Davy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 7, 2016

2.6

Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Davy (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in November 2016.

Interview

Seemed like a fairly straight forward interview. Mostly competency based with a couple of technical questions on markets et cetera. Single interviewer, she was friendly. Thought it went well but got an email saying I wasn't progressing to the second round even though everything I was asked I had prepared. No explanation or feedback as to why which was rather disappointing.

Interview Questions

• Mostly competency based. Not much technical for first round.   Answer Question

Graduate Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Davy (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in October 2016.

Interview

Horrible interview. They presented the company to eight of us applying for the job which was fine but the whole experience was disappointing. The Woman from HR wasn't even interested in my answers. Over all the questions were fine but her attitude towards me from the very start was off-putting. It was just a tick the boxes interview with know real interest from her.

Private Clients Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Davy.

Interview

The process generally takes too long, with a limited amount of feedback or updates in between. The company would be better served putting more emphasis on post-interview feedback and updates as the process can drag out.

General Experienced Professionals Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Davy (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in May 2016.

Interview

Very direct and straight forward phone interview for experienced professionals seeking new opportunities. The interviewer was knowledgeable and knew where to route my CV internally. We were able to cover general skills and background very quickly

Interview Questions

• What are your main interests and areas of expertise?   1 Answer

Graduate Scheme - Private Clients Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Davy (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in November 2015.

Interview

Got through to the second round where you had to present a stock for medium to long term investment to 3 portfolio managers and a HR representative.
    Quite daunting process and the PMs were hostile to the idea.

Interview Questions

Interview

I found the process very quick. I had two interviews in the same week. Standard competency based questions,. I was asked to talk through my cv and what attracted me to the company.

Private Clients Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Davy (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in November 2013.

Interview

3 rounds, all in the office

Interview Questions

• Presentation on a stock that you would recommend. A lot of standard HR questions.   1 Answer

Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Davy (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in October 2013.

Interview

Fill out an application form online by mid October and then you may get called back for an interview two weeks later. Following the interview you may get called back for a case study presentation with a group and following that you may get called back for a final interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to value a company? describe how you would go about it?   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Davy (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in January 2012.

Interview

About 1hr long. It starts with presentation of company's background, history, recruitment process, vacancies, etc. Then followed by a 1 to 1 interview. Typical questions mainly based on your application form and also ask you to recommend stocks.