Debenhams Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 20, 2017

2.5

Customer Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Debenhams (Telephone, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

it was a tele interview lady was nice but was in too hurry asked few questions then said they will ge back in couple of weeks but got email of sorry

Interview Questions

• asked why wanna work for them,what is customer service and forgot 3rd one   Answer Question

Senior Sales Adviser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Debenhams.

Interview

I applied online and got an e-mail telling me to book a telephone interview. The telephone interview was fairly short and asked basic questions such as, "why would you like to work for Debenhams?" and "what do you think this role will involve?" She told me over the phone that I was invited for the group interview and the one on ones, which were both pretty easy. The one on ine interview asked me about Debenhams competitors and what service Debenhams provides.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work here?
      What do you think the role will involve?
      Who are our competitors?
      What services do we provide?
      How would help a customer that couldn't find what they were looking for in store?

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Debenhams (London, England (UK)).

Interview

First there was a group interview with very friendly, welcoming store trainers.
    Then 1 to 1 interview.
    Then if your successful you get a call back within a week where they ask you to attend an induction day. Where you have a tour of the store and meet your team etc.
    Then there's till and health and safety training.

Stock Room Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oldham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Debenhams (Oldham, England (UK)).

Interview

Firstly we were called in for a group interview for an hour or so then management called us individually to intreview everyone face to face. Group interview was simple, a few ideas about customer scenarios and talk about previous job roles with a short introduction.
    The individual interview some people found difficult but I found it fairly average and I was told later my interview was one of the best.

Interview Questions

• What do you think your job role will consist of?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for Debenhams?   1 Answer

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Debenhams.

Interview

Online Interview- application form asking basic questions including right to work in uk, why suitable for the role, any previous experience
    Phone Interview- reviewing and expanding upon cv
    Group Interview- very relaxed given a few scenarios with other interviewees
    One to one interview- regarding cv by floor manager

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a suitable candidate?   1 Answer

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Debenhams.

Interview

Applied online. Simple process, online form and phone interview were both short. Face to face interview was very relaxed and actually rather fun (group tasks and short one on one interview).

Merchandising Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Debenhams (Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online then was give a telephone interview, which was fairly easy and simple, only took about 10 mins. Was told straight away that i was successful and was given a store interview for a week later. in the interview there were 9 of us, we first of all started with an icebreaker of 2truths, 1 lie which then we had to share with the rest of the group. after that we were put in groups of 2/3 we were each given a diffeent section on the shopfloor for which we had to say the good and bad things about the presentation of that particualr sectiona and feedback to the group. after that was the 1.1 inetrview which felt very relaxed. They didnt say when i would hear back from them so for now i just waiting. overall though i would say to just research customer service and the basics about debenhmas such as the services and competitiors. and dont stress.

Interview Questions

• telephone interview:
      why debenhams?
      what is good customer service?
      what does it mean to be part of a team?
      what services -do debenahams offer?
      wat do u think this position entails?

store interview?
      debenhams competitors and how to learn from them. what makes them different?
      describe a time recieved bad customer service?
      how this role will fit in with ur future aspirations. plans?
      skills u can bring to the store?
      how would ur colleagues/ customers know when youre stressed?

Sales Advisor Christmas Temp Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Debenhams in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online and then had a phone interview which lasted about 10 minutes. The women asked why I wanted to work in debenhams, what is good customer service, and what would the job entail. I was successful with the phone interview and was asked to come in for a group interview and a 1 on 1 interview. In the group interview we started with interviewing the person next to us and then presenting it back to the group. We were the split into small groups and were asked how to engage customers. The 1 on 1 interview had similar questions to the phone interview. They said I would hear back within a week or two so I haven't got an offer yet.

Sales Adviser Interview

Interview

Interview Questions

• Debenhams competitors and how to learn from them. what makes them different?
      describe a time received bad customer service?
      how this role will fit in with ur future aspirations. plans?
      skills u can bring to the store?
      how would ur colleagues/ customers know when you're stressed?

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eltham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Debenhams (Eltham, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Initial online application was quick and easy a few questions. Then got an email inviting me for a telephone interview which I had booked for a few weeks later as this was the only slot. Was told straight away that I had been successful and went for a group interview in store, was 6 girls and very relaxed. Short ice breaker/introduction then had to pick and outfit from the shop floor. 1-1 interview relaxed and comfortable I got on well worth interviewer she was lovely. Got a call yesterday to say I've got the job.