De La Rue Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 28, 2017

2.7

Junior Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at De La Rue (Irving, TX) in September 2012.

Interview

I had a phone interview, everything went very well. They contacted me a week later for me to come in and do an on-site interview. I thought everything went really well.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question was think of three weakness. I couldn't come up with three; I only told them one.   Answer Question

Production Staff Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at De La Rue in January 2011.

Interview

Hired from temp therefore there wasn't really a process other than signing paperwork. I don't know what else I can say, there was an arrangement with the temp agency for all pre-screening of workers and ultimately after six months if you were still there you were hired on full time

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at De La Rue (Irving, TX) in March 2010.

Interview

Applied online on Wednesday, was contacted by HR on Friday to set up a phone interview for Monday. Had phone interview on Monday and then was scheduled for an in-plant interview on Wednesday.

Panel type interview with hiring manager and three other department mangers. They seemed to be distracted during interview. One reeked of cigarette smoke and seemed antsy to leave - probably needed a nicotine fix. One actually walked out during the process and came back a few minutes later with food which they snacked on for the remainder of the interview. They didn't seem to know what they wanted. Interview was quite disorganized - questions were bizarrely random.

Product Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Basingstoke, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at De La Rue (Basingstoke, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

Quick and friendly phone screening which led to in person interview, including a 10-15min presentation on a very broad topic. There was an expectation to understand quite a lot about the industry and various processes which I was unprepared for. I had to present on the laptop I had brought with me as the room didn't have any AV equipment. Very detailed paperwork requirement for a first interview which took me the better part of a day to pull together.

Interview Questions

• What are some considerations of security printing on banknotes compared to packaging   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birkirkara (Malta)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at De La Rue (Birkirkara (Malta)).

Interview

Long and technical first interview, more than 90 mins. The HR provides a brief overview of the company, and asks for a psychometric test, which takes roughly 30 minutes. Then the head of development provides a brief technical introduction about the company, after which the interviewee is provided with a set of questions to be answered in 20-30 mins.

The second interview consists of a full day working at the company.

Business Development Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Basingstoke, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at De La Rue (Basingstoke, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

A long drawn out process that just dragged on to no answers. no job offer or any feedback.

It took a month to schedule an initial interview. After a good meeting with the HRD, we moved five weeks later to a two hour panel interview with the CCO and team. Following this an interview was scheduled with the CEO for a fortnight after, this was then cancelled at short notice with a promise of a new date. Following many chases, no answers and no other correspondence, I wonder how DLR do business? I feel happy I don't work for this company.

Product Line Manager ID Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Basingstoke, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at De La Rue (Basingstoke, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

10 candidate assessment day

Individual interviews with several groups to investigate specific areas of expertise, and personality alignment with the company. None of the groups showed a high level of skill in the interview process and did not instil much confidence in this management team.

There was feedback post-interview. It was quite basic and speaking for myself it was not useful for future interviews.

Interview Questions

• Presentation on previous product management example   1 Answer

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Basingstoke, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at De La Rue (Basingstoke, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

around 45 minutes, fairly formal .... Turned out to be more of an admin role assisting marketing managers. But that's where you learn. Touch interviewer to crack I found. Thought I wanted more in terms of career development.

Interview Questions

• Why de la rue? What can you offer? admin skills? What type role are you after? Previous employment and education ?   Answer Question

De La Rue Response

Sep 7, 2015 – Communications Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your interview experience at De La Rue, it's always useful for us to hear from interview candidates as well as employees. We ask a variety of... More

Machine Operative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gateshead, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at De La Rue (Gateshead, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

Simple, standard procedure. Did not ask too many questions.

The usual 'talk me through your CV' question was asked and this is a great chance to elaborate on what you can bring to the company - focus only on key skills related to the job such as having a great attention to detail.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest skill?   1 Answer

Delivery Manager Interview

Interview

The process is quite drawn out because De La Rue require a 1st and 2nd interview, you then have to go through internal clearance and Security Clearance. I have worked for other companies where the process is much slicker. You also have to bring signed forms into the business before you can start, these couldn't be posted.

Interview Questions

• The questions experienced weren't particularly challenging.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was a bit drawn out.