Denver Public Schools Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 66 of over 66 interviews

In Person5%
2.7
HardAverageEasy

Denver Public Schools

Application

I interviewed at Denver Public Schools

Interview

Gave me a list of questions to look over prior to the interview, which was very convenient and alleviated a lot of stress. I was interviewed by a team of about 8 people in the school building who all then voted on whether or not to hire me.

Interview Questions
  • How do you use student test scores to drive your instruction
    1 Answer

Denver Public Schools

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Denver Public Schools

Interview

The interview was taken by the Principal and subject experts and a demo class as well. Demo class in front of a class. Topic was given on the same day. Multiple Questions asked by students.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Denver Public Schools

Application

I interviewed at Denver Public Schools

Interview

There was an initial screener call with HR, a project based on the work of the role, two rounds of interviews with multiple people from DPS. Communication was clear and timely.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, CO

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Denver Public Schools (Aurora, CO)

Interview

My first interview went well, topical questions but mostly talking about the position. The second interview was a panel, and frankly, the questions were unprofessional. Asking me about the weirdest place I’ve slept, rapid-fire questions involving Harry Potter vs Twilight, beach vs. mountain, cats vs, dogs, etc. I was asked one question regarding my experience, that’s it. Given that I have over ten years of HR experience, it was insulting that I spent my time advocating for Team Jacob instead of discussing my skills. This type of interview went off the books in an alarming way-did I not get the job because I prefer cats over dogs?! This is why HR questions should be standard across the applicant group. I feel like this group was told to come up with fun questions and this is what I got. Completely unprofessional and disregarding of my experience and interest in the role.

Interview Questions
  • Where is the weirdest place you’ve slept?
  • Rapid-fire: beach or mountains, cats or dogs, Harry Potter/twilight/lord of the rings, a few others like this.

Denver Public Schools

Application

I interviewed at Denver Public Schools

Interview

Traditional in-person interview with a short presentation. Not a lot of communication throughout the process. Discussion about resources for recruitment made it pretty clear that it was not well-funded or prioritized within DPS.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Denver Public Schools (Denver, CO) in Sep 2019

Interview

I took an online exam in mathematics, then I underwent a short phone interview, Finally, I appeared for a 1 hour in-person interview with mock tutoring of 2 students and explained the slope- intercept form of linear equations.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Denver Public Schools (Denver, CO)

Interview

Interview questions were very standard. They didn't really delve into what they were looking for. The culture was extremely stressful but not divulged. There wad animosity between staff and management which made it an uncomfortable work environment.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Denver Public Schools (Denver, CO) in Oct 2018

Interview

After I submitted my resume, I was contacted a couple weeks later and had a phone interview. The questions were standard questions that focused not on experience but how you would handle situations. A week later I had an in person interview with the 3 ladies who currently work in that department each having a question about how I respond to a situation. I was asked to take a written test that asked me what type of insurance would be needed for certain situations.

Interview Questions
  • How would you handle a complaint call that came in from a parent who was upset about their child getting hurt and the claim being denied after it was determined that DPS wasn't liable and they threaten to go to the press.

Denver Public Schools

Application

I interviewed at Denver Public Schools

Interview

Very thorough. I even interviewed with parents! I had to do a model lesson, a phone interview, a group brainstorming session, and an interview with the admin. I was offered the job the next day after the admin interview.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Denver Public Schools (Denver, CO) in May 2018

Interview

After applying, the process was timely and efficient. The interview was about 45 minutes with several SLPs and you could choose in person or video chat. They were all very friendly, encouraging, and open to questions from me. Follow up about the job offer was about 5 days.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 66 Interviews