Deem Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Deem Interview Questions

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deem (Scottsdale, AZ).

Interview

I spoke with a recruiter over the phone before an initial phone interview with the hiring manager. The process was a little longer than I imagine was typical because the manager was remote and I interviewed with multiple people over several visits. They were accommodating with my schedule limitations and everyone I spoke with was transparent and honest.

Interview Questions

• Expectations were high throughout the interviews and they asked me a lot about my experience and how I would manage all of the responsibilities of the role.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deem (San Francisco, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

2 phone interviews, 2 in person interviews in SF. Everyone was very nice and the process went at a good pace. Good technical questions. They gave me food and snacks with cool views of the bridge. I met with people from almost every level within the Engineering team: staff, VP, Principal software engineer. Questions were often tough and during interviews back to back it was tiring.

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Interview

This position was advertised as a full time position but then suggested to be switched to a contract to hire late in the interview process. The rest of the process was very dis organized.

Interview Questions

• Repeatedly asked: would you like to work as a contractor for the first month?   1 Answer

Nov 4, 2014 – Lead Recruiter

Thank you for your comments regarding your interview experience. I'm sorry to hear it didn't turn out as expected and appreciate your feedback to help us improve our process in the future.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deem (Scottsdale, AZ).

Interview

Basic question about your past work experience, what do you want in life...etc. I spoke to the VP and was also interviewed by the sales mangers. They asked the same questions...just trying to feel you out as a possible fit with the company. When I joined "culture" was a big thing...they only wanted to hire the right people. Now they just want to hire people.

Negotiation

none - take it or leave it

Nov 4, 2014 – Lead Recruiter

Thanks for providing your thoughts on our hiring process. We are always looking to hire the best candidates to join Deem and are careful when assessing both cultural fit and level of experience ... More

Interview

Interviewed with five separate people. Two were from Product, three were from other departments. I was tested with technical and analytics questions, as well as polled for "fit." Interviews were very casual and conversational. Interviewers had a few structured questions, but mostly we engaged in a dialog.

Interview Questions

• There were several questions revolving around how to say no. There was also an exercise where I had to spec something out in real time. Afterwards, I was asked to explain why I made some decisions.   Answer Question

Nov 4, 2014 – Lead Recruiter

I'm glad to hear you had a good interview experience and ended up joining Deem!

Market Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deem (Scottsdale, AZ).

Interview

2 interviews, very personable Director interviewing or, should I say, selling the dream. And that's what he did. I was not familiar with this company; had never heard of them so he spent more time selling me than I him. Unfortunately I bought in and wasted 6 months of my professional life on an opportunity that was not worthwhile. It was common for new training classes to start off with 20 and by the end of the first week on the floor have only a few left.

Negotiation

No negotiation

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deem (Foster City, CA).

Interview

I applied online and then was contacted by a recruiter. The phone interview was standard - basic screening questions. Later was scheduled an onsite interview with executive level manager and hiring manager. The executive level manager was sick, so I had to do a conference call with him. The recruiter seemed really friendly at first. But after the interview with the hiring manager, the recruiter's tone changed from friendly to a bit standoffish. Also, the hiring manager did not seem eager to do the interview, whether it be she was tired (as she mentioned during the interview) or she didn't like me. There was one part of the interview when she talked about the history of the company and how morale has changed since a previous lay-off, so I do respect and appreciate her honesty and openness about the company.

Everyone that I came in contact with (from other departments) seemed to be very nice and helpful. When I was standing in the lobby, at least 3 employees came and asked if I needed help or wanted some water.

The recruiter mentioned that they would make a final decision the following week and she would let me know. I never heard from the recruiter again despite my follow-up emails.

Interview Questions

• On a scale of 1 to 10, what is your level of OCD?   1 Answer

Market Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deem.

Interview

tough

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deem (Foster City, CA).

Interview

Initial phone interview with recruiter and hiring manager totaled about 45 minutes. In person interview was about 5-6 hours. Interviewed by 6 people one after the others. Not a panel interview. Questions were specific to the role. Everyone seemed genuinely nice and very knowledgeable in their own areas of expertise.

Interview Questions

• No unusual or difficult questions Pretty standard technical questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I got a very good offer and accepted it without counter-offering.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Got hired in 2 months. The process was long.

Negotiation

Was easy.