KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Is this your company?

Add an Interview

Denver Public Schools Interview Questions

Updated Aug 3, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 76 of over 76 interviews

In Person5%
2.7
HardAverageEasy

Denver Public Schools

Application

I interviewed at Denver Public Schools

Interview

The interview process included a hiring task and a chance to engage in a role play (in addition to responding to interview questions). I met with a range of people from the team and was able to ask questions.

Interview Questions
  • What are your beliefs about literacy instruction?
    1 Answer

Denver Public Schools

Application

I interviewed at Denver Public Schools

Interview

Conducted online and easy, with a set of general questions to answer. The person who interviewed was very friendly, courteous, kind, and informed me about the school district, and particularly how it strives to help children.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The latest conversations about Teachers

Join the conversation on

Teachers

1y

a

West Virginia Elementary School Teacher

Who is taking the COVID-19 Shot? Do you think all teachers should?

2,927

972 Comments

Join the conversation on

Denver Public Schools

Application

I interviewed at Denver Public Schools

Interview

It consisted of a performance task and a panel interview, as well as a short q&a about the task. The task was working with some quant or qual data (they let you pick). Interview was with groups, but talking with everyone on the team as some point

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Denver Public Schools

Application

I interviewed at Denver Public Schools

Interview

It was a panel interview, they had scenarios already created that were difficult to understand. @ people on the panel had their cameras off so it was just a voice in the dark.

Denver Public Schools

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Denver Public Schools in Jul 2021

Interview

The initial interview through Denver Public Schools was a breeze. Scheduled a 15 minute phone interview the day after submitting my resume and have interviews scheduled for specific schools later this week. In total the interview process will probably take around 2 weeks

Interview Questions
  • Can you tell us about a time that you overcame a challenge in the workplace and what you did to overcome it?

Denver Public Schools

Application

I interviewed at Denver Public Schools

Interview

Gave me a list of questions to look over prior to the interview, which was very convenient and alleviated a lot of stress. I was interviewed by a team of about 8 people in the school building who all then voted on whether or not to hire me.

Interview Questions
  • How do you use student test scores to drive your instruction

Denver Public Schools

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Denver Public Schools

Interview

The interview was taken by the Principal and subject experts and a demo class as well. Demo class in front of a class. Topic was given on the same day. Multiple Questions asked by students.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Denver Public Schools

Application

I interviewed at Denver Public Schools

Interview

There was an initial screener call with HR, a project based on the work of the role, two rounds of interviews with multiple people from DPS. Communication was clear and timely.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Denver Public Schools (Denver, CO) in Jan 2021

Interview

Easy .interview was straightforward questions on experience and interest Interviewer was genuinely interested to hire teacher and evaluate based on performance. Time of interview was adequate and no pressure at all.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, CO

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Denver Public Schools (Aurora, CO)

Interview

My first interview went well, topical questions but mostly talking about the position. The second interview was a panel, and frankly, the questions were unprofessional. Asking me about the weirdest place I’ve slept, rapid-fire questions involving Harry Potter vs Twilight, beach vs. mountain, cats vs, dogs, etc. I was asked one question regarding my experience, that’s it. Given that I have over ten years of HR experience, it was insulting that I spent my time advocating for Team Jacob instead of discussing my skills. This type of interview went off the books in an alarming way-did I not get the job because I prefer cats over dogs?! This is why HR questions should be standard across the applicant group. I feel like this group was told to come up with fun questions and this is what I got. Completely unprofessional and disregarding of my experience and interest in the role.

Interview Questions
  • Where is the weirdest place you’ve slept?
  • Rapid-fire: beach or mountains, cats or dogs, Harry Potter/twilight/lord of the rings, a few others like this.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 76 Interviews

Denver Public Schools Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Denver Public Schools as 61.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.75 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Teacher and Human Resources rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Paraprofessional and Substitute Teacher roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Denver Public Schools takes an average of 32 days when considering 82 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Teacher had the quickest hiring process (on average 7 days), whereas Human Resources roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 59 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Denver Public Schools according to 82 Glassdoor interviews include:

Group Panel Interview: 22.09%