Deem Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Deem Interview Questions

2.9

Sort:

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deem (Foster City, CA) in April 2009.

Interview

The phone technical screens were straightforward (as they asked some basic, intermediate and advanced Java questions, as well as general questions on HTTP and servlets).

I had two on-site interviews, each lasting about 2-3 hours. The format for each interviewer was to ask a IQ puzzler and then a coding question. The IQ questions were: tossing two eggs off a building (a popular question lifted from Google's repertoire), computing the angle between the minute and hour hands of a clock and devising a way for representing VCR+ codes in a small amount of bits (yes I know, quite retro but a decent question). The Java questions themselves are not particularly difficult, although they did ask an open-ended OO-design question asking how to design an elevator system.

Round One actually went reasonably well for me, so they called me in for round two. Sadly, I was doomed from the start: for a reason that is inexplicable to me - the interviewer's mannerism made it clear that he did not approve of my candidacy. Despite the fact that I was able to implement a hash table from scratch using only Java primitives and explain how to make it thread-safe (we are talking basic stuff here). But, when I asked him about the corporate culture of Rearden Commerce his bias against me became clear when he responded: "We are *results* driven". His tone of voice suggested that somehow he concluded that I am somehow not results driven. My past experience, rave reviews and monotonically increasing salary history begs to differ.

Needless to say: I did not receive an offer from this company. And until clairvoyance has been proven as a valid tool for interviewers, be prepared for such unprofessionalism if you interview with Rearden Commerce. Speaking of unprofessionalism, a hiring manager also admitted to me that the MO of engineers at this company is to tell their coworkers "your code sucks!". Perhaps I should consider myself spared.

Interview Questions

• Compute the angle between the hour and minute hands of a clock.   1 Answer
    • Design a hash-table using only Java primitives   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Deem (Foster City, CA) in September 2010.

Interview

Had a Phone interview with Hiring Manager..and most of the question was regarding my current project....and how to design API. Next week they called me for in-person interview. It was 3 hours long with 3 different team members. 1st interviewer: Drilled on DB, JSP, Struts, working of Beans.
    2nd: Drill on Concept and Analytical thinking. Finally, Hiring Manager ask me 2 question..one i gave correct answer and another i did not.. So I knew I was rejected...:(

Interview Questions

• A file contain billion entries and I want to sort the file in aaa, bbb, abc, everything else...   1 Answer
    • Given 2 ropes, both will burn entirely in one hour ..How will you know how much the rope is burned in 45 mins? Ropes can burn slow or fast but will take exact 1 hour to burn completely   1 Answer
    • What if we don;t want to use loop? or What is alternative to loops   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Deem (Foster City, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

They really like to drag you along with a carrot on a rope. I was part of a group interview session, and I have since spoken with others that interviewed with me that day and their experiences were similar. One candidate never received a response positive/negative afterwards. And me and two others were told that we were their top choice and they indicated they were just waiting for the CTO to make an offer. Eight weeks later I was finally informed that they are "restructuring" and are no longer accepting candidates.

My recommendation, don't waste your time with this company, as they will surely waste yours.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Got hired in 2 months. The process was long.

Negotiation

Was easy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deem (Foster City, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Started with a phone call and later invited for onsite interview. I was interviewed by five folks for 5hrs, each covering various area of work, mainly search engine related, algorithmic, data structure, java coding problems etc, but they rejected me in spite of doing very well and answering everything.

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Deem (Scottsdale, AZ) in August 2012.

Interview

Phone interview , HR face to face interview and Interview with director, then an offer. the hone interview was with Human Resources, you then coordinated a one on one. There's second interview with one on one with the Director. I received an offer within 24 hours.

Interview Questions

• Whats the 3 most important qualities you look for in an employer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deem (Scottsdale, AZ) in September 2011.

Interview

Interviewed at Rearden Commerce at their Scottsdale, AZ location

Market Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deem.

Interview

tough

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deem (Scottsdale, AZ).

Interview

2 interviews, very personable Director interviewing or, should I say, selling the dream. And that's what he did. I was not familiar with this company; had never heard of them so he spent more time selling me than I him. Unfortunately I bought in and wasted 6 months of my professional life on an opportunity that was not worthwhile. It was common for new training classes to start off with 20 and by the end of the first week on the floor have only a few left.

Negotiation

No negotiation

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deem in April 2009.

Interview

Corporate Recruiter called and asked standard questions - rahash of my past experience. Standard marketing related questions. Told me that he would setup a interview in a day or two OR let me know if there is no interest. Did not get any call or response. Given that I applied online (no recruiter) I assumed that there was a lot of experience they liked in my resume. They reposted the same job twice over the past two weeks - I wish I had a chance to meet the hiring manager instead of a corporate recruiter.