Denim Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 18, 2017

2.4

Information Security Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Denim Group (San Antonio, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

First off Im new to the information security industry and a recent graduate from a local university. I applied online during the holidays and was contacted via email about a week after with a technical assessment of about 5 questions. Then maybe a week later from submitting my assessment i was contacted again via email to schedule a skype interview which went terrible. i just felt like i was being spoken to as if they were better than me so i lost interest and at that point didnt care to finish my interview and wasnt a great experience for me.

Consultant I Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Denim Group.

Interview

The interview process is very straightforward. First, you're given a very simple programming assignment that you can complete in less than a day. If they like your solution, they'll give you a technical interview to assess what role you're best suited for. There's also a second interview which pretty much is used to determine if you'll be a good fit for denim and viceversa. The folks at HR are very fast to respond and, unlike other companies, they'll get back to you even if an offer is not made.

Interview Questions

• Since the company has a strong focus on security, it is helpful to know about vulnerabilities in web apps and how to prevent them.   Answer Question

Consultant I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Denim Group (San Antonio, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I was asked to answer some general questions about my strengths and weaknesses not necessarily related to programming and submit electronically. Once they received my responses, I was send a link to take a technical assessment to be completed and timed (2 hours max).

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you acted as a good leader/follower.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Denim Group.

Interview

1. Apply online. 2. Complete a survey about your background. 3. One online assessment, three simple programming questions: array or string algorithm. 4. Skype interview. Two senior developers will talk with you. Behavior questions, OOP concepts questions and professional questions about security, source control software.

Interview Questions

• Very simple online assessment but professional questions in the Skype interview about secure assessment.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Denim Group in February 2015.

Interview

submitted application online
    requested to fill out additional information form
    online coding assessment(3 easy problems, one of them is FizzBuzz)
    Skype interview
    another Skype interview

At last, I received a "Thank you" letter claiming they don't feel that my experience matches up with the specific role they are trying to fill. Since all my experience is shown on the resume, I don't understand why they wasted the time of mine and themselves doing so many rounds of interviews if they think my experience is not qualified.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Denim Group.

Interview

It was a very easy interview just a basic programming questions. General questions were asked more than technical questions.
    I had to do a programming assignment which was a basic Dynamic programming question. Then an onsite interview was setup after one week with 2 programmers.
    The problem is that the interviewers are recent graduates and unprofessional who don't even know basic knowledge about OOP.

Interview Questions

• Nothing, just a trivial questions about FizzBuzz and Reverse String   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Denim Group.

Interview

I applied for a job on the denimgroup website, one day later I was contacted by email. I had to fill out a series of questions online (ex: Tell me about your most recent project).

The next step was an online technical assessment, I was given one to two days to complete it.

The final step was an on site interview at their office with 2 senior developers. They asked me about my resume and then had me solve 3 different problems on a white board.

Negotiation

The offer was good for 3 days.

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Denim Group in May 2014.

Interview

Applied online. A week later, got an email form the HR asking me to take an untimed online assessment, which has a programming question. After a week, got a request for the skype interview. There are 2 panel members in the interview. I was asked to how did I hear about the job, what do I know about the company and asked to write a code for a simple function. Had a technical problem and requested them to reschedule the interview. Got rescheduled for the next day but my technical issue continued. They said they had to run to meeting and will inform HR about the feedback (I already knew the feedback ). After 2 days, got an email saying that they need more experienced candidates than me.

Program; To display fizz for all multiples of 3, display buzz for all ultiple =s of 5 and display fizzbuzz for all multiples of 3 & 5.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Denim Group (San Antonio, TX) in December 2010.

Interview

The interview/hiring process consisted of a written skills test and a group interview with two senior consultants.

Skills test: The skills test was primarily open ended and asked some basic questions to test your knowledge of object oriented programming. There was also questions over basic SQL, application security, software testing, and performance testing.

Group interview: The group interview consisted of a fairly casual assessment of my knowledge and past projects. At the end of the interview, you will be asked to write out the pseudocode for a few simple problems.

Interview Questions

• Write a program to find the n-th fibonacci number, given the number n. What are the pros/cons of your given solution. Are there any other possible implementations?   Answer Question
    • Writing out basic SQL queries with joins and group operations.   Answer Question
    • Write out a test using a testing framework (jUnit, NUnit...). What sort of things would you test for in a unit test and how would you do it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was not negotiation phase. I was being hired as an Associate Consultant and was told that I would be started out at the same amount as every other Associate Consultant.

Software Developer Interview

Interview

Applied for an internship and had to take a test before an interview would be scheduled, got a email a couple of days after the test telling me to come in. Interview was with two people basically going over the test and a couple more questions. I'm pretty sure they weren't hiring interns because every question I asked about interning they kind of skipped around and didn't have exact answers.

I get an email saying they decide to go another direction (which I figured since it didn't seem like they were hiring interns in the interview). A couple days later I get an email asking if I would consider a full time position with them, I responded but never got anything back after that.

Interview Questions

• Fibonacci and finding first repeating char in a string.   Answer Question