David Jones Interview Questions | Glassdoor

David Jones Interview Questions

Updated May 28, 2017

2.3

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brisbane (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at David Jones (Brisbane (Australia)) in May 2017.

Interview

i applied online and after 4 hours they sent me an email which was i successful and they want me to do an online interview. i had to set up a device and asked me 7-8 questions with a time frame that was really hard and i thought i failed but after 2 hours they sent me an email again and wanted me for group interview which wasn't actually, there was 12 of us and they said we will do one on one instead of group.
    and it was about 2 hours and it was friendly interview as i was so nervous and they explained every single thing at DJ for us which was strange.
    anyway when i got home after 3 hours sent me an email again and wanted my documents and i sent and after 2 days they said you passed your interviews and will get back to you for next stage in next few weeks which can be one more interview or work roster.
    now i'm at this stage.

Interview Questions

• introduce yourself   1 Answer
    • Did you have any sales targets to meet?   Answer Question
    • where do you prefer to work? location / department   Answer Question
    • what are your favorite brands?   Answer Question
    • how is your availability? as i was working somewhere else when i did my interview   1 Answer

Beauty Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at David Jones (Sydney (Australia)) in January 2017.

Interview

We had to submit a resume and cover letter, then do an online interview and then about twenty of us, for different roles within the company, were invited to a group interview. The group interview consisted of three activities and then a one-on-one interview. For the group interview we were seated at tables with three to four others and assessed on how we interacted with each other and presented the information to the assessor.

Interview Questions

• Group Activity Questions
      Choose one word to describe yourself and relate this to your role in David Jones (icebreaker activity)
      What would you do in your role at David Jones to engage with the community and create a better future?
      scenario question - a customer moving into their first home has come to your department to buy small appliances. How would you provide them with the best customer service and how would you know if they had a premium customer service experience?

One on one interview
      Tell us about a time when you had a difficult deadline and how did you meet this challenge?
      Tell us about one of your proudest achievements.
      Have you ever worked in sales?
       Do you have any questions? - prepare some because it won't come easily otherwise although you will definitely think of them later :)

Tips: arrive early to check in downstairs. There were also questions asked in the initial stage before we started the group interviews asking who the brand ambassadors are and what year the company was founded.
      Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at David Jones (Sydney (Australia)) in January 2017.

Interview

easy and friendly. the interview started with group discussion about some scenario in store, the group discuss about how to make a presentation to the question. then proceed to individual interview.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at David Jones (Brisbane (Australia)) in January 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview which was after the first run of a phone interview. Totally around 25 people join the interview and we have been separate into groups.

Interview Questions

• Choose one word to describe yourself
      Tell me your understanding about exceptional customer sevice
      Answer Question

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at David Jones (Melbourne (Australia)) in January 2017.

Interview

I was phoned and invited to a group assessment the following day. The assessment had us in small groups of 3-6 where we answered questions to two customer service scenarios while being observed by staff members, this was followed my a short (10 min) individual interview. The process in general took 1-2 hours. I was called a few hours later with an offer. Overall very impressed with the HR response time from applying to interview.

Interview Questions

• What defines an exceptional customer service experience?   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Holsworthy (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at David Jones (Holsworthy (Australia)) in November 2016.

Interview

Received a phone interview that went for about 10-15 and was quick questions like why do you want to work for David jones etc. they are very similar to the questions answered on the application.

After which I stated I'm going to study aboard for a month and DJs called me before I left asking me to contact them once I get back, which I did.

After that I was invited by phone and email to come to the group assessment. The group assessment commenced in the market street store and approximately had 30-40 people and 6 people per table (groups) and a brief history and who at DJs ambassadors , then you had to choose one word to describe yourself and how that will be carried through if you worked at DJs and then two group activities had to be done among the group the first questions will be on the four values of DJs and the other is a scenario of a customer and how would you help that customer. There will me a HR employee recording you etc and watch how to work so just remember to speak up and have good ideas. After that you get a short one on one interview and they ask your availabilities, experience, why do you think you're good for the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The managers were really nice and very fast on replying and calling I got my offer within three hours of the group assessment

Christmas Casual Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at David Jones (Melbourne (Australia)) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received an invitation for a group interview the next day. The group interview was easy. We were sitting at a table of five to six people and introduce yourself to the group.

Part Time Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at David Jones (Sydney (Australia)) in October 2016.

Interview

Got a lecture about company history before the group interview. Three questions had been given to the random formed group and company staff has walking around to see the discussion of each groups. An individual interview follows the group interview talked about personal information and some basic ideas showed before in the applying form.

Christmas Casual Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at David Jones (Melbourne (Australia)) in September 2016.

Interview

- Group Assessment
    - Table of 5-6 people
    - Show that you're contributing and speak up but its only to your group and you have someone from HR observing everything on each table
    - You present what you have discussed with your group to everyone in the room
    - Simple tasks
    - Got a phone call within the next day by HR with a job offer all within 24 hours

Christmas Casual Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at David Jones (Sydney (Australia)) in September 2016.

Interview

Received an email to attend a group interview in the city. We sat down at a table in groups of six and had to go round the table introducing ourselves and choosing a word that best describes ourselves and how it would help us working in David Jones. Then we had to do 3 activities as a group. There was a scribe who wrote down our ideas and then each of us had to present to the group our ideas (it was pretty easy). There was a talent acquisition specialist sitting with us throughout the process and taking down notes. Just make sure to speak up and be confident when talking with the group.

Interview Questions

• What word best describes you and how does that relate to retail?   Answer Question