Denver Public Schools Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Denver Public Schools Interview Questions

Updated Feb 16, 2017

2.8

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Denver Public Schools.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the person who would become my supervisor. She was stern but cordial. I did not interview with anybody else from the team. The questions were typical interview questions and nothing too hard or irrelevant.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to communicate with stakeholders across different levels?   Answer Question

Financial Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Denver Public Schools (Denver, CO) in November 2016.

Interview

Excel test - Phone Interview - Group Skype interview - Decision.

First, if you agree and want to move forward with the process, they'll send you an excel spreadsheet problem. After that, when you submit it, they'll see if they want to move forward to the next step (phone interview).

Phone interview is 15 minutes. They ask why you want to work there, and how does your experience fit the role.

If they like you, you'll be invited to have a Skype interview with 2 or 3 other members (besides the hiring manager) about your excel test, and then about your previous work experience and how it ties to the role you're applying to.

After a week or so, they'll make a decision and let you know.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to explain financial terms and complex situations to non-financial people?   Answer Question

Paraprofessional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Denver Public Schools (Denver, CO).

Interview

Easy. Was transferred from another school within the district, and the two principals worked out the details. Was internal and selected by my supervisor as a great fit so all went smooth through the interview.

Interview Questions

• if having children at the same school as being employed would be a problem   Answer Question

Negotiation

tried to nego higher wage, step, and get credit for experience with no avail.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Denver Public Schools (Denver, CO) in September 2016.

Interview

One very brief phone screen; one in-person with hiring manager; one follow up with hiring manager and their manager.

Overall opinion was somewhere between neutral and positive. The hiring manager was very nice, although roughly 2 months passed between interviews and I was unsure what happened. When called in for final interview things moved quickly after there. Although I wasn't selected, I did receive personal notice - a nice touch to receive that for the time I invested in their process.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral based questions along with some technical questions - tell me about a time when you... managed a project? Implemented a change? etc   Answer Question

Ela-s Second Grade Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Denver Public Schools (Denver, CO).

Interview

1st interview was panel style. 2nd interview was a sample lesson that I delivered for students, and debriefed with panel afterwards. It was very thorough. parents, teachers, and administrators were present. They did not ask the one question that I expected, which was why am I returning to the classroom after so many years.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Denver Public Schools.

Interview

Writing an essay answering questions given on the DPS website. DPS called and scheduled a pre-screening phone interview that lasted about 20 minutes. Once you 'pass' that interview, you can apply for specific jobs within Denver Public Schools.

Interview Questions

• What do you do when all the students in the room are not following your instructions?   1 Answer

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Denver Public Schools (Denver, CO) in March 2016.

Interview

The first step in the process was an online application. The online application required a 200-400 word essay, a resume, general job application information such as job history and education, and a few other questions. If you pass that round, the second step is a 20 minute phone interview. If you are accepted after the phone interview then you can start applying to individual schools. Each school has its own interview process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you received critical feedback that you were not expecting.   Answer Question
    • How do you make sure students are engaged in your lessons?   Answer Question
    • What are some of the challenges you anticipate facing when working with a group of students whose backgrounds do not match your own?   Answer Question

Elementary Ela-s Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Denver Public Schools (Denver, CO) in March 2016.

Interview

Long process! Had a brief interview with assistant principal and was asked to present a lesson. Went into the school presented a lesson to a team of teachers, principal and assistant principal. Was called back in 3 weeks later for a formal interview.

Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Denver Public Schools (Denver, CO) in February 2016.

Interview

3 weeks of interviews. 1st week I met with the new principal of the school and he described the job and asked what I would do to accomplish his goals in the first month. 2nd week I met with a panel of teachers from the school and when I arrived they told me I had 30 minutes to create a marketing plan and 30 minutes to present the plan to the board - this part was actually pretty fun because it made you think on your feet. 3rd week I meet with the principal and one of his assistants and they asked me a few more questions to fully understand what I would do to help market the school. Then a couple of days later, I got a phone call from the principal who offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• What would I do to increase the amount of students at the school?   1 Answer

Paraprofessional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Denver Public Schools (Denver, CO) in January 2016.

Interview

During the hiring process the interview was okay. When it came to the background ad reference check there was zero communication and HR dropped the ball to let the school know that I could be hired. HR did not explain health benefits or retirement.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good fit for this school?   1 Answer