Dealer eProcess PHP Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Dealer eProcess

1 Interview Review

PHP Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dealer eProcess (Chicago, IL) in November 2018.

Interview

First there is a phone screen. There's nothing technical but the recruiter knows more than the average. She'll ask you specific technologies you worked with, what methodology your team followed, etc... They weigh the phone screen heavily since there's only two interviews total.

One thing to mention is they are super weary of having multiple employers on your resume and a computer science degree(more on this in a bit). Weary as in they don't like it. If you have either of these on your resume, expect a handful of questions.

The in-person interview went great, it's an open discussion between their two of the higher ups and yourself. No technical questions whatsoever. They do expect you to bring in questions so they know you are interested in the company and not just a job to make money. It's a hefty conversation that lasted 2 hours majority of it the interviewers asking you specific questions. Toward the end of the interview the interviewer blurts out "we usually don't hire people with college degrees.." I had a CS degree so it was a bit awkward.

The last final test is a take home assignment. You are allowed to use Google. Expect some basic OOP questions in PHP like the difference between private, protected, and public, what bit operators do, etc.. There is also segments to write code and to debug/code review.

After completing the assignment I got completely ghosted. The once cheerful HR representative never responded to my emails.