De La Rue Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 8, 2016

2.6

Junior Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at De La Rue (Irving, TX) in September 2012.

Interview

I had a phone interview, everything went very well. They contacted me a week later for me to come in and do an on-site interview. I thought everything went really well.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question was think of three weakness. I couldn't come up with three; I only told them one.   Answer Question

Production Staff Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at De La Rue in January 2011.

Interview

Hired from temp therefore there wasn't really a process other than signing paperwork. I don't know what else I can say, there was an arrangement with the temp agency for all pre-screening of workers and ultimately after six months if you were still there you were hired on full time

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at De La Rue (Irving, TX) in March 2010.

Interview

Applied online on Wednesday, was contacted by HR on Friday to set up a phone interview for Monday. Had phone interview on Monday and then was scheduled for an in-plant interview on Wednesday.

Panel type interview with hiring manager and three other department mangers. They seemed to be distracted during interview. One reeked of cigarette smoke and seemed antsy to leave - probably needed a nicotine fix. One actually walked out during the process and came back a few minutes later with food which they snacked on for the remainder of the interview. They didn't seem to know what they wanted. Interview was quite disorganized - questions were bizarrely random.

Business Development Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Basingstoke, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at De La Rue (Basingstoke, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

A long drawn out process that just dragged on to no answers. no job offer or any feedback.

It took a month to schedule an initial interview. After a good meeting with the HRD, we moved five weeks later to a two hour panel interview with the CCO and team. Following this an interview was scheduled with the CEO for a fortnight after, this was then cancelled at short notice with a promise of a new date. Following many chases, no answers and no other correspondence, I wonder how DLR do business? I feel happy I don't work for this company.

Product Line Manager ID Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Basingstoke, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at De La Rue (Basingstoke, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

10 candidate assessment day

Individual interviews with several groups to investigate specific areas of expertise, and personality alignment with the company. None of the groups showed a high level of skill in the interview process and did not instil much confidence in this management team.

There was feedback post-interview. It was quite basic and speaking for myself it was not useful for future interviews.

Interview Questions

• Presentation on previous product management example   1 Answer

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Basingstoke, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at De La Rue (Basingstoke, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

around 45 minutes, fairly formal .... Turned out to be more of an admin role assisting marketing managers. But that's where you learn. Touch interviewer to crack I found. Thought I wanted more in terms of career development.

Interview Questions

• Why de la rue? What can you offer? admin skills? What type role are you after? Previous employment and education ?   Answer Question

De La Rue Response

Sep 7, 2015 – Communications Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your interview experience at De La Rue, it's always useful for us to hear from interview candidates as well as employees. We ask a variety of ... More

Delivery Manager Interview

Interview

The process is quite drawn out because De La Rue require a 1st and 2nd interview, you then have to go through internal clearance and Security Clearance. I have worked for other companies where the process is much slicker. You also have to bring signed forms into the business before you can start, these couldn't be posted.

Interview Questions

• The questions experienced weren't particularly challenging.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was a bit drawn out.

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Basingstoke, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at De La Rue (Basingstoke, England (UK)) in August 2013.

Interview

Applied through magazine advert. A reply was made within two months which was far too long. Interview was set place at headquarter via Basingstoke, met with the design manager plus designer.
    Provided portfoiio of work and general comments of the company. Had brief tour and the process lasts an hour.

Interview Questions

• Did explain the nature of the work - not much expansion of creativity or new areas regarding as being the largest global company.   Answer Question

Would prefer to be with a company with more creative scope

Procurement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Basingstoke, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at De La Rue (Basingstoke, England (UK)) in June 2012.

Interview

Professional at all times, interviewers at all levels were friendly and helpful. The process itself was quite standard with 1st round and 2nd round interviews with increasingly more important interviewers from several different sections of the business. The office was clearly expensive but low key, all fixtures and fittings ooze money; everywhere you go it is obvious this is a company that are doing well! The employees are all content with their employers, some that I met had 40+ years service. The culture is smart and dynamic, it's very clear that these two things are highly prized at De La Rue.

Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Basingstoke, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at De La Rue (Basingstoke, England (UK)) in March 2012.

Interview

Describe your greatest achievement
    why you want to work here