Denver Public Schools Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Denver Public Schools Interview Questions

Updated Oct 14, 2017

2.7

PTA Interview

Interview

Online interview by the HR & therapy teams over Skype. Each team member rotated asking questions that pertained to pediatric or school therapy and how the unique needs of these kids would be met.

Paraprofessional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Denver Public Schools (Denver, CO) in August 2017.

Interview

Pretty easy to apply. You only need degree or you need to take their test. If you pass, you will have a job. Then, it took me 20 days to complete my paperwork

Contractor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Denver Public Schools in July 2017.

Interview

Quick interview for data entry for school registration. The people were super friendly and they hired me immediately. They said the job could lead to a full-time position if I work hard the first couple months!

Interview Questions

• Do you have gps and a car? Do you have data entry experience   1 Answer

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Denver Public Schools (Denver, CO).

Interview

Got my PhD a while back & worked at education non-profits for a year-ish before getting my current position; thought a job doing research for DPS would be a good way to give back. Because of my skill set/statistics background, I've been phone screened & in-person interviewed for 2 different positions with roughly the same title at DPS. However, staffers made it clear that modelling & analytics experience is secondary to having held a teaching credential (which I haven't).

I have a gaggle of friends that have positions creating predictive models, employ high-level stats all the time, & are great at what they do. I've never met a one that was all that AND a formerly credentialed teacher that had worked in the classroom. Good luck to them finding someone in the Denver area who spent years in the classroom entirely immersed in pedagogy but somehow also has enough of an analytics background that they are going to outperform a PhD-level scientist at the job. Given that the other people I met also interviewing were Business Intelligence types from Sports Authority and Van Lines (both companies since closed), I think their search requirements are pretty unrealistic. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I will say that the mass 'Central Hiring Fair' format was really weird. They invite 200 people to the 14th floor of their building in downtown Denver for a 'Fair' between 4:30 and 6:15. You have to sign in with someone to talk to the person relevant to the job you applied for; if you don't find the sign-in person (they aren't at a fixed location), you'll end up toward the bottom of the list. That one person interviews each person that signed up to talk to them (could be 40 people) for about 5 to 15 minutes. Being at the bottom of the list can mean sitting around for nearly 2 hours and not talking to the person you came to see. I understand they have a lot of departments/positions to fill, but it was pretty chaotic. Based on my experiences, I probably won't apply for future listings at DPS - doesn't seem worth it.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest strength & weakness? (Seriously, they asked this question *rolls eyes*)   Answer Question
    • Why are you interested in the position?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Denver Public Schools (Denver, CO) in May 2017.

Interview

Confusing and very disorganized. No offer letter until you accept, individuals were unprofessional, not on time, seemed not to know what questions to ask, was not concern with my background or education. The location does not offer most employees parking or have a parking option for monthly passes, you are on your own. Administration building has schools in it so the environment is different than most office environments.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Denver Public Schools   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Application

Interview

I had a phone interview followed up with a two-hour in person interview - two panel interviews, a tour of the facility and one more interview with the supervisor and executive director. All were great except for one of the panel interviews - the three people did not seem to be on board with each other. Gave me a strange feeling.

Database Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Denver Public Schools (Denver, CO).

Interview

8 women all at once. Each one asking various questions. Though they gave me a skills test, only 1/8 could actually do it themselves. It was irritating to be interviewed for a job that most of them did not understand themselves. It's an old crony, buying my time to retirement, type of atmosphere.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Denver Public Schools.

Interview

1) Apply online to "General Teaching Pool 2) Invited to do online survey /assessment - 100 questions, some are math/problem solving, others are situational. Assessment is timed. 3) Invited to 20 min phone interview They only ask 4-5 questions along with confirming your licensure and contract information. 4) Next step = if "pass" phone interview, then you will be "invited" to apply for actual open teaching positions. I was told I would find out in 1-2 business days whether I can apply for positions. **Note: I accidentally clicked "Yes, but I declined" on "did you receive an offer" - I assumed the - meant "not applicable" (which is my situation at this point) and there seems to be no way to "undo" that selection.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Denver Public Schools.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the person who would become my supervisor. She was stern but cordial. I did not interview with anybody else from the team. The questions were typical interview questions and nothing too hard or irrelevant.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to communicate with stakeholders across different levels?   Answer Question

Financial Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Denver Public Schools (Denver, CO) in November 2016.

Interview

Excel test - Phone Interview - Group Skype interview - Decision.

First, if you agree and want to move forward with the process, they'll send you an excel spreadsheet problem. After that, when you submit it, they'll see if they want to move forward to the next step (phone interview).

Phone interview is 15 minutes. They ask why you want to work there, and how does your experience fit the role.

If they like you, you'll be invited to have a Skype interview with 2 or 3 other members (besides the hiring manager) about your excel test, and then about your previous work experience and how it ties to the role you're applying to.

After a week or so, they'll make a decision and let you know.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to explain financial terms and complex situations to non-financial people?   Answer Question