Delaware Investments Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Delaware Investments Interview Questions

2.6

Quantitative Equity Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Delaware Investments (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

I had two interviews: one phone and one on-site. In the first round, the head of the team called me and we went through my background and she checked with me the necessary skills that would be used in daily work; In the on-site interview, I talked with my future colleagues each in 30 minutes and then we went to lunch together! It was a really nice experience!

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Delaware Investments (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

Mostly a sizing up process, not too many real world analytical questions but more of a screening for what kind of person you are and what intentions you might have

Interview Questions

• What sets you apart from the other people we are interviewing?   1 Answer

MA Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Delaware Investments (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2013.

Interview

The company has a friendly culture and generally seem to favor people who fit the profile. They place emphasis on ethics and sound financial decision making, and appear to be risk averse. Once you apply, they will go through the resumes, contact the people who's resumes fit the description and have an interview or two if the decision is close. During the interview process, you will most likely not be going through any statistics, but rather an overview of your resume and basic financial knowledge about stocks/bonds. If you don't have much finance experience, there's still a chance for you to get the job because a lot of people in this firm have been given a chance for which they are grateful.

Bottom line: would I work here again? Yes, if for no other reason than simply great work atmosphere (out of a 100 people maybe 1 seemed unfriendly)

Interview Questions

• General finance knowledge. No trick questions.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Delaware Investments.

Interview

The hiring process was more indepth than most places. All new hires must be interviewed by upper management before receiving a job offer, no matter what position you are applying for. Delaware also requires all new hires to complete a psychometric assessment.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult was the psychometric assessment as their were general practice questions made available but the overall test was timed. You had to complete a certain number of questions and obtain a score in an overall range, which was not shared with the individual. Once the test was completed, if you obtained a score in the targeted range you moved onto the next step in the interview process. If you didn't obtain the desired score you would potentially no longer be a candidate for the open position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Minimal negotiation as I was pleased with the compensation package and start date that was originally offered.

Service Center Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Delaware Investments (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2010.

Interview

When I first went in, I interviewed with 2 people who asked me very basic questions about my resume and then I interviewed with one person individually who delved deeper into why I wanted to work there-why finance is I was a marketing major.

Accounting Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Delaware Investments (Philadelphia, PA) in December 2008.

Interview

Pretty basic behavioral questions. Helps if you learn about the industry that the department specializes in.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the managed accounts industry? Why did you pick the college you chose?   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate/Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Delaware Investments (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2008.

Interview

The interview was carried out by a senior executive of the operations department who was very nice to talk to. The interview was very informal and began with a simple review of my resume in which he went over each individual point and asked me to comment on it. Following that, he provided me with an overview of the job and the company and allowed me to ask any questions that I had. Overall, the interview lasted about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• How do your previous job experiences enable you to become a good fit for our team?   Answer Question