Denver Public Schools Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Denver Public Schools

2.7

Denver Math Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Denver Public Schools (Denver, CO) in September 2019.

Interview

I took an online exam in mathematics, then I underwent a short phone interview, Finally, I appeared for a 1 hour in-person interview with mock tutoring of 2 students and explained the slope- intercept form of linear equations.

Interview Questions

• tell me one thing in your career that changed your life   Answer Question

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Denver Public Schools (Denver, CO).

Interview

Interview questions were very standard. They didn't really delve into what they were looking for. The culture was extremely stressful but not divulged. There wad animosity between staff and management which made it an uncomfortable work environment.

Risk Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Denver Public Schools (Denver, CO) in October 2018.

Interview

After I submitted my resume, I was contacted a couple weeks later and had a phone interview. The questions were standard questions that focused not on experience but how you would handle situations. A week later I had an in person interview with the 3 ladies who currently work in that department each having a question about how I respond to a situation. I was asked to take a written test that asked me what type of insurance would be needed for certain situations.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a complaint call that came in from a parent who was upset about their child getting hurt and the claim being denied after it was determined that DPS wasn't liable and they threaten to go to the press.   1 Answer

Teacher Interview

Interview

Very thorough. I even interviewed with parents! I had to do a model lesson, a phone interview, a group brainstorming session, and an interview with the admin. I was offered the job the next day after the admin interview.

Speech Language Pathologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Denver Public Schools (Denver, CO) in May 2018.

Interview

After applying, the process was timely and efficient. The interview was about 45 minutes with several SLPs and you could choose in person or video chat. They were all very friendly, encouraging, and open to questions from me. Follow up about the job offer was about 5 days.

Program Aide Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Denver Public Schools (Denver, CO) in February 2018.

Interview

very simple; only one person interviewed me. Lasted about 25 minutes, and then I got a tour of the school. I was given a conditional offer on the spot. The only thing that took a long time was getting paperwork and background checks afterwards.

Interview Questions

• What lesson plan ideas do you have?   1 Answer

Visual Art Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Denver Public Schools (Denver, CO) in November 2017.

Interview

I went to the school location and met with the Vice Principal for my interview. She was very gracious and took me to tour the classroom and materials in the classroom.

Interview Questions

• Vice Principal asked about my previous teaching experience. She didn't ask me any questions I thought were difficult or hard to answer.   Answer Question

PTA Interview

Interview

Online interview by the HR & therapy teams over Skype. Each team member rotated asking questions that pertained to pediatric or school therapy and how the unique needs of these kids would be met.

Paraprofessional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Denver Public Schools (Denver, CO) in August 2017.

Interview

Pretty easy to apply. You only need degree or you need to take their test. If you pass, you will have a job. Then, it took me 20 days to complete my paperwork

Policy Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Denver Public Schools (Denver, CO) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview was a 3 step process. It started with a phone interview, then a writing assignment and lastly an in-person interview. The in-person consisted of two separate group panels each lasting about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Which one of our core values resonates most with you? Describe why.   Answer Question