Davy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 8, 2017

2.9

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Davy (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in August 2017.

Interview

Fast second round days after. Final response took the longest but they said no exactly when they said they'd no by. Fair enough. Second round was most HR talking the operations person just sat back the whole time.

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Davy (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in May 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by recruiter and applied for Davy for me. The interview process was really slow. It took a long time at to get to first interview. First interview was okay. The interviewer asked me mostly about my previous job experience and what interests I have and few technical question related to Java and Spring.

After first interview, again it took 2 weeks to get to 2nd round which was F2F interview. It was very short notice to call for F2F. I was called in the morning that I have to go for F2F today. The interviewer was a bit stubborn. I was trying to explain but he was not even listening. Not a good experience in 2nd round of interview. Few days later recruiter told me that they can only offer the same package which I already have. So I humbly declined the offer. Overall not a good experience.

Interview Questions

• What framework I have used in my previous role. What do I know about Spring framework?   Answer Question
    • What Java8 Features I have used? What is Optional? How do you use it?   Answer Question
    • What is an abstract class? Difference between Set and List? How can you sort the objects in the list?   Answer Question
    • What is difference between Hashmap and HashTable? How do they work internally? What happens if we use Object as a key in Hashmap?   Answer Question
    • How can you defend web application attacks like sql injection , XSS etc ? Also what if client side validation is turned off?   Answer Question

Better job opportunities and benefits with another offer

Graduate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Davy (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

Submitted a CV w/ cover letter, got a call within a week inviting for an interview. First round is fairly straightforward, questions mainly on your background and your interest in finance and trading etc.

Second round is a stock pitch, you get about 4-5 days to research a stock a present it to the firm's hierarchy.

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Davy (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in March 2017.

Interview

The whole interview in overall was fine. I received a lot of good questions. Anyway I noticed that people who interviewed me, they were quite bored. I was not sure if it's because of me or other factor involved, but I found out after two weeks later, when I received phone call from different agency that there is a great offer from DAVY for that position. So, it means that they are still looking for a employee. Just for record, until now I have not received any feedback after that interview.

Interview Questions

• What is SQL Injection and how to secure web application ?   Answer Question

Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Davy (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in November 2016.

Interview

Seemed like a fairly straight forward interview. Mostly competency based with a couple of technical questions on markets et cetera. Single interviewer, she was friendly. Thought it went well but got an email saying I wasn't progressing to the second round even though everything I was asked I had prepared. No explanation or feedback as to why which was rather disappointing.

Interview Questions

• Mostly competency based. Not much technical for first round.   Answer Question

Graduate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Davy (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in November 2016.

Interview

First round interview was about talking through your CV with a few technical questions (previous experience, interest in the role, educational background). Second stage interviews involved an investment pitch to a panel of Directors in Davys.

Interview Questions

• Based on the current market what would you invest your money in?   Answer Question

Graduate Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Davy (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in October 2016.

Interview

Horrible interview. They presented the company to eight of us applying for the job which was fine but the whole experience was disappointing. The Woman from HR wasn't even interested in my answers. Over all the questions were fine but her attitude towards me from the very start was off-putting. It was just a tick the boxes interview with know real interest from her.

Investment Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Davy (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in August 2016.

Interview

The position was advertised and I applied. I discussed with HR and was then interviewed by two people I would be working for. Following that I had a brief discussion with the Head of HR.

Interview Questions

• Experience and track record of delivering excellent client service.   Answer Question

Private Clients Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Davy.

Interview

The process generally takes too long, with a limited amount of feedback or updates in between. The company would be better served putting more emphasis on post-interview feedback and updates as the process can drag out.

General Experienced Professionals Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Davy (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in May 2016.

Interview

Very direct and straight forward phone interview for experienced professionals seeking new opportunities. The interviewer was knowledgeable and knew where to route my CV internally. We were able to cover general skills and background very quickly

Interview Questions

• What are your main interests and areas of expertise?   1 Answer