Denver Public Schools Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Denver Public Schools

2.7

Sort:

Contractor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Denver Public Schools in July 2017.

Interview

Quick interview for data entry for school registration. The people were super friendly and they hired me immediately. They said the job could lead to a full-time position if I work hard the first couple months!

Interview Questions

• Do you have gps and a car? Do you have data entry experience   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Denver Public Schools (Denver, CO).

Interview

Easy. Was transferred from another school within the district, and the two principals worked out the details. Was internal and selected by my supervisor as a great fit so all went smooth through the interview.

Interview Questions

• if having children at the same school as being employed would be a problem   Answer Question

Negotiation

tried to nego higher wage, step, and get credit for experience with no avail.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Denver Public Schools (Denver, CO) in January 2016.

Interview

During the hiring process the interview was okay. When it came to the background ad reference check there was zero communication and HR dropped the ball to let the school know that I could be hired. HR did not explain health benefits or retirement.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good fit for this school?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Denver Public Schools (Denver, CO) in August 2017.

Interview

Pretty easy to apply. You only need degree or you need to take their test. If you pass, you will have a job. Then, it took me 20 days to complete my paperwork

Paraprofessional Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Denver Public Schools in January 2011.

Interview

Two interviews with several people present, including one who did not need to be there.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an employee or supervisor who was making you miserable or your job more difficult?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Denver Public Schools (Denver, CO) in April 2012.

Interview

Lots of hoops to jump through
    This is a huge district with lots of random boxes to check and trainings to attend.
    I would not recommend it. If at all possible find a different district to work in. Working in DPS was the reason I changed careers. You will be under valued and under paid. Do not do! It is a trap.

Interview Questions

• There was a panel and they went off a set basic questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Denver Public Schools (Denver, CO) in August 2008.

Interview

Apply online. One or two interviews. Interview questions are specific to teaching positions and to new trends in education. Must know process of writing iep's and special education law. You are given 5-10 questions 10 minutes to interview and you can write your answers ahead of time. A panel interview of 3-6 people including principal and assistant principal and hiring committee made of teachers.

Interview Questions

• Describe what you would do if you encountered an enraged parent who was upset with their son/ daughter's performance in your class?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Denver Public Schools (Denver, CO) in August 2016.

Interview

I sat down with two administrators at my school, and they asked me a lot of questions. It actually felt more like a conversation, as it wore on. We sat together for at least an hour, and after a 5-minute private conversation between the two admin, I was immediately offered the job.

Interview Questions

• How do you accommodate ELL students in your classroom?   1 Answer

Office Support Interview

Interview

Have not had any contact since being laid off

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Denver Public Schools.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the person who would become my supervisor. She was stern but cordial. I did not interview with anybody else from the team. The questions were typical interview questions and nothing too hard or irrelevant.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to communicate with stakeholders across different levels?   Answer Question