

2.4

Sort:

Assistant Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Port Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at David Jones (Port Melbourne (Australia)).

Interview

- Online application
    - Group Interview (Be prepared to be lectured at by a professional HR indoctrinator for 2 hours. Picture Professor Umbridge from Harry Potter 5. Also prepare to be interviewed alongside the lowest common denominator of society).
    - Individual Interview

I had to follow them up at HR after my online application as I had heard nothing back. Turns out they wern't in a huge rush to fill the position so I was lucky.

Interview Questions

• Generic questions, why us? What do you know about us? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Assistant Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at David Jones.

Interview

Online process as they have thousands of applicants to sort through. Lots of questions then a general phone screening interview asking why do i want this position and background experience. Also what is good customer service and what do i know about David Jones. I was actually applying for another position and they said they'd pass my name along.

Interview Questions

• Why David Jones? What is your experience? Also group situational questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at David Jones.

Interview

1 coding exam online then 1 hr interview finally 3 technical interviews on skype

Interview Questions

• given a linked list, swap each pair of elements with each other
      input Example : A->B->C->D->E
      output : B->A->D->C->E   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at David Jones (Sydney (Australia)) in May 2009.

Interview

I was hired over ten years as an assistant buyer. I had two phone interviews with HR, then met with HR in their office and then a week or so later had an interview with a General Manager at the company.

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a small increase to my salary based on my previous experience.

Logistics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at David Jones (Sydney (Australia)) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got an email for group session and one-on-one interview. Interviews are mostly held at 9am on Tuesdays. It was a group interview with 6 persons, we were given two tasks, followed by a one-on-one interview. I got selected in the first attempt for miranda branch but asked them to change the job location. They held onto my application and called me for the second interview in silverwater.

Interview Questions

• How would you build rapport?
      Why David Jones?
      Why would apply for this job when you have a degree in engineering?
      Have you ever been in a situation where you had to meet a deadline?   Answer Question

Sales Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at David Jones (Sydney (Australia)) in February 2011.

Interview

Interview with HR, was asked to sell a product displayed on a poster which had the product feature and benefits. Second interview was with the deputy store manager at the time, was asked about career aspirations, why i wanted to work there.

Interview Questions

• why do i want to work for David Jones, describe an incident you had to resolve, what are your career aspirations.   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at David Jones (Sydney (Australia)) in June 2011.

Interview

5 interviews. various levels of responsibility. was headhunted, phone interview, recruiter, HR, store manager, RGM. It was a very standard process. Quite casual. It was at various locations including HR offices, a recruiter and the store leader offices.

Interview Questions

• whats your management style, how many team members have you managed? What are your current KPIs? Have you managed multi sites?   Answer Question

Negotiation

easy to negotiate as they headhunted me. Very good salary increase on previous role.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at David Jones (Melbourne, MB (Canada)) in August 2017.

Interview

Was good and quick process with a lot of activities. One suggestion is to be active and outspoken in the interview. They give you a lot scenario and then you have to describe the meaning in detail.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and why David Jones   1 Answer

Information Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at David Jones (Sydney (Australia)) in December 2017.

Interview

Was called for a group assessment and then an one-to-one 10 min session .
    In the group session, there was a section about the company with briefs on the background, current stand, and others. There were two activities in the group activities participated by 6 in each group. In the first one, one of their moto (previously mentioned in the intro) was given and asked what it meant and how can one imply it in one's service. In the second one, a situation was given and we were asked how the situation should e handled.
    As for the face to face interview, i guess standard basic interview questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my current job, its responsibilities, customers/concern authorities response to my service.   Answer Question
    • Was asked if a have any vacation planned in the next 6 months.   Answer Question

Sales Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at David Jones (Melbourne (Australia)) in May 2018.

Interview

I applied online and the next day received a phone interview asking to come in the following Tuesday for a group interview. Group interview was about an hour and a half long, you sit with about 5 people on a table and introduce yourself and describe yourself in one word, then its group activities and problem solving for certain questions. Once you answer the questions, one person is made to present it in front of everyone; try to present it as it shows confidence even if you don't present it well it doesn't matter. After this you break off into single interviews and they ask you why you want to join david jones, salary expectations and an example of great customer service you've done or how have you dealt with bad customers.
    I got an email and phone call 2 days later saying I have the job and I start in 2 weeks.
    David Jones priority is customer service so speak naturally and confidently on how you can make a shoppers experience great. Also research what David Jones are about as it will help in the group interview if you know how David Jones operates.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself in one word   1 Answer